Anyone have thoughts on why Citrix receiver only works when I'm on wifi and does not work when I'm bridged to my 9930? I can still log in but it won't launch any applications when I'm on bridge.
    04-16-12 07:22 PM
    Same here and I dont know why.
    04-16-12 07:49 PM
    Are you guys on BES? Bridge would be internal to your network and might require a different server name than Wifi which is seeing your network from the outside. For instance, the IP address you would be routed to from the outside when you use citrix.yaddayadda.com to connect to your Citrix environment but from inside your network, it would need an internal IP address unless your admin has set it in your internal DNS. Internally, try the server name if you know it, not the FQDN. You can set multiple configs in the Citrix app.
    04-16-12 08:12 PM
    Yeah, Citrix doesn't work through bridge. I got it working through tethering though. I had to go off site and had to make some edits to a document on our systems. I tethered my BB to the PlayBook, started up Citrix, made the edits using my mini keyboard, and emailed it off.
    04-16-12 09:15 PM
    We had a network outage the other day, hooked my playbook to my big 21inch wide screen, fired up my 9810's hotspot, and launched right back into my citrix desktop environment. Woot....
    04-16-12 10:10 PM
    We had a network outage the other day, hooked my playbook to my big 21inch wide screen, fired up my 9810's hotspot, and launched right back into my citrix desktop environment. Woot....
    was going to suggest just that - get the latest 7.1 and fire up wifi hotspot
    04-17-12 12:46 AM
    Are you guys on BES? Bridge would be internal to your network and might require a different server name than Wifi which is seeing your network from the outside. For instance, the IP address you would be routed to from the outside when you use citrix.yaddayadda.com to connect to your Citrix environment but from inside your network, it would need an internal IP address unless your admin has set it in your internal DNS. Internally, try the server name if you know it, not the FQDN. You can set multiple configs in the Citrix app.
    Yep, I'm on bes. Must be something like that. I'll have to call our Citrix guy and see if he can help. If I can get Citrix running via bridge i can leave my laptop at home for the day.
    04-22-12 03:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD