This is an excellent "Spacewars" type shooter and overwhelmingly worth the 99 cent cost. There's a free version that will let you experience it. I liked it so much that I bought the paid version. And as any Playbook owner knows, there isn't much to choose from in the Appworld. So when a good one like this is dicovered, it will make you glad you have a PB.
    04-11-12 09:52 PM
    Giving it a try now...
    04-11-12 10:36 PM
    It's great.
    04-11-12 11:54 PM
    gonna try the freebee first.. then..?????
    04-12-12 10:49 AM
    Hey, I'm the developer of Alpha Wave and just wanted to thank you for your support.

Also, wanted to let you know that we are hard at working on a free update to Alpha Wave that will make it way more... cooler... and awesome!

New enemies, weapons, power ups, effects and the control scheme is going to change too. Should make for an even better gaming experience!
    westcoaststyle likes this.
    04-12-12 12:14 PM
    Downloading the trial version now. Love the descriptor of the price. "Less than half the price of a high society coffee".
    HardlineStudios likes this.
    04-12-12 03:11 PM
    Hey, I'm the developer of Alpha Wave and just wanted to thank you for your support.

Also, wanted to let you know that we are hard at working on a free update to Alpha Wave that will make it way more... cooler... and awesome!

New enemies, weapons, power ups, effects and the control scheme is going to change too. Should make for an even better gaming experience!
    I hope not detrimentally. I find the current controls perfect and the gameplay is "Goldilocks" perfect. Not too hard, not too easy...on my specific skill level.
    04-12-12 04:58 PM
    ive had it for a while. Good game!
    04-12-12 07:18 PM
    Downloading the trial version now. Love the descriptor of the price. "Less than half the price of a high society coffee".
    Hahah funny and true!
    04-17-12 12:10 PM
    I hope not detrimentally. I find the current controls perfect and the gameplay is "Goldilocks" perfect. Not too hard, not too easy...on my specific skill level.
    Well, the sliding of the finger worked but had it's flaws. First and foremost it makes it much harder to see your ship as the finger is usually covering it. This is even more apparent on smartphone with smaller screens. Secondly, as the finger gets sweaty, it starts skipping across the screen this making the not move smoothly thus making it harder to play. Thirdly, we get a lot of people complaining about tired fingers!

That said, we are moving towards a system with virtual buttons on either side of the screen to move the ship left and right with power-up buttons much closer to the fingers for easier access to them.

We are keeping the singularity bomb and adding a few other power-ups too!

Early testing has our testers liking this concept a lot more!
    04-17-12 01:56 PM
    Well, the sliding of the finger worked but had it's flaws. First and foremost it makes it much harder to see your ship as the finger is usually covering it. This is even more apparent on smartphone with smaller screens. Secondly, as the finger gets sweaty, it starts skipping across the screen this making the not move smoothly thus making it harder to play. Thirdly, we get a lot of people complaining about tired fingers!

That said, we are moving towards a system with virtual buttons on either side of the screen to move the ship left and right with power-up buttons much closer to the fingers for easier access to them.

We are keeping the singularity bomb and adding a few other power-ups too!

Early testing has our testers liking this concept a lot more!
    Sadly I've never been one for liking that arrangement as you described. I find it incredibly tedious and difficult to control an object like the one in this game through such controls. It has to do with coordination problems for me. Oh well....at least I'll get to enjoy it by not updating.
    04-17-12 06:14 PM
    I also got to say that I'm perfectly fine with the current arrangement of the controls. Would love to see an option where you can select which control schemes to use. For this type of game, I'm not quite so sure that I like having buttons to press on the side of the screens. I've played some games that use this type of arrangement and it always seems harder to be precise with the controls.
    04-17-12 07:08 PM
    Hey guys.

So the new update to Alpha Wave is in the app store and includes the new control scheme which I really think you are going to like BUT I will let my customers be the judge.

WAVE UP!
    07-31-12 02:42 PM
    Like it a LOT! Lots of new features and looks great!
    08-01-12 10:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD