So apparently someone else has set up threir ID on my playbook. Im guessing i was given a used one from my work. How can i change the user so that i can download nonfree apps?
    10-01-11 04:37 PM
    Welcome to the forum!

It might seem extreme but you must do a security wipe and reload the OS. Setup will ask you to supply the BBID you want to associate with your PlayBook. Be sure to backup your data first (assuming that there is any data on the device that you care about).
    10-01-11 04:54 PM
    I _thought_ some folks have been able to log on to the blackberry site and establish a new id there and then attach it to the pb without the wipe but I may not recollect fully.
    10-01-11 05:19 PM
    I _thought_ some folks have been able to log on to the blackberry site and establish a new id there and then attach it to the pb without the wipe but I may not recollect fully.
    There is nowhere on the PB Options screen to specify a BBID. If you're interested, the following is the story of how I learned (the hard way) about the only way to associate a new BBID with a PlayBook:

Way back in May when I first got my PB, I was in one of those situations where I couldn't use my original BBID to purchase apps due to error 13000. At that time customer support (incorrectly) told me to delete my old BBID and create a new BBID with the same email address. This procedure screwed up my setup even worse -- then support told me the only way to fix it was to swipe and go through the setup again. To top it off, I still had the same 13000 problem as before and ended up changing my payment options from App World on my PC. This procedure finally fixed things. Except that I had to individually restore all of my purchased app (but that's a different story).
    10-01-11 05:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD