Is there a decent app for this on playbook? I use TuneIn on my iphone but it isn't in the playbook app world. Any decent equivalents?
    03-31-12 12:08 AM
    why not just use the browser?
    03-31-12 12:13 AM
    As Tunein refused to release an app for the Playbook you can try Norbex. It's a free radio program that will allow you to listen to radio stations within your own country. Which, oddly enough for Canadians, means you can listen to radio stations in Canada and the United States.

If you want to go international, you will need the premium version which will cost you some amount (I dont remember). I have never been able to figure out how to pay for the premium edition through App World on the Playbook - I get an error message each time.

Anyways, if you download Norbex, you can search for CBC and listen to their radio streams using this app. The app is actually quite nice; I just wish that I could get international stations on it.
    grumpa likes this.
    03-31-12 02:08 AM
    I listen to CBC Music every day, all day. I simply use the browser & have saved the link to my Home Screen. This works far better than the CBC Music app that I have on my iPhone 4s (the actual webpage has more options and grants access to more music).

Cheers, Chris
    grumpa likes this.
    03-31-12 01:31 PM
    And if you open another app, it continues to play? I would prefer to use the TuneIn Radio app that I use on my iPhone on my PlayBook, but it's not available in the appworld.
    04-02-12 07:58 AM
    With the littlest bit of effort you could answer that question yourself. The browser and CBC Music website is free to use.

Just now I played through a complete level of Plants Vs. Zombies while listening to Radio3.

Cheers, Chris
    04-02-12 08:24 AM
    With the littlest bit of effort you could answer that question yourself. The browser and CBC Music website is free to use.

Just now I played through a complete level of Plants Vs. Zombies while listening to Radio3.

Cheers, Chris
    I know, but I don't have my playbook with me today to try.
    04-02-12 10:16 AM
    I know, but I don't have my playbook with me today to try.
    You left your house without your playbook?

Sorry, this is inconceivable to me.
    04-02-12 12:06 PM
    You left your house without your playbook?

Sorry, this is inconceivable to me.
    Haha, I have an iPad and sometimes when I need an app that's not yet on the blackberry, I'll take that, rather than the BB.

As Tunein refused to release an app for the Playbook you can try Norbex.
    I can't find this in the app world online.
    04-02-12 02:10 PM
    Haha, I have an iPad and sometimes when I need an app that's not yet on the blackberry, I'll take that, rather than the BB.

I can't find this in the app world online.
    I apologize, I spelt the name wrong. The full name is Nobex Radio for Blackberry Playbook. Here is the link for you: Free Nobex Radio for BlackBerry PlayBook - Download Nobex Radio for BlackBerry PlayBook - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World
    04-03-12 09:46 AM
    I apologize, I spelt the name wrong. The full name is Nobex Radio for Blackberry Playbook. Here is the link for you: Free Nobex Radio for BlackBerry PlayBook - Download Nobex Radio for BlackBerry PlayBook - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World
    Nobex has what I need, thanks for the recommendation!
    04-04-12 08:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD