I am wondering if there is a app that I can use on a playbook that is like a cash register or POS(point of sale)? I have a business that I work in a tight space and having a app that works on a playbook would be just the thing.
    Last edited by jskerutis; 08-29-11 at 09:10 AM.
    08-28-11 01:45 AM
    nothing yet?
    02-17-12 12:46 PM
    nothing yet?
    Is there an Android app that has this functionality? If so, perhaps you could contact that developer and see if they can port it to the PlayBook as it is very simple to convert most Android apps to the PlayBook.
    jskerutis likes this.
    02-17-12 01:42 PM
    I could try to write one if you list all functions app like that should include. Should not be hard.
    02-17-12 02:29 PM
    The problem with "writing a pos app" is what database does it connect to? Is it centred on one piece of proprietary pos software? Do you try to support them all?

Is it a standalone program/db on the playbook? There is a lot of thinking that would have to go into that.
    KermEd likes this.
    02-17-12 09:13 PM
    Another thing too, isevery company wants a different POS. And it can be hard to make a profit due to thecomplexities of the different databases. Can be very cumbersome. You probably need to talk to anexisting web based POScompany and go with a web solution.
    02-17-12 11:07 PM
    what I am looking for is a glorified cash register for the playbook. For myself the app would have to be able to input my menu items, with the cost plus tax. keep track of the items that are sold daily for a simple report at the end of the day. the app would have to be able to let me ring in items for customer sales so that I can collect money based on the item purchased.
    02-21-12 07:23 PM
    Another thing too, isevery company wants a different POS. And it can be hard to make a profit due to thecomplexities of the different databases. Can be very cumbersome. You probably need to talk to anexisting web based POScompany and go with a web solution.
    there are at least 100 food trucks in the Orlando area plus another 100 that are not even on the radar, times that by every mid size city and the fact this is just the start of a trend for food trucks. the person that write this app, prices right would stand to make some big buck. I have seen some android app that come close.

the large point of sale companies charge a high price and very few purchase the software for the reason of it is to complicated and yes cost.
    02-21-12 07:28 PM
    The problem with "writing a pos app" is what database does it connect to? Is it centred on one piece of proprietary pos software? Do you try to support them all?

Is it a standalone program/db on the playbook? There is a lot of thinking that would have to go into that.
    i could send over what I have written on a spreadsheet and that could be you map.
    02-21-12 07:29 PM
    there are at least 100 food trucks in the Orlando area plus another 100 that are not even on the radar, times that by every mid size city and the fact this is just the start of a trend for food trucks. the person that write this app, prices right would stand to make some big buck. I have seen some android app that come close.

the large point of sale companies charge a high price and very few purchase the software for the reason of it is to complicated and yes cost.
    Good budget
    02-21-12 08:23 PM
    i could send over what I have written on a spreadsheet and that could be you map.
    I sent you a private message with my contact info
    02-23-12 05:29 PM
    I'm also interested with POS in playbook please inform me
    03-16-12 09:43 AM
    This is verry easy to do in the excel app. You dont really need an app. I might write an android app and port it to playbook if you want..I can't do playbook programming yet but i know the android base.
    03-16-12 10:01 AM
    check out square.com

might be what your looking for, i want this bad, but its android and apple only, and only available in US, im sure it can be ported over for playbook, but not available in canada
    05-31-12 04:36 PM
    i was actually going to tackle this next wekk but looks like its bene taken :P so another idea cross form list
    Wright_PC likes this.
    05-31-12 04:53 PM
    I checked and on android they have square card reader and pay with square. No square register.

I found regisdroid and have the apk and can upload it to the converter page and you can sideload it.

check out square.com

might be what your looking for, i want this bad, but its android and apple only, and only available in US, im sure it can be ported over for playbook, but not available in canada
    Last edited by KennethD; 05-31-12 at 05:48 PM.
    05-31-12 05:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD