hey xsasha, im trying to get the 'Cookbook' sample running, but when it installs it gives me the 821 error; Device not BB10

i tried changing the platformVersion to 2.1.0.1314 but i still get the same error.
    the helloworld sample you posted works fine

edit; i tried to package the app in QNX Momentics IDE
    Are you using the BB10 NDK or the PB NDK? I think you need to use the PB one to be able to install on PB. And I believe with the PB NDK you need to do a bunch of extra steps to get Cascades working properly.
    02-08-13 01:09 PM
    Are you using the BB10 NDK or the PB NDK? I think you need to use the PB one to be able to install on PB. And I believe with the PB NDK you need to do a bunch of extra steps to get Cascades working properly.
    I'm using the BB10 NDK
    Havent tried to package it with the PB NDK. Have to download it first though
    02-08-13 01:30 PM
    I'm using the BB10 NDK
    Havent tried to package it with the PB NDK. Have to download it first though
    Maybe this could help: /dev/alopix: HowTo: Use BlackBerry 10 Cascades UI framework on PlayBook ? (It seems to suggest you should indeed be using the BB10 NDK from my brief read, so you may want to hold off downloading the PB NDK for the moment...)
    02-08-13 02:26 PM
    Maybe this could help: /dev/alopix: HowTo: Use BlackBerry 10 Cascades UI framework on PlayBook ? (It seems to suggest you should indeed be using the BB10 NDK from my brief read, so you may want to hold off downloading the PB NDK for the moment...)

i used that site to 'port' cascades to the playbook. cant get it working... just installed PB NDK, that might do the trick
    02-08-13 02:34 PM
    i used that site to 'port' cascades to the playbook. cant get it working... just installed PB NDK, that might do the trick
    Hmm, yes. I have just been trying to follow that site myself, and I have hit a flaw; it says to change the platformVersion to 2.0.0.7917 "or whatever the rich editor in the IDE will allow you to select" - but the IDE only lets me select "Current SDK Target" or 10.x.x.x. (I do have the PB NDK installed as well).

(If you get it working, be sure to post how you did so, I'd like to get it working too )
    02-08-13 02:43 PM
    Hmm, yes. I have just been trying to follow that site myself, and I have hit a flaw; it says to change the platformVersion to 2.0.0.7917 "or whatever the rich editor in the IDE will allow you to select" - but the IDE only lets me select "Current SDK Target" or 10.x.x.x. (I do have the PB NDK installed as well).
    i got this so far; select as current SDK target; 10.0.9.xxx , close the .xml file, right click on the xml file, select; open in Text Viewer (while you're in QNX Momentics IDE)
    now you'll see: <platformVersion>10.0.9.xxx</platformVersion>

i tried to change that to 2.1.0.1314 , and 2.0.0.2797. none of that worked for me. still received the 821 install error; device not BB10

edit; GOT IT ! install the PB NDK, after install just open up the Playbook NDK, Close it and re-open the BB10 NDK. you now can select 'Blackberry OS 2.1.0'. i'll try to make some samples working

re-edit; now QNX Momentics IDE only show the 2.1.0 SDK ; cant package Cascades apps anymore...

edit; re-installed BB10 NDK, i'm back where i started... someone please help
    Last edited by jeroen_13; 02-08-13 at 04:00 PM.
    02-08-13 02:46 PM
    can you make the compass and calender sample work please
    02-08-13 03:05 PM
    when i try to build the app i receive an error message with; SDK and device OS mismatch.

after install i'll get this message:

Code:
    Deployment Failed: Info: Sending request: Install and Launch
    Info: Action: Install and Launch
    Info: Debug native: on
    Info: File size: 289697
    Info: Installing com.example.myapp.testDev_ample_myappdf96c9c4...
    Info: Processing 289697 bytes
    actual_dname::
    actual_id::
    actual_version::
    result::failure 821 Application-Requires-System: unrecognized system name 'BlackBerry 10'
    02-08-13 04:25 PM
    I can get Qt 4.8.3 compiled and Qt/QML apps all work well on PBOS 2.1.0.1526. I can also get Symbian components running but a lot of modding is needed. Does Cascades use a combo of a compiled library and QML files to define the components?

Right now I'm using Qt Creator 2.4 for UI design, C++ coding and testing on the Symbian and Meego simulators. The Playbook app is then packaged and deployed by hand. I would like to try using Qt Creator 2.7 with the Z10 BB10 SDK for a similar workflow for developing and testing Cascades on PB... deployment will be done by hand.
    04-15-13 12:13 AM
109 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD