https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/cascades/

Since they are out will we be seeing some great apps soon?
    05-01-12 07:59 AM
    https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/cascades/

Since they are out will we be seeing some great apps soon?
    Yeah and the samples are available here:
    https://github.com/blackberry/Cascad...e/master/kakel
    05-01-12 08:13 AM
    Hope we can just package the apps they showcased a while back and put them on our playbooks. Don't have enough time to look through their website atm
    05-01-12 08:40 AM
    They have a beta out for bb10! Finally. I'm very happy about that, now I can move forward with my apps!

But does this mean no Cascades for Playbook OS 2?
    05-01-12 08:49 AM
    They have a beta out for bb10! Finally. I'm very happy about that, now I can move forward with my apps!

But does this mean no Cascades for Playbook OS 2?
    Well the Pacemaker app works fine on OS 2.
    app_Developer likes this.
    05-01-12 09:03 AM
    Ah, good point. So hopefully they will allow the rest of us to do that soon also. I'm going to assume they will.
    05-01-12 09:05 AM
    Cascades app will work fine on the playbook too I guess...
    05-01-12 09:12 AM
    Will work when RIM decides to make another update which will include qt4 (cascades) precompiled libraries.
    05-01-12 10:17 AM
    Wow! Does this mean that the developers can now deploy apps on OS2 using the latest cascade tools meant for BB10?
    05-01-12 10:19 AM
    Currently, from what I've researched, Cascades is just available (publicly) for the BB10 SDK at the moment, in other words for the dev alpha device and its simulator. However, I did also see a note this morning (I forget where, I've clicked too many links!) stating that it is being worked into the other SDK's ongoing, which means it will be available for PlayBook Tablet OS and we won't need to wait for BB10.

If I find the source again I'll post it.

Russ.
    app_Developer and nazreil25 like this.
    05-01-12 10:36 AM
    xsacha, can you post example of bar-descriptor.xml how to include cascades libs ? I wasted 3 hours in order to get working cascades example but got only this
    Code:
    ldd:FATAL: Unresolved symbol "_ZN28QNXWebCompositingMessageLoopC1EP35IQNXWebCompositingMessageLoopClient" called from libQtCascades.so
    :
    05-01-12 10:49 AM
    Currently, from what I've researched, Cascades is just available (publicly) for the BB10 SDK at the moment, in other words for the dev alpha device and its simulator. However, I did also see a note this morning (I forget where, I've clicked too many links!) stating that it is being worked into the other SDK's ongoing, which means it will be available for PlayBook Tablet OS and we won't need to wait for BB10.

If I find the source again I'll post it.

Russ.

Thanks! I'm not a developer but I've been wanting to develop for BlackBerry and I wanna rock cascade on my PlayBook...
    05-01-12 10:57 AM
    Weird, I'm not able to download BB10 SDK..Only simulator seems to be working right now.

https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/...1204251322.exe
    05-01-12 11:06 AM
    Maybe PB OS 2.1? Or is that too optimistic?
    05-01-12 11:12 AM
    xsacha, can you post example of bar-descriptor.xml how to include cascades libs ? I wasted 3 hours in order to get working cascades example but got only this
    Code:
    ldd:FATAL: Unresolved symbol "_ZN28QNXWebCompositingMessageLoopC1EP35IQNXWebCompositingMessageLoopClient" called from libQtCascades.so
    :
    There's nothing special in the bar-descriptor.xml.

Just include all the Qt libs in the lib folder.
    Also make sure you have the LD_LIBRARY_PATH set as app/native/lib
    Just normal Qt stuff.
    05-01-12 11:12 AM
    PlayBook is getting BBOS 10 eventually or perhaps the other way around, BB10 right now is essentially OS2. Hope we get a 2.1 with Cascades update soon!
    05-01-12 11:18 AM
    There's nothing special in the bar-descriptor.xml.

Just include all the Qt libs in the lib folder.
    Also make sure you have the LD_LIBRARY_PATH set as app/native/lib
    Just normal Qt stuff.
    All Qt lib + libbb, libskia etc etc. No luck. I quit for today

Code:
    NavigatorPrivate::NavigatorPrivate - width=1024
    NavigatorPrivate::NavigatorPrivate - height=600
    NavigatorPrivate::NavigatorPrivate - angle=0
    BpsEventDispatcher::processBpsEvents() - thread started
    ### Server Thread: STARTED
    startScreenEventThread(SUCCESS)
    ### PPS Thread: STARTED (8)
    /pps: 17
    /pps/services: 17
    /pps/services/automation: 17
    /pps/services/automation/framework: 13
    NavigatorPrivate::setAllowedOrientation - allow=1
    file:///accounts/1000/appdata/com.example.StampCollector.testDev_mpCollector8b282c3b/app/native/assets/ContentPage.qml:46: ReferenceError: Can't find variable: _contentView
    file:///accounts/1000/appdata/com.example.StampCollector.testDev_mpCollector8b282c3b/app/native/assets/ContentPage.qml:30: ReferenceError: Can't find variable: _contentView
    NavigatorPrivate::handleBpsEvent: Event received: navigator active. WindowGroupID: mainWindow-12173472-0

Process 12173472 (StampCollector) terminated SIGSEGV code=1 fltno=11 ip=784fc0ec(/base/usr/lib/graphics/omap4430/wsegl-screen.so@_btext+0x180) mapaddr=000010ec. ref=00000040
    05-01-12 11:57 AM
    Looks like playbook is being put on the back burner....
    05-01-12 12:12 PM
    I wouldn't say so if you remember the html5 test site showed that BB10 and OS 2.1 had the same score. On top of that employees of RIM tweeted out that they were rewriting the browser app with cascades. So from A to B to C I'm sure will see full cascades compatibility in PB OS 2.1

Also, I know I'm not providing any links to back this up but I'm lazy.
    05-01-12 12:31 PM

The HTML5 test - How well does your browser support HTML5?

No, its not. Read the results, BB10 for Playbook and PB OS 2.1 are on there.
    nazreil25 and BB_Bmore like this.
    05-01-12 12:35 PM
    Yeah and the samples are available here:
    https://github.com/blackberry/Cascad...e/master/kakel
    Can these samples be sideloaded onto the PlayBook and if so could someone provide .bars so we those of us who aren't developers can just play around with the samples to get a taste of cascades?
    05-01-12 01:46 PM
    Hands on video of the BB10 Alpha is showing 391 + 10 bonus points on the HTML5 test --- 10 points higher than the previous BB10 results.

05-01-12 01:48 PM
    i cant be arsed now, i was looking forward to hearing some good news regarding the playbook, Cascade apps need to hit playbook now, ffs we are sinking fast here compared to other tablets, TAT showed loads of demos running on the playbook over 12 months ago what have rim been doing in all that time?

im willing RIM to raise up but ffs if they arent interested then why should we be ?
    05-01-12 03:48 PM
    Hands on video of the BB10 Alpha is showing 391 + 10 bonus points on the HTML5 test --- 10 points higher than the previous BB10 results.

is that BB10 running on that phone ? if so where is Cascades Browser ? another load of BS from some on twitter.
    05-01-12 03:51 PM
    is that BB10 running on that phone ? if so where is Cascades Browser ? another load of BS from some on twitter.
    Yes, all the dev phone run the cascade framework and the PB will get it as said above I would bet the PB has access to all the framework libraries in OS 2.1 which is being tested now.
    05-01-12 03:55 PM
109 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD