I am having issues as many others I understand, when trying to purchase an APP through PAYPAL in the Playbook. So PAYPAL suggested I purchased directly from the laptop. I tried that and the APP World website, when detecting the Playbook connected, immediately shows a red message saying " go to the appworld in your playbook and purchase this APP" or something like this...

Can anyone help?
    08-22-11 12:18 PM
    No.. because you can't load them through desktop manager so downloading them to your pc is useless
    08-22-11 12:40 PM
    ...you have to download it directly to your playbook...

...and beside, even if you managed to download it to your PC, you have to sideload it to your playbook then...
    08-23-11 04:49 AM
    how to install the downloaded apps into PB? The file downloaded is in 'jad' format, it could not run or install automatically like download from Appworld.
    08-23-11 05:35 AM
    Still, RIM has a plugin built into the App World website that let's you install apps to your phone. It would be nice to be able to use this same plugin or similar one to install apps to your PB as well, especially since you can't download apps unless you're on wifi.
    08-23-11 09:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD