Well I have been trying to buy some apps from app world but for some reason I keep getting an error saying something is wrong with my credit card, error 10000. I looked it up and it says try a different credit card so I have tried 3 different credit cards and always get the same error.

Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this issue?
    07-25-11 10:30 PM
    How long since you paid the bill?
    07-25-11 10:33 PM
    I was getting similar nonsense when I tried to use my credit card. When I tried to use pay pal, I got a 13000 error. You might be able to fix this by signing into App World from your PC and adjust your payment options from there. The sign-in link is at the top-right corner of the App World page. BTW some people on the BB Support Forum have reported entries on their credit card even though the transaction was not successful. It didn't happen to me but you should check your statement just in case. Good luck.

Edit: one other note - I was advised to wait an hour or so after changing my payment options so the changes could propagate through the system.
    Last edited by BuzzStarField; 07-25-11 at 10:52 PM.
    07-25-11 10:46 PM
    I have signed into app world from my pc and changed the credit card 3 times still no luck. Thanks for the info about the charges I will keep an eye on that.
    07-25-11 10:53 PM
    Sorry about your luck with the credit cards. If you are so inclined, you can try setting up pay pal options. That's what finally got me up and running.
    07-25-11 11:06 PM
    I had the very same problem: error 10000 when trying to purchase an app, no matter what card or payment method I used. After three weeks doing all the steps suggested by technical support, I found the fix... so to speak.

I was using the same email address for my BlackBerry ID and my PayPal account. So, I created another email account to use it to create a new PayPal account. Then, I validated my credit card on the NEW PayPal account, and then set this new PayPal account as my default payment method... and voil!

I've purchased Blaq and TouchUp Pro and a couple games so far. No more error 10000. The only difference with my previous attempts (I had to go through all the solutions on the BlackBerry Knowledge Base) was that PayPal validated my card by charging me 1.75 USD (and reimbursed later) and adding a validation code in the description of the charge.

I'm quite happy with my PB now and, despite the lack of PIM and Kindle and Skype and IM+ and a decent PDF reader and (personal wish) visualizations and ID3 tags discovery online in the music player and screen timeout disabling and... well, despite of all those shortcomings, I won't be switching to the Iconia Tab A100 now that I can buy apps.

Hope this information will help.
    07-26-11 03:45 AM
    im having the same problem too with app world cc payment and also paypal payment. i gave up trying, looks like RIM doesnt care abt selling apps.
    07-26-11 05:04 AM
    I got it working, I had to change my payment method to paypal and then add my credit card as the backup payment method in paypal.
    07-26-11 08:23 AM
    I only use prepaid cards to make online purchases... most of them have an expiration date of 2019.. AppWorld only goes up to 2017 .. wtf? Sorry developers -
    07-26-11 08:38 AM
    I emailed app world support regarding this issue last month and this was the response i received.

Error ID: 10000 means there is something wrong with a users PayPal account. The will either need to create a new PayPal account and link it to their App World BlackBerry ID, or use a different payment method (Credit Card, Carrier Billing if supported on their carrier).

There is also a knowledge-base article regarding error 1000 here:
    KB24454-"There is a problem with your credit card authorization. Please try again or visit blackberry.com/appworld/support for more information. (Error ID: 10000)" appears when an attempt is made to purchase an application in BlackBerry App World
    07-26-11 08:54 AM
    Its not the CC's or Paypal, its appworld. RIM being useless
    07-26-11 09:34 PM
    gimme your credit card number let me test it out for you ......jkjk
    07-26-11 10:12 PM
    i also stop trying. did everything possible and nothing works.

so no more downloading. better buy another brand tablet though.
    08-27-11 07:02 PM
    Man... I've been having this problem as well... I think it's App World... AND MY STATEMENT SAID THE TRANSACTIONS WERE PENDING!!!! I HOPE THEY DON'T GO THROUGH!
    08-27-11 07:30 PM
    I never encounter this issue before. Have you tried contacting support?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-11 05:02 PM
    If anyone has an account on the BlackBerry Forums, it would be nice if you can post some details about your issues here:

In App Purchase Error - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    08-30-11 12:18 AM
    Anyone has a better solution? I've tried using 3 different credit cards that I'm using to purchase online like in iTunes and Android Apps, and they are OK but not on BB Apps World (Error ID: 10000). Then, I've tried to open a PayPal account (even I have a bad experience before) just to purchase games and applications from BlackBerry Apps World. Still no luck and RIM has not responding. I even contacted directly the concerned developers and try to buy the applications directly to their site and downloaded them to my PlayBook but they say that RIM wouldn't allow that.

I would really appreciate if someone can suggest or recommend another way.
    Last edited by joshua_sx1; 08-31-11 at 01:02 PM.
    08-31-11 12:59 PM
    Stay in contact with the developer, and reference this thread. Once they see it, they might understand there is a serious problem and offer an alternative version to download which does not have BlackBerry in-app billing.

08-31-11 01:01 PM
    Sorry, I didn't read all this.

Just wanted to point out, I had issues buying Apps on my PB after I downloaded a new version of App World on my phone. I think once I logged into My World on my phone all was good.

Hope that helps anyone with the same issue I had. Sorry if its irrelevant info.

08-31-11 01:02 PM
    I wish RIM will allow us to buy directly from the developer's sites and then uploaded to our PlayBook through Apps World until they find the solution to fix the problem. Actually, most PB users from Middle East are experiencing the same problem.
    08-31-11 01:07 PM
    I have been having the same problem. It use to work with my old credit card and when it expired and I tried to put in a new one that's when my problems started. I've now tried 2 seperate cards to no avail. Meanwhile these cards work when I use it in google play to purchase apps for my brother.
    I have called and email blackberry support over 14 times and they couldn't come up with a solution except waste my phone bills. All they sugessted was for me to use paypal...and unfortunately paypal doesn't work in my country.
    I just think that RIM does not take its customers seriously.
    It is sad cosidering how we have stuck with RIM through all its troubles. I take a lot of bashing from all the apple fanboys and android fanboys and have stuck with RIM and this is how they treat me? how sad.
    Please if anyone has a solution, kindly help.
    09-07-12 09:52 AM
    I just bought Modern Combat 3 a couple of days ago without any problem. Used my PayPal account to pay for it.

What OS are you on? I'm on the latest beta 2.1.0.840 I think it is.

And just purchased Lara Croft to verify that everything was still working.
    09-07-12 02:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD