Hey all,

I cannot open PPT and PPTX files that I downloaded on my Playbook. I try to open a file and literally nothing happens...

I have Version 2.0 and already tried some things (saved all files, wiped the PB, installed again -> no change).

Can anybody help?
    03-08-12 11:24 AM
    Welcome to the forums.

Please tell us how are you getting the files in the device and how are you trying to open them.

The process should be pretty simple: Find file, click it (where it either opens or asks if you want to).
    bln123 likes this.
    03-08-12 12:30 PM
    Hi and thank you for trying to help!

I either downloaded the pptx from the web or got them as an email attachment. I tried to open them in two ways: a) through the file manager or b) through the "open file" menu in docs to go....neither has worked. PDFs and DOCs open nicely.

Hope you have some advice, even if it means downloading a more capable app.
    03-08-12 05:21 PM
    Anyway you can attach the file here? I wouldn't mind trying to open it to see what's up.
    03-08-12 05:33 PM
    Hi and thank you for trying to help!

I either downloaded the pptx from the web or got them as an email attachment. I tried to open them in two ways: a) through the file manager or b) through the "open file" menu in docs to go....neither has worked. PDFs and DOCs open nicely.

Hope you have some advice, even if it means downloading a more capable app.
    Rename the file extension and remove the "x" and you are set!
    03-08-12 05:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD