I have a spanish training app that I'd like to push out before Feb 13, which means a few end features will be cut to meet the deadline; however, it's more than ready for primetime.

However, despite the hours and hours I've put into it, I'd like to charge $.99 to the PB community.

Can we charge for android apps?
    02-06-12 09:41 PM
    I have a spanish training app that I'd like to push out before Feb 13, which means a few end features will be cut to meet the deadline; however, it's more than ready for primetime.

However, despite the hours and hours I've put into it, I'd like to charge $.99 to the PB community.

Can we charge for android apps?
    There are currently Android apps on Appworld that are charging a price.
    02-06-12 09:50 PM
    OFC youn can!!! I hope to see you promote your app here when OS2.0 is out!!

And $0.99 is a great starting price! But do update it later so we can get those features that had to ve cut to meet the deadline!
    02-06-12 09:52 PM
    OFC youn can!!! I hope to see you promote your app here when OS2.0 is out!!

And $0.99 is a great starting price! But do update it later so we can get those features that had to ve cut to meet the deadline!
    As long as the app is submitted prior to the deadline, it will be eligible for the free offer. An update can be pushed out while the approval of the first version is still in progress.

The dev does not have to post the first (incomplete) version for sale if he would rather wait until the second one is approved.

Neither the date approved nor the date posted for sale have a bearing on the app's eligibility for the offer - all that matters is that the submission date for the initial version was prior to the deadline.
    02-06-12 10:14 PM
    Well, I think the amount of data and what I offer is worth more than $1, but I'd like to expand far beyond what I have.

The other features are being cut because of time, but they won't take too long, and it'll be pretty easy to update the database afterwords.
    02-06-12 11:18 PM
    As long as the app is submitted prior to the deadline, it will be eligible for the free offer. An update can be pushed out while the approval of the first version is still in progress.

The dev does not have to post the first (incomplete) version for sale if he would rather wait until the second one is approved.

Neither the date approved nor the date posted for sale have a bearing on the app's eligibility for the offer - all that matters is that the submission date for the initial version was prior to the deadline.
    Are you talking about the "send us an app, get a PB" deal? Thanks for the details on submiting apps, but I was not really talking about that.

Cutting on scope to make into a deadline is common place everywhere. I just reminded the OP that he should/could add the features later and the issue an update to his app.

But yeah, OP, go for that free Pb!
    02-06-12 11:47 PM
    Are you talking about the "send us an app, get a PB" deal? Thanks for the details on submiting apps, but I was not really talking about that.

Cutting on scope to make into a deadline is common place everywhere. I just reminded the OP that he should/could add the features later and the issue an update to his app.

But yeah, OP, go for that free Pb!
    I believe the OP was talking about the free PB offer. As far as I know, this is the same deal that RIM offered with respect to Air app at launch. If the thing works just submit it now - submit a more polished version whenever is convenient. If he thinks the initial version is good enough for prime-time, post it for sale as soon as it's approved. In this case, he can take your fine advice and take all the time he needs to polish the update.
    02-06-12 11:56 PM
    I believe the OP was talking about the free PB offer. As far as I know, this is the same deal that RIM offered with respect to Air app at launch. If the thing works just submit it now - submit a more polished version whenever is convenient. If he thinks the initial version is good enough for prime-time, post it for sale as soon as it's approved. In this case, he can take your fine advice and take all the time he needs to polish the update.
    I just need to add some more words. I have < 800. I want at least 1,000 before launching, because they I can say that they are paying $.001 per word.

:P.

I designed the app because I needed to app to do what I needed for me to learn (interactive repetition).

I'll submit it tomorrow evening, after I enter a few hundred more words.

*EDIT* - It was originally for Android; it still is, but I added a lot of touch-only features that I'll bring over to my future android-phone devices. Playbook is easier to develop for simply because I know the layout, and it won't change much!
    02-07-12 01:26 AM
    Yep. Android apps are like any apps on App World. I've bought a couple of Android apps...
    02-07-12 01:41 AM
    yes but write u will be providing the updates
    02-07-12 01:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD