Can someone test an app similar to NotesPlus for apple Ipad? Or something from Android, Ive had an Ipad2, but havnt tried Android or the PB, though I just ordered a playbook, and Im looking to use it for meeting notes, not by typing but writting. Can anyone test a program in the android emulator and let me know if it works? It can be any decent program that takes notes by your finger or a capacitance stylus.

Thanks!
    11-20-11 11:11 PM
    That would be great if someone would do this. I do have the PB and really would like to use it for taking hand written notes but have yet to find a good app. Please someone.....
    11-21-11 07:52 AM
    Even better would be swype, That's the only thing I miss about my samsung phone. Do you have a link to an android apk and I'll try converting and testing it tonight?
    11-21-11 09:24 AM
    some links to try,

I just did a google search, I dont have my PB yet but I was using my brother in laws a bit last night. If it had handwritting or this Swype program I could justify buying one. I have an ipad2 and ipod touch and both are perfect in almost everyway, havnt tried android yet buy I have a gingerbread tab on the way.

this is "swype"
    Swype.apk - Download

this is "handrite", it looks great too
    Handrite full – Handwriting note 1.58 - APKTOP

another note program, looks a bit cheap though
    MEMORANDUM - Android

Freenote APK, looks good too
    free Note Everything Pro v4.1.0 mobile apk software apps id 11557 | umnet.com

I think thats enough for now, if one of two of the above worked Id be real happy. The PB is a great size to carry around
    11-21-11 10:56 AM
    Can someone test an app similar to NotesPlus for apple Ipad? Or something from Android, Ive had an Ipad2, but havnt tried Android or the PB, though I just ordered a playbook, and Im looking to use it for meeting notes, not by typing but writting. Can anyone test a program in the android emulator and let me know if it works? It can be any decent program that takes notes by your finger or a capacitance stylus.

Thanks!
    theres currently nothing native available for the playbook.
    11-21-11 03:39 PM
    To the above, I know, I want testing done on the OS Dev 2.0 and sideloaded with the android running app. I cant justify this unless this thing can use hand written notes or that cool swype program...I heard its possible to load these android apps on the OS2 in dev mode...
    11-21-11 09:16 PM
    anyone? I guess Ill be doing testing when my order finally comes...
    11-23-11 01:08 PM
    Hey w39awh! Balth said he/she would test them tonight. So just hang tight.
    11-23-11 01:16 PM
    Its 3 days later tonight
    anyway I got my bros playbook Im gonna try to do some testing of my own in a bit, trying to learn the batch process to covert the apks and then install the bars
    11-24-11 06:00 PM
    Let me try, give me a minute or two. Make that 5 And it works great! Do you need the .lsv file? Because after I signed it, it gave out .bar and .lsv. Now all I need is a stylus.

ENJOY
    Last edited by dennie82; 11-24-11 at 06:09 PM.
    w39awh and Ittles like this.
    11-24-11 06:03 PM
    dude u beat me to it, i just isntalled all the SDK stuff and was editing a .bat file to try to convert...did you just use a normal signing program, I read somewhere you have to sign up for a license to do it?
    11-24-11 07:50 PM
    You just have to request the PBDT.CSJ and RDK.CSJ files from RIM. Then you can get the .P12 file to sign the bar apps.
    11-24-11 07:53 PM
    Ok, thanks, Ill do that in the comming days. How do you request it? Sign up as a developer on their site?

Also Im trying to run Handrite but as of right now its not loading. Ive got the android player installed, and I just installed Handrite with a Playbook_Tools zip I downloaded that sends the file to the IP of the playbook, with a password when in Dev mode.

Ive tried to open it but it wont open, another file I have installed is working though. Is there anything I should do with the .slv file?
    11-24-11 08:51 PM
    Can you send me a .p12 file while I am waiting for one myself, maybe its not working cause its not signed? or?

Im a noob at this...
    11-24-11 09:00 PM
    You gotta get your own .P12 files, it's a unique file for each person. Go here to get your CSJ files and here is the tutorial on how to "install" the CSJ file to RIM server so that you can create a .p12 file.

If you want to sideload the signed bar files, use DDPB Installer.
    w39awh likes this.
    11-24-11 09:05 PM
    I signed up a few minutes ago, Ill have it in the email within 2 hours...

Question: Do I have to sign all files myself that I want to use on the playbook, or only ones that I convert?

Is there a way to download others .bar files and they just work after sideloading?
    Last edited by w39awh; 11-24-11 at 09:11 PM.
    11-24-11 09:09 PM
    It seems that when I try to open files, like the one you gave me, it stays on the black screen with the logo, then nothing happens, if i close it, it keeps auto closing.

Also I am trying the android app, but it also closes when I open it after a sec or so...other apps I have that were .bars work
    Last edited by w39awh; 11-24-11 at 09:16 PM.
    11-24-11 09:10 PM
    What other android apps that you have that's working currently?

You only have to sign the .bar file, the one that you sideload to your Playbook, pretty much the one that you converted. Whether it works or not on the Playbook, that all depends on the application itself. Might want to try different version for one application.
    11-24-11 09:34 PM
    Its 3 days later tonight
    anyway I got my bros playbook Im gonna try to do some testing of my own in a bit, trying to learn the batch process to covert the apks and then install the bars
    I converted, signed and uploaded handrite, then realized it was a paid app (the free version is ad supported) and deleted it.
    11-25-11 08:11 AM
    thanks anyway balth, didnt know it was paid, so im guessing you can download the free one?

Did it run for you, or did you test it? That is the most important question that remains...
    11-25-11 12:43 PM
    using handwrite now. works great. I was thinking about getting a stylus now. I saw some guy make on on youtube but i dont know about his methods...

im going to bar/sign those other files and see how they compare. great use of the playbook though. I will definitely be using it to make notes
    11-26-11 04:46 PM
    okay so I checked into the swype and its incompatible for the versions I tried. It would be cool though to get an alternate keyboard working in android apps especially this one. 40 wpm... thats incredible for a tablet.

https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/...tibility-check

You might find a version that is actually compatible but I lack the time to check them all.
    11-26-11 05:10 PM
    Tried Swype the day the Playbook got OS2, it doesn't work (no keyboard replacement apps do).
    Genial Writing (which I got for my Nook) works quite well, but it's not free so I won't be posting it. Sorry.
    11-27-11 12:28 AM
    Any updates to which is the best?

I'm a college students looking to take quick notes in math and logic classes, so not long drawn out paragraphs and bullet points, but rather short equations.

I would also oay and convert - just want to know the best.
    11-27-11 07:12 PM
    I tried out Handrite 1.58 today on my Playbook and it is great! Thanks for the tip.
    03-02-12 06:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD