My worst complaint is just the fact that you have to leave appworld open while installing/downloading/updating apps.
    04-20-12 11:08 AM
    This is officially the dumbest thread on cb
    Lol... Just remember to rate the thread appropriately.
    04-20-12 11:36 AM
    My trolling sense is sensing that we are running out of legitimate things to cry about. I remember the good ol'e days when netflix and skype were the order of the day. How I miss those days.

While I don't generally pay attention to such things since I have a life, I believe my android tablet may be similar to pb with regard to updates however you can set them to auto update in the back ground.

I really wish we could stop filling the forum with noise and nonsense posts that add little real value to the forum. Just my 2 cents.
    But is there really any difference? To the OP this is a major issue, to many of us it is totally frivolous. Some of the same people who complain endlessly about the lack of Neflix or Skype or several others are deriding this poor fellow while being totally unable to admit that the feature that they want is just that, a want, perhaps an important one for them, but others may find it equally as frivolous as this complaint.
    04-20-12 11:41 AM
    RIM hopefully is taking note from the majority of replies that say this is not a HUGE flaw! With all they have going on i'm sure they are going to drop everything they r working on so they can address this issue. I'm not knocking u for having an opinion on what is important to you. In my book u crossed the troll line when u used the header that u knew world cause this type of feedback. I hope this is the type of post the moderators plan to put a stop to. Its only purpose was to be inflammatory
    04-20-12 11:47 AM
    i realised that on the playbook, only 1 app can be downloaded/updated at once. so if i am downloading/updating 5 apps, i would have to wait for each individual one to finish downloading AND installing before the download for my 2nd one would start.

what's going on?! this is even more backward than app world on bbOS. RIM take note.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    I can't find any example of an OS performing simultaneous installations (I mean real install, not 'simple copy'). As you don't know in advance what core files/processes will be used by app 1 against app 2 this would result in a probable mess !
    What we gain in PB appWorld is that we never (so far I know) have to reboot after install ... which is not the case on my BB 9900. So we're far from regression, IMHO.

Edit: just noticed that you were more about "downloading 2 while installing 1". Ok with you on this point. Still, not HUGE flaw
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 04-20-12 at 11:56 AM.
    04-20-12 11:53 AM
    Yes and not having to reboot the device after an app update is a Huge flaw too.
    talk about drama queen

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    04-20-12 12:01 PM
    [windows] I have done this many times when i do a fresh install of windows.
    You Sir are an adventurer !
    04-20-12 12:03 PM
    My worst complaint is just the fact that you have to leave appworld open while installing/downloading/updating apps.
    I second that .. it's kinda mildly annoying... But the beauty of OS 2.0 is multi tasking..so ideally it doesn't matter to me if app world is open in another Window...

Coming back to the "Huge Flaw" thing..

We were just comparing 2.0 to android 4.0 back in office today... To be honest I think os 2.0 is ahead of its time... It just feels "professional" compared to android 4.0 .. What it lacks though is zillions of apps that are available in android market.. But we all have to be considerate that it's just a beginning for. PlayBook... Android has been there for some time now..... So hence those many apps...
    04-20-12 01:08 PM
    Which is better, download 1GB then install app A then install app B, or download 500Mb, install app A, download 500Mb, install app B? They both download 1GB and install both apps, but with sequential downloads you have app A in half the time and app B at the end, instead of getting both at the end. I understand that if you have a 500Kb app being held up by a 500Mb app that could get annoying, so maybe the better solution would be a "install apps from smallest to largest file size" option. Then you'd get the benefits of both.
    04-20-12 01:14 PM
    OP got the message. He changed the title of this thread.
    NARva likes this.
    04-20-12 01:16 PM
    The funniest part of this thread is that it's already received 2 stars
    04-20-12 01:20 PM

We were just comparing 2.0 to android 4.0 back in office today... To be honest I think os 2.0 is ahead of its time... It just feels "professional" compared to android 4.0 .. What it lacks though is zillions of apps that are available in android market.. But we all have to be considerate that it's just a beginning for. PlayBook... Android has been there for some time now..... So hence those many apps...
    It "feels" professional? Can it actually be professional though?
    04-20-12 02:12 PM
    OP got the message. He changed the title of this thread.
    OP got an even stronger message, to go with all his previous bans.

Closed!
    Jean-luc_Picard and NARva like this.
    04-20-12 02:18 PM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD