hi i am using this update v1.0.8.6067, and i came to know that i can side load playbook software's. can i sideload with this version ? any help would be appreciated.
    02-03-12 03:18 AM
    Yes, you can. I watched the video guide to installing the snes emulator, and within 10 minutes had Mario Kart running on the PB. No previous use of developer mode, sideloading or anything.

Now looking for more stuff to sideload.
    02-03-12 04:13 AM
    just search the forums for how to side load apps theres alot of threads and videos even
    02-03-12 04:54 AM
    thanks for your reply folks i will try to install and will not wait for os2 update
    02-03-12 05:45 AM
    In response to PM

http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...aybook-694062/

The video that I followed - currently at the bottom of page 1 of this forum
    02-03-12 06:16 AM
    hi i am using this update v1.0.8.6067, and i came to know that i can side load playbook software's. can i sideload with this version ? any help would be appreciated.
    It is possible and legal as long as you are the copyright owner of the apps that you want to load or you have the express consent of the author. Developers generally give their express consent by submitting their products to App World for approval. In this case, of course, there is no need to sideload the software because App World takes care of the monetary transaction and installs the software OTA. If you plan on avoiding the monetary transaction by sourcing the software elsewhere, you would be breaking the law.
    02-03-12 11:25 AM
    It is possible and legal as long as you are the copyright owner of the apps that you want to load or you have the express consent of the author. Developers generally give their express consent by submitting their products to App World for approval. In this case, of course, there is no need to sideload the software because App World takes care of the monetary transaction and installs the software OTA. If you plan on avoiding the monetary transaction by sourcing the software elsewhere, you would be breaking the law.
    no man the main issue i am facing is that i don't have access to wifi. I use internet in my playbook using my bluetooth tethering, and appworld doesn't work with bluetooth internet. It requires wifi.
    02-03-12 01:07 PM
    thanks for your reply folks i will try to install and will not wait for os2 update
    Careful; you can sideload with OS 1.X, but you won't be able to run Android Apps until you get OS 2.X because OS 2.X includes the Android Player (simulator).
    02-03-12 01:10 PM
    i know it mate i wont install android apps. Waiting for v2 update
    02-03-12 01:21 PM
    no man the main issue i am facing is that i don't have access to wifi. I use internet in my playbook using my bluetooth tethering, and appworld doesn't work with bluetooth internet. It requires wifi.
    I'm did not mean to suggest that you had ulterior motives. The fact remains that the PlayBook is advertised as a wireless device. You need WiFi in order to update the OS and you need WIFI to use App World (and a few other services).

You could not have activated your device without access to WIFI and you should consider using the same hotspot (or any other public hotspot) to use App World. The bridge or a tethered connection will suffice for the vast majority of apps after they are installed.
    02-03-12 01:30 PM
    I'm did not mean to suggest that you had ulterior motives. The fact remains that the PlayBook is advertised as a wireless device. You need WiFi in order to update the OS and you need WIFI to use App World (and a few other services).

You could not have activated your device without access to WIFI and you should consider using the same hotspot (or any other public hotspot) to use App World. The bridge or a tethered connection will suffice for the vast majority of apps after they are installed.
    yes i will use the hotspot or i will buy a router thanks
    BuzzStarField likes this.
    02-03-12 01:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD