Hi I'm messing around with the android player cause I am looking to use ES Explorer to access my windows shares. Its working really well, I can see my shares and all the files. But when I try to download them I have nowhere to download them to because there is no local file system??? This is weird. Can a program in android player download a file so that it can be accessed by playbook media player?
    11-27-11 07:11 PM
    You're looking for /accounts/1000/shared That folder corresponds to the area of the filesystem that gets mounted when you connect your Playbook to a computer. It's got all the subfolders for different categories as well.
    11-27-11 07:25 PM
    I had Astro and ES Explorer... none of them seem to have access to ANY local file system. Just says directory does not exist and gets a write error if I try to write.

Any ideas what Im doin wrong?
    11-27-11 07:30 PM
    ok I must be doing somewthing wrong because repligo reader sees a file system while the file explorers are causing me trouble
    11-27-11 07:33 PM
    ok, I can access the file system... had to change the home directory under settings. But its all fo r naught anyways because when I try and download a file from my windows share it says "copy failed". Oh well. Still seems promising. If anyone knows a way to get movies off my shares Im all ears
    11-27-11 07:44 PM
    not what you asked for, but file browser has the ability to access ftp sites. You could set up a ftp share. ive never used it though, i just send stuff via wifi sharing from my pc
    11-28-11 04:51 PM
    I too don't know what you're asking for. When I plug my PB in, my PC publishes a Z: map. Anything I stick in Z: will be seen by Android apps at /accounts/1000/shared. So if you stick a movie on Z:\movies\RandomPr0n.avi you'd fire up RandomViewerPro and point it at /accounts/1000/shared/movies/RandomPr0n.avi
    11-28-11 06:58 PM
    in your es file explorer window, you should see several tabs like local,lan,ftp,net. local is for local file system. see the attached pic.
    11-28-11 08:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD