Hello all,

I know this could look awkward, But I really need someone to upload ShadowGun bar file for me :/ this shouldn't be called piracy. It's a free :/

Reason: It is not allowed for Arabian Gulf countries to download it. (Country: Qatar)

Thanks in advance.
    10-01-12 01:49 PM
    Did you give using a US IP proxy a try?
    pkcable likes this.
    10-01-12 02:04 PM
    Nope, Did't know I can do this. Will give it a try now.
    10-01-12 02:12 PM
    The proxy trick should work, here's how I did it. Find an anonymous proxy address and it should work.
    If your still having trouble pm me ill extract it.

[YT]v=KiOycT8M1gE[/YT]

[YT]v=O0CIOn-8F8I[/YT]
    Last edited by LimeTripBlog; 10-01-12 at 02:36 PM.
    10-01-12 02:26 PM
    I just tried a Proxy server, Whatismyip.com shows that I am using a US Proxy now but still AppWorld can't find ShadowGun and if I used the direct AppWorld link it tells me my device doesn't support it. :/
    10-01-12 02:36 PM
    I just tried a Proxy server, Whatismyip.com shows that I am using a US Proxy now but still AppWorld can't find ShadowGun and if I used the direct AppWorld link it tells me my device doesn't support it. :/
    Try using proxy address with high anonymity. Try this website http://www.hidemyass.com/proxy-list/
    10-01-12 02:38 PM
    The website says, It's High +KA (Hidemyass) but still :/. I will restart my PlayBook and check again if that makes any difference.
    10-01-12 02:39 PM
    The website says, It's High +KA (Hidemyass) but still :/. I will restart my PlayBook and check again if that makes any difference.
    Did it work?
    10-01-12 02:56 PM
    Did it work?
    Nope :/ ...10char
    10-01-12 02:57 PM
    Probably wrong but I remember when you used a proxy to get the U.S. video store, you had to wait for the small 3mb region update for it to work.
    To change your region
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...k-apps-703617/
    Last edited by balding1; 10-01-12 at 03:16 PM.
    10-01-12 03:03 PM
    Nope :/ ...10char
    Are you still trying? Do you need me to extract it?
    10-01-12 03:14 PM
    The proxy trick should work, here's how I did it. Find an anonymous proxy address and it should work.
    If your still having trouble pm me ill extract it.

Click to view quoted video

Click to view quoted video
    Just out of interest, how are you extracting the .bar files? Do you have a playbook still on an old release?

Russ.
    10-01-12 03:17 PM
    Just out of interest, how are you extracting the .bar files? Do you have a playbook still on an old release?

Russ.
    Yep I've got one playbook which still runs the old OS.
    10-01-12 03:32 PM
    Still doesn't work. Well It's ok. I have emailed Unity and I hope they will enable it for us soon. Thanks anyway
    diegonei likes this.
    10-01-12 03:46 PM
    Still doesn't work. Well It's ok. I have emailed Unity and I hope they will enable it for us soon. Thanks anyway
    If i manage to extract it i'll send you the link
    Just finished downloading
    10-01-12 03:56 PM
    If i manage to extract it i'll send you the link
    Just finished downloading
    Thanks a lot
    10-01-12 04:12 PM
    FWIW, it seems to already be available online.

Seeing as it is free, I will PM you the details.
    10-01-12 05:29 PM
    From what I know even if an app is free, distributing it without permission from the author would still make it illegal unless their license states otherwise about redistribution.. It is afterall their proprietary software..
    diegonei likes this.
    10-01-12 10:51 PM
    From what I know even if an app is free, distributing it without permission from the author would still make it illegal unless their license states otherwise about redistribution.. It is afterall their proprietary software..
    Illegal, sure. But it's freely available, so I personally feel it is ethically and morally acceptable to redistribute. Obviously if it was a paid app it would be completely wrong, and normally I wouldn't even condone it for free stuff, but when it's not available in one region, I don't think it's a problem. Obviously this is just my personal opinion, if you feel differently that's fine, don't get involved in the distribution of the app. (Not that I am "involved" as such; someone else uploaded it, I just found it and passed on a link).
    10-02-12 05:12 AM
    I disagree in this case. The app may be free today but they reserve the right to start charging for it at any time.

We don't have the right to distribute an app on the app creators behalf without their expressed approval to do so just because of how its priced today. But that's just my two cents.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    diegonei and TBone4eva like this.
    10-02-12 07:22 AM
    I disagree in this case. The app may be free today but they reserve the right to start charging for it at any time.

We don't have the right to distribute an app on the app creators behalf without their expressed approval to do so just because of how its priced today. But that's just my two cents.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    Well, yes, that is a good point. Particularly in this case, where it will become a paid app from the end of October or something. I didn't realise that at the time of my last post. Of course, I do not in anyway condone distributing a paid app. But while it is in the free period, I don't personally have an issue with distribution. (It may be illegal, but in this case, I don't care too much).
    10-02-12 08:38 AM
    Isn't it a serious crime if you break one of your religious laws by possessing something like this that is forbidden?
    balding1 likes this.
    10-02-12 01:17 PM
    It seems RIM caught up with the whole Proxy thing. I tried that and I was able to access the App world and I saw them both on the featured page saying "free" however when I click to enter that featured screen there are 2 boxes, one has Creavures in it, and the other one's blank !!
    10-02-12 02:42 PM
    can anyone please send me the .bar its crazy that i cant download it! im a uk user who has to be in the middle east (bahrain) for a month for work and i will have to miss out on the free game!!!
    10-03-12 05:00 AM
    can anyone please send me the .bar its crazy that i cant download it! im a uk user who has to be in the middle east (bahrain) for a month for work and i will have to miss out on the free game!!!
    It's annoying isn't it? I've always wondered what the logic is behind such a move, especially when their CreaVures game is free.
    10-03-12 06:33 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD