Firstly, figured i'd put this in the general thread, as i believe there would have to be both a handheld and a playbook component to this app, so it doesn't really fit in just one category. But if the mods want to move it, I guess do so as you see fit.

Now.. I want an app that allows me to control my playbook using my blackberry phone. This would likely be accomplished via Bluetooth, and having an app on the phone pair with an app on the playbook similar to way you can pair the two versions of Poynt or of course blackberry bridge.

Don't like typing on your playbook touch screen? Prop it up in its convertible case and use your blackberry keyboard to type while taking advantage of the larger screen.

Watching a movie via the native video player or via the netflix app we all hope to eventually get? Plug the playbook into the tv with the already available HDMI functionality and control it from the couch using your blackberry phone as the remote!

Presentation at the office? Plug your playbook into a television or projector and use your blackberry phone to flip through the slides by swiping the trackpad or touch screen and use touch screen gestures to highlight, circle or otherwise annotate what's on screen..

What would you pay for an app like this guys? 19.99? I would!

"Like" this posts to show the developers reading this that you want this app!
    11-30-11 03:35 PM
    It's not possible for 3rd party developers to do this with the current API. It will be part of OS 2.0 natively.
    11-30-11 04:06 PM
    What's your source that that functionality will be built into OS2?

This is the first I hear of it..
    11-30-11 08:37 PM
    A lot of things have been kept quiet surprisingly. It's for real and thats all I'll say about that.
    11-30-11 08:56 PM
    Id like to be able to control my PB from my phone. if this will be in 2.0.. this will be great
    11-30-11 09:16 PM
    Yeah. I think the ability to use a BlackBerry to control the PB is going to be in OS2.0...
    11-30-11 11:06 PM
    I've heard the ability to TYPE using a BB smart phone will be native in OS2 but not sure about the other ones... e.g., swiping from your phone whilst PB is hooked in to a presentation. That does sound like it would be useful.
    12-01-11 01:46 AM
    Being able to do exactly this: http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...tdroid-671379/ would be nice.
    12-01-11 08:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD