maybe we can list off apps we would like to see. No sense in adding apps that RIM has called. Hopefully this isn't a duplicate post:

windows RDP client
    BMC Remedy client
    Office Communicator - maybe through the bridge?
    Social Networking - similar to whats on the torch

What would you want?
    Last edited by Poncherelly; 05-08-11 at 04:42 PM. Reason: added a new want
    05-08-11 04:18 PM
    1. Video player that can play .mkv container with .srt subtitle capability. Also, this player should be able to list movie folder(s) and not just list every video files inside the main "videos" folder. I don't want to see 200 video files on one page and have to scroll up and down to search for a specific video to watch (which is what the default video player currently forces us to do....really annoying)

2. Folder/file explorer (too important not to have)
    05-08-11 04:52 PM
    Yup - File Manager.

Something to tackle bookmarks - "folderizing" or sorting or renaming or ALL.
    05-08-11 05:53 PM
    how about a better PDF reader and a better e-book reader, please, id pay for those.
    05-08-11 06:06 PM
    I'm not sure it is possible and may require delving into the bowels of the pb

Something to add cursor keys to the keyboard so I can edit my typos. It can be a diagonal swipe up from the right!
    05-08-11 06:43 PM
    I'm not sure it is possible and may require delving into the bowels of the pb

Something to add cursor keys to the keyboard so I can edit my typos. It can be a diagonal swipe up from the right!
    cursor keys would be great, positioning the little teardrop cursor thing in Word can be difficult.
    05-08-11 06:46 PM
    Task Manager. Something very simple and smooth
    05-09-11 01:00 AM
    A magnifying glass app to overcome the shortcomings in apps where the text is small and pinch/zoom does not work. Examples are the left frame in Bing where picking an item that is shown with small fonts is a bit difficult.
    05-09-11 08:42 AM
    I have a specific app request, that probably may not be too popular with anyone else, but I would love an app that can calculate t-tests: a statistical procedure for determing whether or not there are significant differences between two groups. If any developer is interested, I can give you all the formulas for calculating it and a couple of new stats textbooks if your interested. Would be quite useful for psychology students.
    05-09-11 09:37 AM
    if you cant get any develpers to create the is app for you, you can probably do this in a spreadsheet. create it on your comp and make sure it is working then drag it to the PB
    05-09-11 09:47 AM
    Ad-blocker. Ad-blocker. Ad-blocker. Ad-blocker. Ad-blocker. Ad-blocker. Ad-blocker. Ad-blocker. Ad-blocker. Ad-blocker. Ad-blocker. Ad-blocker. Ad-blocker. Ad-blocker. Ad-blocker. Ad-blocker. Ad-blocker. Ad-blocker. Ad-blocker. Ad-blocker. Ad-blocker. Ad-blocker. Ad-blocker. Ad-blocker.

Please, for the love of God, someone develop a decent Ad-Blocker! Charge $5 for it if you have to... I'll gladly pay for it. I'll even throw in a tip!
    Mojoski likes this.
    05-09-11 10:46 AM
    Ad-blocker. Ad-blocker. Ad-blocker. Ad-blocker. Ad-blocker. Ad-blocker. Ad-blocker. Ad-blocker. Ad-blocker. Ad-blocker. Ad-blocker. Ad-blocker. Ad-blocker. Ad-blocker. Ad-blocker. Ad-blocker. Ad-blocker. Ad-blocker. Ad-blocker. Ad-blocker. Ad-blocker. Ad-blocker. Ad-blocker. Ad-blocker.

Please, for the love of God, someone develop a decent Ad-Blocker! Charge $5 for it if you have to... I'll gladly pay for it. I'll even throw in a tip!
    agreed 1000%
    05-09-11 12:10 PM
    Take a look at "Zen Viewer" for the iPad. It's a document viewer/media player with bookmark and chapter support.

I just messaged them, asking if they had any plans for making a version for the Playbook, and within minutes, I got a reply, saying "If the Playbook takes off, then probably."

Let them know there's a demand for it, and maybe we'll get a good 3rd party PDF/ePub viewer out of it.

It sucks that developers are waiting on the success of the Playbook, when the device's success is dependent on developer support.
    05-09-11 12:20 PM
    has anyone built an app before or know how its done? i would love to learn how to do this and maybe build / convert some of these apps myself.
    05-13-11 09:50 PM
    Amen and Amen! I would gladly pay for a copy of Ad Block+ for the PB browser!!!

Having full flash support is what makes the PB browser so nice compared to some other tablets, but I'd forgotten what a huge pain in the *** flash can be without a good Ad Blocker!

Last edited by Mojoski; 05-13-11 at 10:04 PM. Reason: added a bit
    05-13-11 10:01 PM
    How about a program that will allow us to send a file (likely a word to go docx or pdf) to someone's fax number. Yes there still are people out who communicate through fax. I've used E-Fax for years from my pc's. E-Fax has a web component for subscribers and it might even work through the PB browser if it allows us to browse the PB to the file location, but I kindly doubt it. As luck would have it, the E-Fax site is undergoing maintenance right now, so I can not test it.
    05-14-11 01:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD