Any recomendations on an App to input basic dimensions into? I don't expect AutoCad...the ipad app that allows dimensions to be written onto pictures taken would be great but read its unavailable.
    A program I could draw room dimensions on would be great, if it has other features I'd be willing to pay $20-$30.
    05-29-12 02:18 PM
    I don't know of any application that allows that. I'm a kitchen designer and if need be, I use remote desktop to access my work server then I'm able to draw using the CAD software already provided by the company I work for.
    05-29-12 03:11 PM
    Well, if you're willing to put some effort into it you could download a free apk to your desktop (like D-Measures). I just tried this. Then I converted to bar here: PlayBook .apk to .bar converter - Then the bar is sideloaded back to the Playbook. If you're quick, my converted app is still available. It does work, but have a picture preloaded to try it with. It's all trial and error, but I'd consider if an Android app might fit the bill and try converting and sideloading.
    05-29-12 03:59 PM
    Thanks for the input guys-I will explore porting an Android App as there are a few that meet basic needs. I do need a program that runs on the Playbook as Wifi isn't usually available.

Considering the huge market for a cabinetry App I suprised there aren't a few choices for purchasers. There is intense competition with numerous choices of cabinetry software to run on laptop/desktop....this seems like a great opportunity for a developer. The playbook would be ideal in this industry, a native App for contractors doing renos, building decks etc would sell.
    05-31-12 07:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD