No love with xfinity.tv so far for me.
    I get to login, start a show, the player says 'obtaining authorization', then 'starting playback' and then nothing ever starts playing. Weird.

The HBO stuff tells me I need to install some player through a Java Applet which is obviously not going to work either.

04-26-11 01:09 PM
    Hopefully, firefox will eventually give us a browser with plug ins and all and solve this too.
    04-26-11 01:24 PM
    I bet this app would make Xfinity.tv work too! I'd pay a dollar for it!
    Once I obtain an Xfinity login, I will test the On Demand vids. Which parts of the site don't work for you, PK?

The free shows on the home page are powered by Hulu anyway though.
    Last edited by 312; 04-26-11 at 01:44 PM.
    04-26-11 01:40 PM
    Once I obtain an Xfinity login, I will test the On Demand vids. Which parts of the site don't work for you, PK?

The free shows on the home page are powered by Hulu anyway though.
    Basically the on demand and video stuff, BUT the access to program my DVR did work.
    04-26-11 01:47 PM
    Looks like "TheMarco" has ruined this idea for Hulu watchers. Hulu is now not only detecting the user agent, but also the OS. Nice job buddy!

We will still be rolling out this browser with other useful features.
    04-28-11 04:37 PM
    I would still like to have a browser that is not detected as a "mobile" one for a few sites that I frequent that do not give you an option of the full site. I'd pay a buck for that.
    04-28-11 04:56 PM
    We will include this feature. If you can, please provide a reference website which you know detects as a mobile site, so we can test our latest version against it.
    04-28-11 05:17 PM
    You can override the header with the OS string in it as well, right?

Looks like "TheMarco" has ruined this idea for Hulu watchers. Hulu is now not only detecting the user agent, but also the OS. Nice job buddy!

04-28-11 06:01 PM
    I'm working on it, but won't be mentioning anything about it here.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-11 06:03 PM

You're the one who brought it up 'buddy'! Or do you honestly think the exact same thing wouldn't have happened as soon as your browser shell would pop up?

Seriously, this is a 'fight' with Hulu we're probably not winning until an app shows up.
    04-28-11 07:25 PM
    maybe you could disguise this as a BMI calculator or another Canadian toilet finder and RIM would approve on the spot...because we don't have enough of these available for the playbook
    05-21-11 10:44 PM
    Sorry I missed your PM- I'll clean out my inbox in a bit. The app already was approved last week. I just haven't had a chance to make a minor modification I wanted to do before I posted it for sale. Will upload it this weekend.
    05-21-11 10:46 PM
    If only Netflix used flash :/
    05-22-11 01:43 AM
    If only Netflix used flash :/
    Netflix does use flash for Android.. but finding out how they're doing it that way is the hard part. XDA has quite a bit of info on it.
    05-22-11 02:19 AM
    Sorry I missed your PM- I'll clean out my inbox in a bit. The app already was approved last week. I just haven't had a chance to make a minor modification I wanted to do before I posted it for sale. Will upload it this weekend.
    Please provide us a link when you get it published. I am desperate for a browser that can access corporate resources that still don't see PB browser as ie7 or higher. The resource i am trying to hit is currently blocking PB and Android browsers, so they are lazy but it would be great to have a work around.
    05-22-11 11:04 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD