I don't have a credit card or PayPal account so how do I go about buying apps.
    Can I just use a normal bank withdrawal card in appworl.

Sounds like a basic question but that will be the only way I have of doing it.
    04-03-12 12:33 PM
    It's easy to sign up for PayPal. Once you've done that, you can transfer some money into it from your regular current account and use it to pay for apps and other things you buy online.
    04-03-12 01:43 PM
    And to be frank, ripped off at the dollar-pound 1:1 conversion rate in the app world. I love the playbook but Its beyond cheeky when the apps are 60% more for uk users.
    04-03-12 03:40 PM
    Yeah I did notice that the conversion is all out of whack.

I only want to buy the app files and folders after using the trial for a couple of days.
    04-03-12 03:43 PM
    iam sure in the uk you can get like a virtual creditcard and use like paypoint services to topup, i seen them around cant remember what places do it just google virtual visas in the uk, so any time you want an app or just load in some spare cash you could link it to your account in app world

just another idea than using paypal
    04-03-12 03:54 PM
    Yeah, it's a bit ridiculous the prices. �5 for Angry Birds?!? (That's about $8 for you Americans. As a reference, the Angry Birds games are �0.69 on iOS and the premium no-ad versions on Android are something like �0.63)
    04-03-12 03:54 PM
    My appworld charges direct to my vodafone (uk obviously!) account, you might be able to bill it that way but not sure if you'd need to set it up via phone to do it as i can't remember if i needed to enter separate billing info on the PB or not
    Last edited by tms22; 04-03-12 at 04:23 PM.
    04-03-12 04:21 PM
    Can't you just open a PayPal account?
    04-03-12 05:07 PM
    I have a Paypal account for almost 7 years now but I don't like it a bit: I got a lot of security questions almost at every transfer I try to make.

I'm now using a prepaid MasterCard from Netteller.

It works perfectly and I can transfer money to the account in a flash!
    Netteller is asking a lot of information from you before you get the card, but when it's all good, they don't bother you further like Paypal does.
    04-03-12 05:33 PM
    I have a Paypal account for almost 7 years now but I don't like it a bit: I got a lot of security questions almost at every transfer I try to make.
    Yeah, those idiots trying to stop your money being stolen. How dare they?

Sarcasm aside, you do realise that this is the reason there are security questions, right? Y'know, to proivde security and stop your money being stolen.
    04-04-12 10:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD