It remains interesting how my fellow PBers continue to churp about the limited apps available for the PB.

Ironically we discuss this on BBM!

In a nut shell - four of us are discussing and comparing the PB to the Ipad.

Three of us have PBs.

Two of them complain about apps.

The 'full newspaper sized' tablet user (had to get my digs in!) subscribes to magazines and news service and is happy with both the service - and Ipad.

Conversely the PBers in this discussion do not subscribe or pay for apps. Go figure!

Unless we pay for something one should not complain.

I for one will buy and app or two to improve my experience.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-10-12 11:35 AM
    Yep I totally agree with you. Another thing I've noticed is that the developers are releasing free apps with "in app payment" & "Ads" this is definitely a smart move.
    06-10-12 12:15 PM
    I buy apps for my Playbook from the limited selection there is. Its like Netflixs. You can stream and watch all of the media you want, but there is not that big a library to choose from. I'm all for supporting the Playbook whenever I can, but its a two way street. Developers have to produce more quality apps and not just 10,000 varities of tic tac toe either. I bet that's the most common game on here....
    KOOLWATER and erhan8 like this.
    06-10-12 12:30 PM
    Indeed. Don't be cheap.
    BB_makes_it_happen likes this.
    06-10-12 03:45 PM
    I've bought apps just because the dev was friendly and active on CB
    velociraptor89 likes this.
    06-10-12 04:42 PM
    I really wish I had the time to develop. There are so many apps that I have ideas for that aren't in app world. You would think devs would be excited about PlayBook and BB10 and the lack of apps because the platform is wide open for them.
    06-10-12 07:32 PM
    on behalf of developers everywhere, thank you for those who support the ecosystem by providing us food on the table (well for me its more like app purchasing money which i reuse to grow the app-conomy :P...) As a pb user thanks you devs for making great apps, we look forward to more greatness in the coming days ahead =).
    06-10-12 09:22 PM
    on behalf of developers everywhere, thank you for those who support the ecosystem by providing us food on the table (well for me its more like app purchasing money which i reuse to grow the app-conomy :P...) As a pb user thanks you devs for making great apps, we look forward to more greatness in the coming days ahead =).

Ignites,

Have you tried using Context Cube 3D yet? I've released the app for free and I wrote about it on the forums too. My hope was to get some feedback from fellow members like yourself so that I can genuinely improve the app and THEN put it up for sale as opposed to taking your money first and then giving you false promises of countless updates.

So far... Ive had a good amount of downloads - but I'm struggling to get feedback from all the users here

I've even reached out to Kevin and Bla1ze to atleast try our app.....but since I havent heard anything... I'm guessing something's wrong..... just not sure what
    06-10-12 09:37 PM
    It remains interesting how my fellow PBers continue to churp about the limited apps available for the PB.

Ironically we discuss this on BBM!

In a nut shell - four of us are discussing and comparing the PB to the Ipad.

Three of us have PBs.

Two of them complain about apps.

The 'full newspaper sized' tablet user (had to get my digs in!) subscribes to magazines and news service and is happy with both the service - and Ipad.

Conversely the PBers in this discussion do not subscribe or pay for apps. Go figure!

Unless we pay for something one should not complain.

I for one will buy and app or two to improve my experience.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Would you pls try the new update for Context cube 3D and let me know if it improved your experience as a PlayBook user

Founder - AppBind/Context Cube 3D
    06-10-12 09:39 PM
    Would you pls try the new update for Context cube 3D and let me know if it improved your experience as a PlayBook user

Thanks for introducing me to this product. Nice interface. Although I am not much of a social networker I can imagine it would be useful to have all links in one location. As per the other cubes - customizing a face to a news source (eg) of choice would be useful.

The intent of my initial post is to press upon the free app users that some support would surely (I presume) be appreciated. I do have some apps which solicit payment - albeit I have not acted on these requests - because I am not sure how to do this in a manner which makes me feel comfortable.

In the Apple world I can walk into any store and purchase a card and comfortably enter the code (into my boy's ipod - for example) - saving me having to potentially broadcast my personnel information on the 'web'.

For me to feel comfortable presumably a gift credit card should suffice. Again this is my personal feeling (when using the internet).
    Last edited by BB_makes_it_happen; 06-10-12 at 11:00 PM.
    06-10-12 10:46 PM
    Ive spent over 300 dollars on apps since i got my playbook.
    Sucroid likes this.
    06-11-12 12:15 AM

About to try your app...

OP I appreciate what you're trying to do and I too am not comfortable with the current payment options. We are exploring the option of prepaid bank cards to buy apps.

Also I will not support "Nag Ware" apps that interrupt use or game play to remind me to buy the full version. If you want to remind me to buy do it in the menus and on exit.

Thanks for your post.
    06-11-12 12:17 AM
    I've bought apps just because the dev was friendly and active on CB
    all developers need to be on forums like this (we are) - we did our first game (Cronk) and we got some small publicity but we are really doing a trial run for our big game (Caveman HD) which everyone will want to have :P heh.
    06-11-12 04:21 AM
    I really wish I had the time to develop. There are so many apps that I have ideas for that aren't in app world. You would think devs would be excited about PlayBook and BB10 and the lack of apps because the platform is wide open for them.
    We do accept suggestions for apps that are in line with our mission. PM us if you would like to see a certain app and we will see what we can do.
    06-11-12 05:48 AM
    I would if there was something worth buying. I have bought about all I am likely to until real developers step up and start producing something other than comic books, romance sex novels, audio books, and all the other assorted junk. That is a single app with just different content. I want productivity apps. Better MS Office apps. Skype would be nice and don't come back and tell of alternatives I could use. I can't talk everyone that I Skype with to switch to something else. I don't even need video! Would also like GotoMeeting, or WebEx though we mostly use GoToMeeting in my company. A better Acrobat reader. Give me better tools and I can leave my laptop behind. As for book reading I'll stick with my e-Ink nook for extended periods of reading it's easier on the eyes.

I am willing to pay well for excellent applications. Streets and trips on my laptop costs about $40.00. MS Office is $149.00 for the home version. So $5.00.to $20.00 for a tablet application I won't even blink about purchasing if it provides what I need.
    06-11-12 10:45 AM
    I would love to get a true work journal app for cross fit. I don't need timers or any of those bells, just need something to record Personal best and add routines outside of the named workouts.

Right now I use dairy pro to keep track of all of it with pictures and my notes but would love something simpler! I am so desperate, i have started to look into learning programing to make this, knowing it will be huge.
    06-11-12 10:55 AM
    We do accept suggestions for apps that are in line with our mission. PM us if you would like to see a certain app and we will see what we can do.
    Maybe we should start a thread where people can let everyone know what their most requested apps would be - I don't know if one exists. Several devs hang around here and I, for one, would like to start something.
    Zildjian71 likes this.
    06-11-12 01:16 PM
    Maybe we should start a thread where people can let everyone know what their most requested apps would be - I don't know if one exists. Several devs hang around here and I, for one, would like to start something.
    Good idea! A sticky thread titled "App request" / "App wanted" would be nice. That way, developers can see what sort of apps the CB members are interested in BUYING.
    06-11-12 04:44 PM
    Yes Yes Yes.
    06-11-12 11:58 PM
    Yes Yes Yes.
    i tired a few times already.. the threads are all long dead now =(. More people like to complain than provide constructive criticism/ideas.
    06-12-12 12:20 AM
    i tired a few times already.. the threads are all long dead now =(. More people like to complain than provide constructive criticism/ideas.
    Oops... doesn't sound like such a good idea now. I think I'll try anyway, although hopefully certain people won't turn it into a flame war.

Edit: done.
    Last edited by MasterOfBinary; 06-12-12 at 01:13 AM.
    06-12-12 01:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD