https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...busybox&rdot=1

Is there away to make this work on the PlayBook? I have the ghost commander and it is also android make it does work for the most part but the commands u want to use you can't with out the Busybox.

And do you want this to.http://www.filecrop.com/busybox-apk.html
    Last edited by let_it_go7; 05-08-12 at 11:01 AM.
    05-08-12 10:47 AM
    Why don't you use the native QNX shell rather than an Android one?
    I use a Konsole port that works quite well.
    05-08-12 11:56 AM
    I am a noobi and have no idea what you just said. Where is this QNX? And what and where is this konsole? What does it do and does it cost.?

Also I don't have a pc or smart phone just the PlayBook
    Last edited by let_it_go7; 05-08-12 at 12:09 PM. Reason: More info
    05-08-12 12:05 PM
    So is this doable at all? Yes, I know what Konsole is, and I even know what QNX is, but I'm still in the dark as to where to find a Konsole port that works on the Playbook. (EDIT: It's over here.)

I'm specifically looking for Busybox because I need netcat.

EDIT: And Konsole does not seem to have netcat.
    Last edited by Jorpho; 07-07-13 at 04:09 PM.
    07-07-13 03:35 PM
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...busybox&rdot=1

Is there away to make this work on the PlayBook? I have the ghost commander and it is also android make it does work for the most part but the commands u want to use you can't with out the Busybox.

And do you want this to.Busybox Apk - Download
    busybox is embedded swiss army knife. you can make it yourself. and qnx is already *nix why you need busybox. and busybox is for embedded devices like modems and routers. IMHO.
    i dont understand the purpose of busybox. and busybox is for Linux why on earth would you require busybox for midnight commander or ghost commander? care to explain why.
    and busybox will not run on playbook. its invoked by the kernel and the kernel here is not monolithic kernel like linux but microkernel aka mach like in BSD. your demand like busybox absolutely makes no sense to me.

i am not rude i offer real facts. and busybox sometime executes low level system calls like firmware write to flash via mtd command.
    i wouldnt waste a minute on busybox. and mach is like busybox. totally baseless demand.
    thanks!
    -paul
    07-09-13 11:59 AM
    As I said, BusyBox includes the Netcat utility, which does not appear to be included on the Playbook by default. For a minute there, it seemed that the easiest way to get some version of netcat was to use BusyBox, but clearly I was gravely mistaken in that regard and should not have approached the problem that way. Thank you for your thorough explanation.

It turns out it is possible to duplicate the functionality of Netcat using the version of Python 3.2 included on the Playbook � or at least it would be, but it seems that even non-privileged ports are blocked.

[P.S. For those looking for Konsole, it's in Appworld as "BG Shell". Don't forget to include the space!]
    07-09-13 02:01 PM
    As I said, BusyBox includes the Netcat utility, which does not appear to be included on the Playbook by default. For a minute there, it seemed that the easiest way to get some version of netcat was to use BusyBox, but clearly I was gravely mistaken in that regard and should not have approached the problem that way. Thank you for your thorough explanation.

It turns out it is possible to duplicate the functionality of Netcat using the version of Python 3.2 included on the Playbook – or at least it would be, but it seems that even non-privileged ports are blocked.

[P.S. For those looking for Konsole, it's in Appworld as "BG Shell". Don't forget to include the space!]
    agreed. but one thing you can do. you can download the compiler tools. and then carry on from there? blackberry dev tools, then get the source tarball and then compile. you are looking for a reverse ssh? normally i would use nc for reverse ssh. i am not sure though what you wish to do.
    thanks!
    -paul
    07-09-13 02:04 PM
    I'm doing some primitive networking that only requires listening on a port and saving the raw incoming data to a file.

Even if I get the netcat source and somehow persuade it to compile, it still won't be able to listen on an arbitrary, non-privileged port (e.g. 50007 or whatever) if I run it from BG Shell, will it?
    07-09-13 04:03 PM
    I'm doing some primitive networking that only requires listening on a port and saving the raw incoming data to a file.

Even if I get the netcat source and somehow persuade it to compile, it still won't be able to listen on an arbitrary, non-privileged port (e.g. 50007 or whatever) if I run it from BG Shell, will it?
    san/nas? 50007 is for san/nas i mean xsan in apple and its dynamic and/or private ports in IANA. and to the best of my knowledge 1-1024, even 0-1024, but 0 is for trojans or some itunes apps run on that port. other ports should run fine IMHO. whats the result? debug logs?
    about BG Shell no idea.
    my 3 rd playbook is bricked, i passed wrong voltage so i need to jtag is to revive. and other 2 playbooks i locked them up and gave keys to dad, so that i dont brick them. i have the habit of going over board and killing the device and then break my head trying to fix it.
    i am sorry. i dont have a clue of what you are doing. and secondly IIRC and IMHO if its port 1-1024 and or 0-1024 needs root, but 50007? needing root, unheard of!
    i am off to sleep. its almost 3 am. and i need to get up my 9 am india standard time.
    see ya and debug later!
    thanks!
    -paul
    07-09-13 04:16 PM
    i am sorry. i dont have a clue of what you are doing. and secondly IIRC and IMHO if its port 1-1024 and or 0-1024 needs root, but 50007? needing root, unheard of!
    So you're saying I should be able to run an application in BG Shell that opens up any port higher than 1024, without something in the Playbook stopping me?

In that case I'm clearly doing something wrong in Python. Oh well.
    07-09-13 04:29 PM
    So you're saying I should be able to run an application in BG Shell that opens up any port higher than 1024, without something in the Playbook stopping me?

In that case I'm clearly doing something wrong in Python. Oh well.
    "So you're saying I should be able to run an application in BG Shell that opens up any port higher than 1024, without something in the Playbook stopping me?"
    unless the process requires/needs root previleges. if its so then you will need root access else no.
    its you want to run a demon or something which needs to run as wheel then yes. else it should work just fine.
    regarding python. no idea. i am yet to learn python well.....
    and thanks for giving the idea. i am spending time jtagging and posting here, irrationally, i can learn python instead of irrational posts.
    thanks!
    -paul
    having said that its 03:17 hours. i need to hit sack asap. next discussion when i wake up. thanks!
    07-09-13 04:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD