Will we see any mapping apps that are geared more to commercial users? I need an application where I can import XLS spreadsheets of addresses and have them plotted on the maps for delivery routes.

Microsoft Streets and Trips can do this, I was thinking of picking up an Acer W500 refurb tablet with Win7 for $450. Hopefully my $500 PlayBook will soon have this capability...
    06-21-12 01:30 PM
    $450 seems high for a refurb.
    06-21-12 08:03 PM
    Magellan Compass (Offline navigation) is the best navigation APP we have so far ... If you do have a data plan, than you should checkout the Android Google Maps !
    06-22-12 12:02 AM
    $450 seems high for a refurb.
    I think that's what Future Shop wants for them. $599 new.

Magellan Compass (Offline navigation) is the best navigation APP we have so far ... If you do have a data plan, than you should checkout the Android Google Maps !
    I need to be able to import addresses (and other data) from an XLS spreadsheet, have those addresses plotted and then be able to save that map with those plotted addresses. Microsoft Streets and Trips does this and I'm not aware of any others that do.
    06-22-12 03:27 AM
    I need to be able to import addresses (and other data) from an XLS spreadsheet, have those addresses plotted and then be able to save that map with those plotted addresses. Microsoft Streets and Trips does this and I'm not aware of any others that do.
    I thought it was possible, not sure ! Maybe you should checkout their website, or use the 7-day trail in the appworld
    06-22-12 04:22 AM
    I actually bought it (back when I was silly enough to think I was buying a Magellan product). There's an "Import" button but it never seems to be active.

I admit that I do have pretty specific requirements for the app, and so far S&T is the only one that comes close.
    06-22-12 12:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD