Afternoon guys,

Just done a quick (but not exhaustive) trawl through some of the threads on here � hope no one minds me asking the following:

I bought a playbook about a week ago as I wanted to start using it as a semi-replacement for my laptop; in short I only use a couple of forms (Excel and Word) to run my business together with one editable PDF. I could visit with a client, do the business that I need to do, draw up the forms while I�m on-site and get them signed by the client there and then. This would save me a huge amount on travelling/petrol/time etc as I would need to make one or two visits to a customer site rather than 3 or 4 visits�

I can obviously edit Word and Excel documents and I can save them with the file manager app that I have downloaded. The two things that I have a problem on and, obviously need advice on, are:

1. Does anyone know of an app that can be downloaded to the PlayBook that allows me to open editable PDF�s make the changes that I want to make and save them as fresh/different names which I can then share with my customers�??
    2. Does anyone know if there are any printing apps for PlayBook � i.e. so that I can print off a document for a customer to sign/use�?

Any help would be gratefully received.

Superb forum � full of brilliant advice and tips�

Osh
    10-24-11 07:44 AM
    Afternoon guys,

1. Does anyone know of an app that can be downloaded to the PlayBook that allows me to open editable PDF’s make the changes that I want to make and save them as fresh/different names which I can then share with my customers…??
    2. Does anyone know if there are any printing apps for PlayBook – i.e. so that I can print off a document for a customer to sign/use…?

Any help would be gratefully received.

Superb forum – full of brilliant advice and tips…

Osh
    1. No nothing is available right now to edit PDFs. We are hoping the OS2.0 brings an app to do that.
    2. There are some apps that you can download and go around a long way to print from your PB- it needs an wireless HP printer. Also some printers that can let you print through a browser (when you input the printers IP address- it links to the printers homepage- lets you print)..... so in a nutshell- No we don't have an easy direct app to print from a PB. (there are some threads here at CB that discuss these issues, search for them).

-Good luck !!
    Last edited by anindoc; 10-24-11 at 02:14 PM.
    10-24-11 12:39 PM
    Cheers Anindoc - your a star. Much appreciated

Osh
    10-24-11 12:50 PM
    Why not email the documents instead of printing them?
    10-24-11 12:55 PM
    Hi jqintana83,

that's one option but i'd then need to start-up/use another device/machine to be able to print stuff off. I know its a work around but not perfect solution...

The more important thing to me is to be able to manipulate editable PDF's if possible...

Regards

Osh
    10-26-11 06:35 AM
    This is the type of thread I would not have intervened in, in the past. Do NOT count on anything coming to address your needs. If the pb does not now do it, do not buy it.
    10-26-11 02:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD