Ok so I just hooked up a BB Curve with Sprint in order to use Bridge. It's working but a whole bunch of things are quite different than I expected. Maybe someone can explain. I have never had a BB phone so it's probably just me.

1: I hooked up my own email through IMAP. I only see NEW messages, from after I activated my account on the phone not the ones that were already there and more important: I can't see the folders on my IMAP account! What the ****? Can this be fixed somehow?

2: MemoPad and Tasks report that there's no MemoPad/Tasks services on the device with a link that goes to a blank screen saying 'Not Found'. How do I get this stuff to work?
    04-24-11 12:58 AM
    Nobody????
    04-24-11 11:41 AM
    Hey Marco,

1. Yeah, email messages only show the New Messages that come in after you set up your email on your BB Curve. I don't think you can see the folders through your email setup on the BB.

If you have a Gmail account setup on your Curve, there is also a Gmail Mobile app you can install from Google Mobile site. This app will let you see your folders within Gmail.

There may be one for Yahoo, but I'm not certain...

2. I don't have my PlayBook yet so I can't answer this one... But my guess is that you need to have some Memos and Tasks on your BB Curve already. Then when you Bridge from the PlayBook you can have access to view your Memos and Tasks stored on your Curve on the screen of the PB.
    04-24-11 07:14 PM
    Thanks mister_turtle!

I can't help but think this is really limiting. Is this the mighty BlackBerry email experience? If this is the case I'll still NEED a standalone IMAP email client even though I have the 'full experience' with Bridge and everything.

Rather disappointing really...
    04-24-11 07:19 PM
    lol yes BIS only will show emails AFTER you set the device up. This is why activesync/exchange is a much better experience because it can sync all of you contacts/calendar/ALL email. BES does have 2 way sync but the "consumer" cant get that and it costs more

Android and iOS both support it and have it available on all of there devices. This is why many people are finding a better email experience on these devices. There is also no truncation and you have access to all of your folders also.
    Last edited by howarmat; 04-24-11 at 07:29 PM.
    04-24-11 07:27 PM
    Wow that blows.

Well... Go! Go! Go! and all sorts of other cheers to those who are building an IMAP email client. I'm buying it!

I gotta look into the BES thing for my work email though. I'm pretty sure we have a BES server. Going to ask IT tomorrow.
    04-25-11 12:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD