Modern combat has left handed controls! Nice to think about us lefties! . I hope dead space update their control options to support leftiesss!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-11 04:15 PM
    Modern Combat is awesome.

Controls will take some getting used to obviously.

Only problem I seem to be having is moving my thumb over the grenade icon which stops me from moving and I end up dead.

Maybe they'll re-position it in an update

10-12-11 06:20 PM
    there is also a left-handed switch on NOVA..

I don't know about modern combat, but I think NOVA is better than dead-space. I find the controls and the 3rd person view in dead space hard to use. The story is nice though, it will keep you on your toes the whole time you're playing it...
    10-12-11 06:38 PM
    Check iPad prices, not iPhone. It's a tablet remember.

N.O.V.A. 2 - Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance HD for iPad on the iTunes App Store
    Buy N.O.V.A. 2 HD - Download N.O.V.A. 2 HD - Buy Games from BlackBerry App World

They are US$7 on iPad and US$7 on Playbook.
    No price conspiracy.
    Modern Combat 2 is $0.99 on iTunes and on the PlayBook its $8.50. Australian Store, not BS'ing!
    10-12-11 08:53 PM
    one question. on multiplayer mode, can we play without the wifi turn on?
    10-12-11 09:30 PM
    Modern Combat 2 is $0.99 on iTunes and on the PlayBook its $8.50. Australian Store, not BS'ing!
    They are time-limited specials, come back a month later and it will be back at the regular price.

EA had a special on "Dead Space HD" for the ipad for 99 cents US in April. If you buy the game today in the itunes store, it's $9.99 US.

EA Launches New 99-cent App Sale, Dead Space Included! | Mac|Life
    10-12-11 09:44 PM
    there is also a left-handed switch on NOVA..

I don't know about modern combat, but I think NOVA is better than dead-space. I find the controls and the 3rd person view in dead space hard to use. The story is nice though, it will keep you on your toes the whole time you're playing it...
    i'll echo this comment except for modern combat. i do not like the 3rd person view in dead space and it gets me killed when i can't really see what is going on.

now i need to get back to playing modern combat. that game rocks!!!
    10-13-11 09:32 PM
    If you know any PB users on MC2 you can play multiplayer with the the video chat...obviously just audio. Had a nice little game with my brother and its cool hearing him get annoyed I killed him so often! Guess this could be used on all games really.

Not sure many other tablets multi task as well as this!
    10-14-11 04:45 PM
    Modern Combat is awesome.

Controls will take some getting used to obviously.

Only problem I seem to be having is moving my thumb over the grenade icon which stops me from moving and I end up dead.

Maybe they'll re-position it in an update

In the config screen for NOVA 2 HD there is an option that lets you slide the controls around on the screen to where you like them. Does Modern Combat not give you that option?
    10-14-11 06:42 PM
    In the config screen for NOVA 2 HD there is an option that lets you slide the controls around on the screen to where you like them. Does Modern Combat not give you that option?
    Where is this option?
    10-14-11 07:07 PM
    It is on the "Controls" screen.. Bottom button. Very handy!

10-14-11 11:21 PM
    gameloft please make some rpgs or something close too it please and thanks! (wishful thinking!)
    10-14-11 11:43 PM
    It is on the "Controls" screen.. Bottom button. Very handy!

Just realised you have to be actually playing to do that, not just on the menu. Very helpful though, thanks.

And MC2 has the same option.
    10-15-11 06:44 AM
    So how is modern combat 2?
    10-15-11 07:18 AM
    Pardon my ignorance, but are these new games by GameLoft built with the NDK?
    10-15-11 08:46 AM
    Yes, I believe they must be.

10-15-11 09:25 AM
    GameLoft Rocks! Thank you for bringing these great games to Playbook. I'm starting to think I should have gone with the 64GB pb. 32 is filling up fast with all these great games. Keep up the good work can't wait to buy more. Is it a bad think I called out sick to play games on my playbook?

10-15-11 09:42 AM
    I'm a little frustrated that MC2 keeps crashing during multi-player. Pretty much when going into the armory or in between maps. Anyone else have this problem? Some reviews indicate it.
    10-15-11 10:35 AM
    would be nice if they released an update that fixed the problem. I wonder has anyone been able to make an account and play adrenaline hd online? I keep getting errors when trying to create an account
    10-15-11 06:03 PM
    Yes, I believe they must be.

Thank you for your response mate! Can anyone else confirm that these games are actually written using the NDK?
    Last edited by bounce007; 10-16-11 at 07:01 AM. Reason: Grammar
    10-15-11 07:18 PM
    one question. on multiplayer mode, can we play without the wifi turn on?
    no, you need wifi for multiplayer mode.
    10-26-11 06:14 PM
    I wonder how multiplayer works, does it have to connect to the internet or could the playbook host its own game with wifi..
    Multiplayer NOVA i can vouche for... its awesome.... and the interface for finding online games or making them is easy, simple.....Get the game and lets all meet online and have a deathmatch!
    10-26-11 08:16 PM
72 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD