i just installed modern combat 2 and it installed fine but when i play online sometimes it lags and shut down(close)anyone has the same experience?
    10-11-11 11:01 PM
    Note to all developers: LET US TRY BEFORE WE BUY, otherwise put video demos up so that we can see the actual app experience or gameplay before users drop their hard-earned cash. At the end of the day, a user who feels deceived or uninformed is going to leave a negative review which will hurt sales in the longrun. It's just smart business!
    Video Demo of Modern Warfare Here:
    Quick Look: Modern Combat 2: Black Pegasus for BlackBerry PlayBook | N4BB - News for BlackBerry - leaks, rumors, videos, faqs, reviews
    10-11-11 11:03 PM
    Will multiplayer work cross-platform? My kids both have MC2 and NOVA 2 on their iPods. Could I join a game with them if i purchased on my PB?
    10-11-11 11:28 PM
    Will multiplayer work cross-platform? My kids both have MC2 and NOVA 2 on their iPods. Could I join a game with them if i purchased on my PB?
    yes.when i played multiplayer theres a lot of people so i think its cross flatform.
    10-11-11 11:54 PM
    I just got Uno HD. To give it a review, I will quote the words from the world's most intelligent philosopher, Homer Simpson, "Woohoo!"

Love it.

Edit:

I do hope Gameloft rectifies their website soon though; I find it funny that when you click on "More Games" from the Main Menu in Uno; it tries to open the Web Browser to which you receive an error messaging saying that "Sorry, we dont have games for your phone yet, please come back soon. Your model: Blackberry Playbook"
    Last edited by Darlaten; 10-12-11 at 12:28 AM.
    10-12-11 12:21 AM
    i just installed modern combat 2 and it installed fine but when i play online sometimes it lags and shut down(close)anyone has the same experience?
    i noticed my browser was shutting down after opening few tabs recently...

i downloaded many movies onto my 64 gb PB around 30-35 gigs...so i deleted a couple of movies and the browser is fine now..

i believe the crashing comes generally from having many apps open while having loads of heavy apps/movies on your PB..
    10-12-11 05:27 AM
    I have just downloaded N.O.V.A 2, it's so cool, graphics are great, controls are nice (better and more responsive than dead space and you can shoot while moving your pointer - imagine rambo 4 massacre scene)

and here is a screenshot of the game..
    10-12-11 06:24 AM
    These Games are 0.99 on itunes, 8.50 on playbook... Australian store, just checked. Amazing!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    rowell.reyes likes this.
    10-12-11 06:32 AM
    These Games are 0.99 on itunes, 8.50 on playbook... Australian store, just checked. Amazing!

Check iPad prices, not iPhone. It's a tablet remember.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/n.o.v...mt=8&at=10l3Vy
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst.../60775?lang=en

They are US$7 on iPad and US$7 on Playbook.
    No price conspiracy.
    10-12-11 06:39 AM
    so looks like all this game are not meant for multitasking.
    bek816 likes this.
    10-12-11 07:02 AM

I was playing real soccer with two browser tabs open and bridge email open and had no problems. Not like they were doing much in the background, but its not like you have to close everything to make that game work.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    10-12-11 07:13 AM
    I think it's fine as long as you don't try to multi-task more than one game while you do other stuff.
    I think the games are optimised to use 100% of your Playbook. That's what you want right?
    One game with some browser windows and bridging is fine.
    10-12-11 09:14 AM

As someone else mentioned, you need to compare with iPad prices.

Also, Gameloft and EA both often have sales (at least for iPhone/iPad, hopefully they do the same for PB), so if you can wait, there's a chance you'll be able to get these at some point for cheap. I got a good number of iPad games for $0.99 (actually, recently got Tiger Woods for iPad for free), I'd expect next sale during upcoming US Thanksgiving.
    10-12-11 09:48 AM
    i also checked these games in itunes (for ipad) and most of these games are available for just .99 except the nova 2.
    10-12-11 10:10 AM

Who would multitask and play anyways?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-12-11 10:23 AM
    Downloaded modern combat right before bed last night. It was a bad idea cuz it kept me up so late. It's a pretty fun game. And I haven't even tried multiplayer yet. I'm glad to see that the playbook is not irrelevant to some of these developers. And it's crazy to see what this thing can do. Now if only hulu and netflix would pull their heads out.
    10-12-11 10:53 AM
    Downloaded modern combat right before bed last night. It was a bad idea cuz it kept me up so late. It's a pretty fun game. And I haven't even tried multiplayer yet. I'm glad to see that the playbook is not irrelevant to some of these developers. And it's crazy to see what this thing can do. Now if only hulu and netflix would pull their heads out.
    Please try multiplayer because I'm having issue of ramdom closing.btw multipalyer rocks because its multi-platform so a bunch of android and iOS playing against you and actually a lot of cheaters in their too.you'll see

10-12-11 11:44 AM
    Downloaded Modern Combat 2.

Quick review: fun game with great graphics, controls need some getting used to...so far works great no glitches/crashes. This is worth the price.

PB can handle games just fine, too bad there aren't as much support for it but given recent events and pending OS2 I have high hopes good things will come.

10-12-11 11:58 AM
    Just downloading Modern Combat. Will probably buy Asphalt at some point too.

10-12-11 12:16 PM
    i also checked these games in itunes (for ipad) and most of these games are available for just .99 except the nova 2.
    For the US itunes store,

Modern Combat 2: Black Pegasus HD $6.99
    StarFront: Collision HD $6.99
    N.O.V.A. 2 - Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance HD $6.99
    Real Soccer 2011 HD $4.99

They run specials on Asphalt and Uno for 99 cents each on the itunes store --- and it's a limited time offer --- they go back up to $6.99 in a few weeks.

Even "Dead Space" had a special for 99 cents on the ipad a few months ago in the US itunes store --- but if you buy the game now in the US itunes store, it's $9.99.
    10-12-11 01:00 PM
    I'm trying to decide on one FPS game, between Modern Combat, Nova 2, and Dead Space. Which one is best? Since I'm choosing one, it'd be nice to have it be a longer game, or have multiplayer (as well as smooth game play/good graphics).

Thanks!
    10-12-11 02:06 PM
    I'm trying to decide on one FPS game, between Modern Combat, Nova 2, and Dead Space. Which one is best? Since I'm choosing one, it'd be nice to have it be a longer game, or have multiplayer (as well as smooth game play/good graphics).

Thanks!
    I'm wondering the same though just between Nova and Modern Combat.

I can tell you that Dead Space has no multiplayer, and it's more of a horror fps (all based on atmosphere, which is very well done) as opposed to MC2 and Nova2 which look more to be your straight up FPS.

I actually thought MC2 looked a bit rough at first, but then watched a video and it looked good, so I've no idea which one to get.
    10-12-11 02:24 PM
    Modern Combat WOW! The Graphics and game play are exciting. Fluid
    , no lag, response is intense. I will need to learn some serious control. Large download at 400mb. worth every penny. Can't put it down.
    10-12-11 03:09 PM
    IF anyone has purchased Uno HD, can you check something on your version - does reducing the volume of the "music" and the "effects" (not sure if that's the actual name of it) do anything? You find these in the options menu.

For me, if I reduce the music and effects to zero, there is no adjustment to the actual sound. I thought I'd check to see if anyone else has noticed this before I write to Gameloft and inform them about it.

Thanks
    10-12-11 03:32 PM
    Shall I admit my game-playing prowess is such that I had to look up fps - first-person shooter!
    10-12-11 04:04 PM
72 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD