Is it possible to build PlayBook apps (and BB10 for that matter) on Eclipse? This would be much simpler for me as it's where I do my Android developing as well.

Also, the app I'm designing is to be an app equivelant to my organization's website, right now everything in it is stored offline, and so I would have to update it anytime there is much more information. Obviously it would be ideal to have instead an app that would retrieve all this data online, I assume the way to accomplish this would be an HTML app? If so, could someone point me toward some good beginners info in this area?
    06-13-12 07:00 PM
    Hi zethaaron,

Absolutely you can use Eclipse to develop apps for PB and BB10 using the WebWorks (HTML5/JS) framework.

The best place to start:
    https://developer.blackberry.com/html5/
    If you have more detailed questions, RIM maintains a good forum here:
    Web and WebWorks Development - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

Cheers,
    Superfly_FR and zethaaron like this.
    06-14-12 08:03 AM
    Thanks a lot, this should really improve productivity!
    06-14-12 09:44 AM
    In fact, both Flash Builder (for AIR apps) and Momentics (for C/C++) are Eclipse environments, so you'll feel right at home. FB can even be added to an extisting Eclipse install.
    06-16-12 03:33 AM
    What emulator (if any) is used for this?
    06-16-12 05:49 AM
    What emulator (if any) is used for this?
    For BB10, Ripple comes as a Chrome extension. Pretty smart to use as it allows to test multiple devices visually. It also enables on the fly build (package/sign).

For Eclipse, since I'm webworks, I wonder if we could get some kind of dictionary to extend (Aptana) markup validation/suggestions, for CSS, JS and HTML files ... would be great !
    06-16-12 07:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD