Hi everyone,

I was hoping that you could help me out here. I'm looking at maybe building an app for blackberry. I wanted to know if there are any charges involved in getting these onto the blackberry OS. Are there any good programs I should use to build it with and are there any good instructional videos on how to properly write a code for a blackberry app.

Thanks
    11-01-11 12:28 PM
    Hi everyone,

I was hoping that you could help me out here. I'm looking at maybe building an app for blackberry. I wanted to know if there are any charges involved in getting these onto the blackberry OS. Are there any good programs I should use to build it with and are there any good instructional videos on how to properly write a code for a blackberry app.

Thanks
    There used to be a $200 charge. But you will be pleased to know that there are absolutely no barriers - monetary or otherwise - in the way of getting started today.

There is lots of information on RIM website. Here is a link to the vibrant developer community support forums:

Developer Support Forums - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    KermEd and kbz1960 like this.
    11-01-11 12:54 PM
    and before I forget, lots of resources abound. But you can start with Flash Builder and try two of the apps I posted source code for:

New to Adobe AIR or AS3? Here’s Two Sourcode Sets to get Started With | File Archive Haven
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-02-11 07:56 PM
    You'll also want to first decide what tools to build your apps with.

Current BB phones are java and these are not compatible with the PlayBook.
    Air is only for the PlayBook at the moment, but it's expected to be compatible with upcoming BBX phones.
    From DEVCON, there seems to be a big push towards HTML5 as the solution for forward and backward compatibility, so it may be a good bet.
    11-02-11 08:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD