Has anyone else tried this game? I bought it at 0.99usd yesterday. It is quite adddictive!

I cant seem to get past level 8!!
    06-02-11 08:45 PM
    Love this game, but cannot get past lvl 8 also. any ideas???
    06-03-11 12:09 AM
    first upgrade: power
    second: speed

should sort you out. i did speed first, couldnt get past 8. retried the other way, was much easier.
    Slouchy likes this.
    06-03-11 05:46 AM
    thx. will try it out now.
    06-03-11 06:17 AM
    anyone want to make a demo video of this game and put it on youtube so we can see what it is? (maybe there already is, but I didnt see one.)
    06-03-11 09:56 PM
    even with the stron baby bee, I am still having no luck winning level 8, what is the strategy??? sit and wait or try to out run them??? enemies start with 40 units each and i get just simply overrun by enemies, and if i try to sit and wait trying to get more units they still multiply faster and it ends up the same...
    06-03-11 09:57 PM
    hi Tshanda

you gotta take either one of the shooter towers first. (the one with less enemies).and then u go for one of the enemies spawn, whilst giving up your original spawn (worst starting position in the game). hope this helps.
    06-04-11 01:43 AM
    here are some pictures.
    Attachment 87834

Attachment 87833
    06-04-11 01:47 AM
    cool game we should make a walkthrough lol
    06-05-11 04:43 AM
    first upgrade: power
    second: speed

should sort you out. i did speed first, couldnt get past 8. retried the other way, was much easier.
    how do you upgrade?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-05-11 06:47 AM
    I got past level 8 as Bees by restarting and taking the strength upgrade, and also as Ants with strength - both times, first time through.

Now I'm hoppers and stuck on L8. I took strength and am wondering if this was a mistake. If I lose a couple more times I'll try a restart with speed.
    06-05-11 07:43 AM
    Whoo hoo, finally passed level 8. As said make sure you take the strong upgrade early in the game, rush one of the towers, take the 3 hives on one side, hold the tower on that side, than attack the hives the have taken at the bottom, take the second tower than wipe them out.

06-05-11 08:41 AM
    I have it on the playbook and enjoyed it. It was a little challenging but I picked strength twice and won all the levels. What I can't do is get 5 stars in every level and don't understand how it measures the stars. Some levels are easy to get 5 stars and others seem impossible with no rhyme or reason between the two. I found bees easier than hoppers but haven't tried ants yet.

Fun game.
    06-05-11 07:38 PM
    So how do you beat the roaches on level 13?

06-05-11 08:27 PM
    yah, I'm having hard time defeating this defenders, is speed upgrade useless?
    06-06-11 12:32 AM
    I am not noticing a difference at all using speed vs strength, on level 8. I lose immediately every time.
    06-06-11 12:42 AM
    u just have to do a zerg rush!
    06-06-11 01:19 AM
    yea man. rushing is the only way. dont stay in the shooter tower for long. absorb one wave of attackn rush to one of the spawn with the least army.

i have completed all levels for ants n bees. im stuck at level 8 using hoppers. wonder if hoppers need to upgrade speed instead
    06-06-11 08:58 AM
    Well, I dont know what the deal is. Im not waiting around or anything. I guess Ill keep at it, but honestly, this game is boring me already. Maybe its because im only at level 8, but these levels are just too quick. You can have a decent fight for like 20 seconds, but if you over take one of their spots, its like instantly over. Guess its just not my thing.
    06-06-11 11:37 AM

i have completed all levels for ants n bees. im stuck at level 8 using hoppers. wonder if hoppers need to upgrade speed instead
    me too, see earlier post.
    06-06-11 01:31 PM
    I kind've slid through all the levels as bees with strength and strength again. Not sure if the second strength does anything, but I had few problems winning. I just had a boss level I couldn't get more than one star (14) and a couple levels after that where I couldn't get past 4 stars.

Now with Ant or Hopper I haven't finished all levels. I haven't found a way to beat 8 with Hopper - and for some reason, no matter how many stars I get on previous levels with hopper, it never shows the right number of stars. I just don't get how it decides on stars. I can defeat the opponent in less than a minute and get two stars.

Is there a place that shows how the races differ besides looks? I know there's a general one sentence description, but does it play a factor in the game mechanics?
    06-08-11 03:40 PM
    u just have to do a zerg rush!
    lol, cant really explain it better than that, zerg rush came to my mind too haha
    06-09-11 03:21 AM
    Seriously how do you beat the roaches on level 13?

06-11-11 04:48 PM
    Seriously how do you beat the roaches on level 13?
    Well, with Ants this last time through I just went around the circle on the outside (doesn't seem to matter which way), rush and I beat it in about 40 seconds before my magic is ready to even aid you. Not sure how else to help. Quick rushes seem to work best. I've done the exact same thing in the same time and gotten 5 stars the first time and 2 stars the next time. The star system is glitched.

So, to update, I had no problem defeating all levels with Ants, but had a bigger problem raising stars to 5 than with bees. Level 5 sits at 4 stars in the level select even after winning it with 5 stars. 14 is a problem again and I can't get better than 1 star. 15-19 are all difficult to get higher than 2 stars. A 40 second win doesn't do it. Yet 20-21 are way too easy.

I don't get the stars. It seems glitched for sure - and on some levels it simply won't give you the stars you earned.

I guess it's off to master the hoppers which seems to get stuck at 8, where I found 8 challenging but quite doable with bees and ants for 5 stars.
    06-13-11 12:01 AM
    Yeah I still haven't got anywhere near finishing L8 with hoppers. Driving me mad.
    06-13-11 06:35 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD