I have to admit, although I like that RIM is addressing the issues that it said it would. I'm still not too excited about the recent OS update it really didn't add anything of value (for me anyway) it still hasn't fixed the GPS issue either.

RIM is pushing this as a Professional tablet yet all I hear is the announcement of Angry Birds,Unity gaming and Vevo a music video app WTF?. Who cares. I don't. Where are all the apps that are supposed to make my life easier and mobile as a professional.

Things like:

Full featured pdf viewer
    .dwg viewer with markup capability
    MS Project Viewer
    VNC Viewer

Just to name a few. I don't need another clock app or another calculator app. I certainly don't need any more games. Where are all the app releases that have some actual productivity attached to them. It would be nice to know if any developers are even working on these types of apps. I found one company who looked as though they had something interesting going on prognex.com but it seems that they are flapping in the wind, their email address gets returned as undeliverable.

I hope we start to hear more announcements with some professional substance soon. All these other apps are nice and flashy gadgets but they don't do anything for the business world.

My $.02
    05-03-11 02:17 PM
    I'll add my $.05 mine as well...

I do see where the AiFlex Telent client came on today, but no sign
    of the AiVNC or email client.

Seems they are doing the "easy" ones first. Shame. So many good apps
    in the queue but it seem we are getting more clocks, simple games etc.

I do like the improvements we have seen in the past couple of days with the OS upgrade, Facebook but the good stuff ain't hitting like I would and wished it would.

Tim
    05-03-11 02:40 PM
    I think we need to give it time, when the Native DK is out I think we will see a lot more 'Professional Apps'.

Give it time people
    05-03-11 02:45 PM
    i agree i would have been happier with ability to make folders and a great pdf reader that doesnt dump 100's of my folders into one. keeping the faith though i home rim actually reads some of these post
    05-03-11 03:14 PM
    I think we need to give it time, when the Native DK is out I think we will see a lot more 'Professional Apps'.

Give it time people
    I agree that better quality apps will come out once the NDK is released but that is not due until "Summer" that means anytime between June 20th and Sept 20th in the Northern Hemisphere, which then means months after that until any of the apps are ready for market, although judging from the quality of some of the apps on AppWorld right now, ready for market may not mean much.
    05-03-11 03:45 PM
    Totally agree! There are some crappy apps on there, not bringing anything to the table. Don't understand that RIM is allowing them all on there!
    Put resources to work on testing the better professional apps and making some great apps yourself. I know that we will pay money for good apps, just make them perfect.
    05-03-11 04:07 PM
    i agree i would have been happier with ability to make folders and a great pdf reader that doesnt dump 100's of my folders into one. Keeping the faith though i home rim actually reads some of these post
    my. Thoughts. Exactly.
    05-03-11 05:04 PM
    I'll add my $.05 mine as well...

I do see where the AiFlex Telent client came on today, but no sign
    of the AiVNC or email client.

Seems they are doing the "easy" ones first. Shame. So many good apps
    in the queue but it seem we are getting more clocks, simple games etc.

I do like the improvements we have seen in the past couple of days with the OS upgrade, Facebook but the good stuff ain't hitting like I would and wished it would.

Tim
    Hi Tim. Our initial telnet client came out today, however we are working on an enhancement to it to bring it more in line and a higher professional grade with our aApps range. aVNC and aMail are both coming soon. Both are expected this week.I understand the need for really professional apps. AiFlex is currently working on more apps some of which have already been requested in these forums. If anyone has a specific professional application that you would like us to build please PM me and it will be considered.
    05-03-11 06:01 PM
    keep your panties on... if you didn't want to deal with a lack of professional apps for playbook why on earth did you become an early adopter? Rim has made no secret that alot of the playbooks greatness will be added (well) after launch... Hence the saying "Blackberry Playbook, there's an update for that" hahah

I love my playbook as is and look forward to this summer when it gets even better
    05-03-11 06:26 PM
    Hi Tim. Our initial telnet client came out today, however we are working on an enhancement to it to bring it more in line and a higher professional grade with our aApps range. aVNC and aMail are both coming soon. Both are expected this week.I understand the need for really professional apps. AiFlex is currently working on more apps some of which have already been requested in these forums. If anyone has a specific professional application that you would like us to build please PM me and it will be considered.
    Aiflex, it's great to here Amail is almost loose, and I will take a look at aVNC too. I don't begrudge the ambitious little guys getting an early shot thru app world. They are generally cheap and load and delete like lightning, so it's more annoying than anything else. But too many of them plain do not work and with so few offering trials, it is poisoning the well just a bit. That's why the video of aMail was a good idea.
    05-03-11 11:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD