RIM I've spent a lot of money on Blackberry devices. Please do not do this to me!

I have some thoughts on Playbook 2.0 update:

1) Bridge vc Native Apps (Its is BIZARRE!!!)

Now I have two CALENDARS, tow CONTACTS and two MESSEGES apps! One for Bridge and another native app. How can I JOIN then together?

2) Android Apps

I believe there was a big misunderstanding. I (and 90% of Playbook users) understood that we could install Android apps. In reality I can only install the Android apps available on Blackberry AppWord... Correct?!

Goodbye CAD viewer app...

3) Other considerations

- I prefer the old style home screen shortcut organization. The foldes is ok but some is missing.

- The only very good recive fix is the wireless network file sharing.
    02-21-12 02:36 PM
    WOW.....would you like to sell you PlayBook and get something else....perhaps an android tablet
    02-21-12 02:54 PM
    Buy an Apple
    02-21-12 02:59 PM
    Looks like you just wanted your first post to be a negaive one.

1) there's a fix for this. just do some searching.

2) there are Android apps and several ways to get them.
    02-21-12 03:03 PM
    1.) In essence, they are seperate clients for accessing the same mailbox. Don't want two? Don't use two.

2.) This should not be a surprise to anyone. The Android Player plays Android Apps that have been re-packaged as intended by the developer & approved by RIM. If the developer is happy after testing that their apps functions on the PlayBook, they can choose whether it is available to PlayBook owners or not. This saves them having to deal with PlayBook owners sideloading any old Android App and expecting it to work, and then hounding the Dev "YOUR APP DOESN'T WORK ON PLAYBOOK OMG FIX IT!". RIM took the right approach here.

3.) Yes there appears to be some WiFi fixes - speeds are now reported by the UI properly. Hopefully connectivity to 'N' networks is better, have yet to read up on this or test myself yet. The UI out of the gates will appear Messy - though once you customize you can make it quite nice.
    02-21-12 03:05 PM
    1. You may disable your bridged apps from displaying that are provided by the native apps.

2. RIM was VERY clear about the Android abilities prior to release, many months ago.

3. Those are personal preferences, perhaps they could built that into the settings tab that would allow you to customize homescreens etc.
    02-21-12 03:07 PM
    RIM I've spent a lot of money on Blackberry devices. Please do not do this to me!

Now I have two CALENDARS, tow CONTACTS and two MESSEGES apps! One for Bridge and another native app. How can I JOIN then together?

2) Android Apps

I believe there was a big misunderstanding. I (and 90% of Playbook users) understood that we could install Android apps. In reality I can only install the Android apps available on Blackberry AppWord... Correct?!

3) Other considerations

- I prefer the old style home screen shortcut organization. The foldes is ok but some is missing.

You're funny
    02-21-12 03:09 PM
    Another example of not doing your homework.... at no time has RIM said you could load your android apps from Android Market.... if you were following the posts on this forum you would know that all Android apps would only be available through app world.... as mentioned above there are other ways to sideload android apps.... fairly complicated but doable....

We have had lots of "assumptions" since the OS 2 release this morning.... For me as I own three different types of tablets.....all tablets are a work in progress.... no one will get everything they want but how about appreciating what was provided?????
    02-21-12 03:11 PM
    Time for this to be closed.
    02-21-12 03:13 PM
    Instead of buying a Play Book, perhaps a clue would have been a better purchase. All this info was already on the forums for weeks.
    02-21-12 03:17 PM
    Try upgrading your 8350i...
    02-21-12 03:19 PM
    WOW.....would you like to sell you PlayBook and get something else....perhaps an android tablet
    i dont understand, why would you tell someone to get another brand tablet when people complain? so what you are saying is that people should applaude RIM for anything they release? to me thats just stupid
    02-21-12 03:28 PM
    Lol troll alert!! Please close this post... 12 yrs kid with a keyboard posting stupid things
    02-21-12 03:56 PM
    “Fail”.

Stop saying "Fail" It’s over. It’s old. It’s not cute anymore. Yet another deformed failure of a 4chan meme, the idea that you can use “fail” as an adjective enjoyed a reasonable life as something kind of funny then suffered a tremendous plunge into the depths of dreadfully sad overuse by excited teenagers.
    02-21-12 03:58 PM
    1) there's a fix for this. just do some searching.
    Could you point me to something? Searching for "email" generates a ton of results, as I'm sure you're aware.
    02-21-12 04:29 PM

2) Android Apps

3) Other considerations

You people (I'm being polite) that criticise this post just don't get it... These are GOOD and reasonable observations....

The solution to two message apps / two calendar apps IS NOT to "switch one off". Let me keep it simple....

BlackBerry phone has push email - good
    Bridge email means you can read / edit email on PlayBook without any further sync - good
    New native email application does not sync - bad.... Because...
    Now - I need TWO syncs to read the same emails on phone and Playbook

Can I switch off Bridge app - NO because PB is only wifi so if I'm on the move I won't get emails on the PB

Can I switch off new native email application - possibly, but the bridge email client is not IMAP enabled and what was the point of waiting for OS2.

Two calendar apps... Wtf? The new native calendar doesn't sync with the BB phone. It only syncs to on-line calendars, not contacts, nor memos or tasks. So we still need a desktop / bridge sync to get all the PIM info onto the PB. And I don't get any calendar sync from the new native application if I don't have a wifi connection.

So before jumping all over anyone who makes constructive criticism... Please engage brain.
    ssbtech likes this.
    02-21-12 04:49 PM
    You people (I'm being polite) that criticise this post just don't get it... These are GOOD and reasonable observations....

The solution to two message apps / two calendar apps IS NOT to "switch one off". Let me keep it simple....

BlackBerry phone has push email - good
    Bridge email means you can read / edit email on PlayBook without any further sync - good
    New native email application does not sync - bad.... Because...
    Now - I need TWO syncs to read the same emails on phone and Playbook

Can I switch off Bridge app - NO because PB is only wifi so if I'm on the move I won't get emails on the PB

Can I switch off new native email application - possibly, but the bridge email client is not IMAP enabled and what was the point of waiting for OS2.

Two calendar apps... Wtf? The new native calendar doesn't sync with the BB phone. It only syncs to on-line calendars, not contacts, nor memos or tasks. So we still need a desktop / bridge sync to get all the PIM info onto the PB. And I don't get any calendar sync from the new native application if I don't have a wifi connection.

So before jumping all over anyone who makes constructive criticism... Please engage brain.
    This is my point! Thanks!!!

Another two well recive news:

- Stereo Bluetooth are working!

- New keyboard is much better!
    02-21-12 05:48 PM
    This is my point! Thanks!!!

Another two well recive news:

- Stereo Bluetooth are working!

- New keyboard is much better!
    You guys seem to be assuming the fact that everyone that is running OS2.0 has a BlackBerry Phone.

RIM will launch two optional "app players" that provide an application run-time environment for BlackBerry Java(R) apps and Android v2.3 apps. These new app players will allow users to download BlackBerry Java apps and Android apps from BlackBerry App World and run them on their BlackBerry PlayBook.
    - Cited from RIM press release on the matter.

Not that I don't agree with some of the points, but let's keep facts straight.
    Last edited by jtokarchuk; 02-21-12 at 06:30 PM.
    02-21-12 06:21 PM
    You guys seem to be assuming the fact that everyone that is running OS2.0 has a BlackBerry Phone.
    Of course not. The native messege, calendar and contacts apps is prety much welcome!

My point is - Why bridge and native apps are not together?
    02-21-12 08:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD