I'm using 2.0.0.6149 and its happening to me right now. I think I'm going to wait for the official release and see if the upgrade fixes it without a security wipe. I hate having to reload everything. Besides, I'd lose my progress in all three Angry Birds games!
    Just wondering... I mentioned this before, but haven't heard back from anyone. Is your BB actually password protected and if it is, does it change anything if you actually remove the password and try bridged Messages again?
    02-16-12 04:07 PM
    I have the same problem and just got off the phone with their Tech Guys. We could not fix the problem. He asked if I could wait a week / week and a half for the new OS Update.

The new OS will enable the PBook to access your email directly from the server, ie.Sympatico (like me), or Rogers. It would go through the phone, but more like the way your BlackBerry handheld phone accesses it. Does that make sense? It did to me.

So instead of yelling and screaming...I was so frik'n tired of resetting all the devices...I'm waiting for the update, it's Feb 21/2012 today...so I'm guessing the 1st of March they'll release it.

I hope that settles some concerns.

PS. They will NOT have support for a direct USB Memory stick connection...I asked.
    02-21-12 01:05 AM
    I have had the same issue before the update and thought that the os2 update had fixed this issue but alas this morning the flashing message screen came back. I still have an open incident with rim so will be calling back to let them know that os2 did not fix it. I hope they can find the problem as I don't want to wipe it every time it happens.
    02-25-12 09:35 AM
    I have had the same issue before the update and thought that the os2 update had fixed this issue but alas this morning the flashing message screen came back. I still have an open incident with rim so will be calling back to let them know that os2 did not fix it. I hope they can find the problem as I don't want to wipe it every time it happens.
    Same here. Very annoying. I've turned off messages in my bridge app while I wait for a solution. At least the new mail app provides a partial work around. If you get an answer from RIM, please let us know.
    02-25-12 09:40 AM
    I agree very annoying. I will post back when I speak to rim it will prob be tomorrow morning.
    02-25-12 10:55 AM
    I spoke to rim today and they have to get an analyst to look over the logs I sent them. I do however think that they were confused by this happening in os2. They have promised me a call back within 1-2 days. I will keep up updated if I get a fix. I do think that everyone who has this issue should contact rim so they know how many people / playbooks are affected.
    02-27-12 07:49 AM
    I spoke to rim today and they have to get an analyst to look over the logs I sent them. I do however think that they were confused by this happening in os2. They have promised me a call back within 1-2 days. I will keep up updated if I get a fix. I do think that everyone who has this issue should contact rim so they know how many people / playbooks are affected.
    Good luck... this has been an issue since 1.0 that I've had since November. All they kept doing was telling me to submit logs, wipe the PB, wipe the BB, disable work email. All futile endeavors in getting this issue resolved. Maybe that was their way of telling me to wait for 2.0... so far with 2.0 I haven't had this issue.
    02-27-12 10:40 AM
    I just started experiencing this problem. Is there any solution for this?
    02-28-12 11:48 PM
    Hi, i have this messages problem also.
    running the new OS2.0.0.7971 and a bold 9900 running bridge v2.0.0.25
    everything was fine until last night, i had just finished reading an email via the bridge software, i closed the app. 30mins later went to open it again, and got locked in a loop of asking for the phone password "blackberry bridge is locked", when the pw was entered, it showed re-directing, then validating, then back to the bridge is locked screen.
    all other bridge apps are working appropriately. i have done several restarts, ive removed the bridge and then reassociated the phone with the tablet, so the bridge software seems ok on both devices. i have not set up the native email app as i actually like having the bridge and not storing more messages on another device.
    is the security wipe the only way to do this...........
    02-29-12 01:37 AM
    If rim stick to their time line then I should get a call today so will post if they have a resolution to my problem. I have in the past done a security wipe but the problem came back again sorry.
    02-29-12 03:53 AM
    ive raised a call today with a lovely lady at Blackberry Tech Support, she was very helpful but couldnt really get me a fix there and then, i am expecting a call back this evening. iwill update as and when.
    02-29-12 12:20 PM
    true enough, i had a call back from angela at tech support, it is a previously reported issue, and there is a new software version on Desktop software now. am updateing as i type.
    fingers crossed.
    02-29-12 01:03 PM
    #fail..........
    spent some time updating software using very slow broadband connection.
    reconnected the bridge.
    same hang screen / locked bridge password screen.
    now restoring old version to get my bold back up and running.
    02-29-12 03:20 PM
    update.
    bold 9900 running new software doesnt show messages in bridge app.
    works curve os6 running latest level bridge app, will connect to playbook, and run all the brdige apps without failure.
    my guess is that it isnt the playbook, but it is a certificate/security on the os7 device.
    will be reporting this to techRep on my incedent number.
    03-01-12 07:39 AM
    Would someone please provide tel# to tech support so that I can call also. Maybe if they receive enough calls they will provide a true software fix.
    03-01-12 10:00 AM
    Update I had to call rim back, they did not call me. I now have to send in more logs from both my 9900 and the pb. They said they will look at them and send the issue to the developers.

I did ask if it was only the 9900 that is having this issue but they said that it is happening on different phones although they have not seen this happening on os2.

I will update when I get an answer to this but I will not be holding my breath as to when.

If anyone else gets an answer please let us know.

Cscott44 if you let me know where u are I will check my email for the number as it has the worlds numbers on the auto signature.
    03-01-12 03:31 PM
    hi guys, i have had a response from tech support.
    upgrading to os2 should have fixed it, obv not as i was on os2 when it occured.
    upgrading the bold 9900 to the 7.0 (bundle2416) should have fixed it, which it didnt.
    overall they have no fix at this time.
    the work around is to use native client and get/send email when in a wifi zone or tether the phone.
    HOWEVER!!!!!!
    i have done a restore from a previous backup (prior to any issues), it works.
    i still have os2, i had to update/reinstall a few new apps, but the fix works.
    I now have set my pb up as i like it to be, and made a ful back up, so if the issue appears again, its a simple resolution, until bb/rim resolve the issue.
    no security wipe was needed.
    Thats my solution, it works for me.
    03-02-12 01:36 AM
    Glasgowguy I am in USA, California. Thanks
    03-02-12 09:37 AM
    This happened to me for the first time yesterday. The scenario was:

- Opened a web page & it was partially loaded
    - Jumped over to Messages to check something quickly - messages app flashed white screen repeatedly & couldn't make out the text it showed.
    - CLOSED Messages App...
    - Went back to web page & let it finish loading

- Jumped over to Messages again & it behaved normally again
    03-02-12 11:04 AM
    Glasgowguy I am in USA, California. Thanks
    Sorry to say that the email signature does not have the number for the US and when I log onto the US website where I got the UK number it does not give the number either. I think rim do not want you guys to call them. I am sure there must be a number to call, did you get 90 days free support when you bought your pb that's where I got my number its is a free phone number.

Sorry again hope you find the number.
    03-02-12 12:58 PM
    I've had this problem many times and the only way to fix it thus far is a security wipe, but the problem always seems to come back at some point for some unknown reason.. I've posted about it here many times and some bozo always comes back dismissing my concerns because I had been playing with the various developer betas.. Well the official 2.0 is now here and the problem still exists, and as this thread shows, I'm not the only one seeing the problem.. RIM needs to fix this yesterday because it is core functionality..

In any case, although the problem appears on the Playbook, and seems to be resolved with a security wipe (which is IMO *NOT* a solution), my feeling is that it originates or is somehow triggered by something on the Blackberry handheld side: if you bring up the Blackberry logs with the alt-lglg sequence, you'll see that the handheld logs a Sapphire error (sapphire is the code name for the Bridge app on the handheld), which says there's a "bad token"..

The workaround by going to localhost:187/messages on the Playbook does continue to work on 2.0, but RIM must get a fix for this problem out immediately..
    cputoys, natmanns and GEMSONDAY like this.
    03-02-12 11:51 PM
    Well I have not been playing about with my pb just normal usage and it has happened to me on os2 and before.

I have sent logs from both the pb and 9900 today to rim so I hope that they will solve this issue as doing a security wipe all the time is not acceptable.
    03-03-12 06:52 AM
    i would agree, a security wipe is not an appropriate workaround.
    as i have done, a "restore" from a time prior to the issue has worked perfectly, and retained the os2 update. got everything back in shape as i had lost a few apps, but no big stuff.
    then did a new back up to retain new settings/etc.
    so far so good.
    03-05-12 01:51 AM

The workaround by going to localhost:187/messages on the Playbook does continue to work on 2.0, but RIM must get a fix for this problem out immediately..
    Can you please explain this workaround a bit more for those of us experiencing it for the first time? When I enter that into the browser it returns "forbidden". I've tried everything else short of wiping the pb! What a pain. And I was so enjoying 2.0!

Update: I had to leave off "messages" from the above address. Six neat panels come up with access to the bridge. Messages work fine here! Thanks. (This lends credibility that it's NOT the bridge or the phone, but something in the playbook causing the malfunction)
    Last edited by cputoys; 03-08-12 at 11:46 AM. Reason: update
    Uncle Remus likes this.
    03-08-12 09:56 AM
    Bad news guys I have had a response to this issue and it looks as if it will not be fixed any time soon. This is the email I received today:-

"Thank you for contacting BlackBerry Customer Support. This Bridge messages issue has now been identified and logged with out developers. It should be resolved with a future software update but I do not have an ETA on the update.

The only workaround we currently have would be to perform a security wipe of the PlayBook. If you do this you would lose your data. We can back all data up prior to wiping but it is very possible that if you were to go back and do a full restore that the problem may come back."

I am not too happy to do a full security wipe as I tried it before without doing a restore and the problem came back very quickly.

If anyone does have a fix or if f_d can explain his it would be good or any other suggestions?

I am now not happy because the bridge was the thing that sold the pb to me.
    Uncle Remus likes this.
    03-08-12 04:36 PM
73 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD