Shortly after I upgraded to Bridge 1.0.5.6 the Messages app on my PB began flashing when I tried to access my messages.

I have tried several remedies short of a full blown wipe on my BB (9650 - OS6), such as:

Disconnecting Bridge, and unpairing the PB and my BB, then reconnecting - No Dice

Down grading to 1.0.4.9 - Nada

Upgrading to 1.0.6.5 - Still nothing

After each one of the previous steps I did a battery pull as well

It even happens when there no messages in quue. All of the other Bridge apps work fine. Anyone got any ideas as to how to fix this?
    09-15-11 02:07 PM
    check passwords and junk mail. I have had intermttant issues with message app blank screen and green loding circle but not in a long time. deleted email will still show in the notifications. i just try to keep it all as clean as posible.
    09-15-11 02:43 PM
    Thanks. I'll check that out.
    09-15-11 04:51 PM
    I cleaned everything up, but still flashes like it is in an endless loop.
    09-16-11 06:20 AM
    Bridge version correctfor your BB. I upgraded from App World last night. It was slow downloading. I have read that several people had issues with the download. where did you get your upgrade, app world or OTA? App world should know your BB. OTA may not.
    I don't have any issues after upgade. You did let install full completion and then reboot? I had my playbook turned of during process. you did reboot playbook? your BB did have access to wifi for download? Sounds like upgrade is corrupted. PB has had quirks, especially with message app. First I have heard app having a constant loop on loading. mine would load and stay open but wasall white with a green loading circle. I guess we can call it GLC. How is the cell signal. I hate to even consider using DM to load anything. Before you do a wipe delete bridge and try install again. Good luck
    09-16-11 09:38 AM
    Yes, downloads were all through AppWorld except the 1.0.4.9 (was OTA see below). Process completed, even did a battery pull afterward, just to be sure. PlayBook was on during process.

I should probably add that everything worked fine for a couple of days after the 1.0.5.6 upgrade, then it started going crazy, with no other changes to BB or PB. It was after that point that I deleted 1.0.5.6 and installed an OTA OS6 version of 1.0.4.9 thinking a down grade would be OK as I had no issues with that version previously. Allowed the install to complete and did a battery pull. After restart, same problem.

I then deleted 1.0.4.9 (had issues installing 1.0.5.6 over 1.0.4.9 from AppWorld, could be related) and installed 1.0.5.6 from AppWorld + battery pull, same issue. Lived with it until the 1.0.6.5 upgrade, figured it might be fixed with the upgrade. Installed 1.0.6.5 via AppWorld + battery pull. No change.

I have a great cell signal, there are Verizon cell towers outside my office and on the property adjacent to my home.
    09-16-11 10:08 AM
    Only other thing is I think some emial providers have issued with playbook. Exchange e-mail always worked fine. POP3 mail from Comcast would often not load in message app. The last upgrade resolved most email issues. Now I just get notifications for mail that's been deleted. If you can't isolate a problem mail provider it may be time to call support.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

09-16-11 12:30 PM
    One other thing is electromagnetic feilds, speakers, transformers. A few people reported issues while charging

09-16-11 12:36 PM
    Only other thing is I think some emial providers have issued with playbook. Exchange e-mail always worked fine. POP3 mail from Comcast would often not load in message app. The last upgrade resolved most email issues. Now I just get notifications for mail that's been deleted. If you can't isolate a problem mail provider it may be time to call support.

Well, I am only accessing one email provider, gmail, and it has always worked for me. I have always gotten ghost messages on the PB.

Looks like I probably will have to contact support.
    09-16-11 01:17 PM
    Well, I am only accessing one email provider, gmail, and it has always worked for me. I have always gotten ghost messages on the PB.

Looks like I probably will have to contact support.
    I got same problem on my PB... everytime I try to start Message App, it blinks endlessly!!
    Tried to uninstal Bridge and install again... Remarking I got the problem still using old Bridge version, even upgrading to last version problem is still there.
    All other Bridge App are working well...
    But, Message App is the killer one....
    Pls, let me know if any one of you have any other hint to solve the problem...
    09-27-11 01:52 PM
    I am also experiencing this issue. It started mid-day yesterday. Everything else works fine and so far I can't get it to work. I contacted support today from work, but they wanted to wipe my BlackBerry and reload but I couldn't do that while at work so now I'm not sure what to do.
    09-27-11 07:07 PM
    Try a simple restart. The QNX OS has processes run self contained. In a manner of speaking, the brains of the unit never gets corrupted. A simple restart will close processes. Restarting allows you to open them afresh. Sometimes, a process can get buggy or baulky because a bug makes extra demands on resources assigned to it. Restarting puts the process "back in the can" allowing it to get a fresh "open".
    09-27-11 07:31 PM
    It took a full security wipe of my PlayBook to resolve this. First do a custom backup of media and settings only, if you try to restore apps the problem will return.
    lklim likes this.
    09-27-11 07:32 PM
    It took a full security wipe of my PlayBook to resolve this. First do a custom backup of media and settings only, if you try to restore apps the problem will return.
    Unless you are in my predicament - I cannot backup. It fails. I've now tried on 3 different computers using different versions of Desktop Manager. So I can wipe my pb to see if I can fix backup but I cannot backup my stuff to fix backup. Or some Catch-22 like that.
    09-27-11 08:44 PM
    Unless you are in my predicament - I cannot backup. It fails. I've now tried on 3 different computers using different versions of Desktop Manager. So I can wipe my pb to see if I can fix backup but I cannot backup my stuff to fix backup. Or some Catch-22 like that.
    I couldn't either, at least nor a full backup. I did two custom backups. One with only apps, and one with media and settings. I then did a wipe and reloaded the OS, then I reloaded the apps I wanted. Everything worked. I then restored the media and settings, and everything was still OK. I then restored the apps and had the flashing Bridge Message app again. So I did another wipe and repeated the process without restoring the backed up apps, and everything is still OK. It appears there was some corruption in the Message app or a conflict with another app. At any rate, my problem is resolved.

Kevin
    09-27-11 09:37 PM
    I can't even do selective backups. Where that checkbox is located, I get an error message, something to the effect that "can not scan the device" I am locked out of any backup at the moment.

My main problem is that I might lose some apps that I acquired for free and now no longer exist in free versions. My other files, I can backup manually. I guess I could recreate settings and I would lose bookmarks.
    09-27-11 10:20 PM
    I had this same issue. Security wipe fixed it. I still have an issue with bridge messages not reading my work email sometimes. All other messages are fine. Just a thought, Try switching from All Messages to Gmail or Hotmail or whatever and see ifthe messages load up. I thought it was all my messages until I switched it to Hotmail and it loaded all my hotmail emails right away. Turns out my work emails messed it up.

09-27-11 10:48 PM
    I am also experiencing this issue. It started mid-day yesterday. Everything else works fine and so far I can't get it to work. I contacted support today from work, but they wanted to wipe my BlackBerry and reload but I couldn't do that while at work so now I'm not sure what to do.
    i had to reload the operating system to solve my problem.
    09-28-11 06:17 PM
    This is what it took for me too. Thanks for the idea. I had tried all kinds of resetting, unpairing, repairing, etc... Now it's working fine. I decided not to restore, but to just add back all my files and apps individually. I didn't want to recreate whatever caused the problem.
    10-23-11 07:31 PM
    This has happened twice to me now. The security wipe fixes everything, I just hate that I lose my Machinarium save file every time this happens.
    12-02-11 09:03 AM
    This issue sounds a lot like what I've experienced with Bridge Messages acting the fool... my solution to this is detailed in another thread, http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post6975009

I researched this after having this issue happen to me three times with security wipes being the only way to resolve this and each wipe would lose my progress in the NFS game, that I never seem to be able to finish! Unfortunately from the sound of it, I don't think RIM will look further into this matter for me so it's imperative that everyone else calls in if possible to document this issue. Something regarding the Bridge specifically on the PlayBook is definitely getting corrupted and the only way to currently fix is to wipe or remove the Bridge specific files on the PlayBook.
    12-29-11 10:04 AM
    This issue sounds a lot like what I've experienced with Bridge Messages acting the fool... my solution to this is detailed in another thread, http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post6975009

I researched this after having this issue happen to me three times with security wipes being the only way to resolve this and . . . Something regarding the Bridge specifically on the PlayBook is definitely getting corrupted and the only way to currently fix is to wipe or remove the Bridge specific files on the PlayBook.
    Will OS version 2.0 fix this problem, anyone know?
    02-03-12 08:20 PM
    unfortunately this issue isn't something that's easily reproducible, so right now there's no telling if it's fixed in 2.0.
    02-04-12 09:14 AM
    My notifications for BBM and email never goes away either even though on my BB phone everything has been read.

Not really a big deal but its slightly annoying. Hopefully RIM fixes it with OS2.
    02-04-12 09:39 AM
    unfortunately this issue isn't something that's easily reproducible, so right now there's no telling if it's fixed in 2.0.
    I'm using 2.0.0.6149 and its happening to me right now. I think I'm going to wait for the official release and see if the upgrade fixes it without a security wipe. I hate having to reload everything. Besides, I'd lose my progress in all three Angry Birds games!
    02-16-12 03:56 PM
73 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD