05-15-11 11:06 AM
454 ... 1213141516 ...
tools
    You do bring up a good point for company users. IT depts may not and probably will not allow that. Most companies try to do it by the books when it comes to these things.

ETA:If you're looking at it from the PIM side of things. I think you're going to be ok. I think. AT&T will probably allow the PIM but not web browsing or wait for the native PIM stuff to be released although that will require you to add some additional fees to your phone to use it as a hotspot/tether for your PlayBook
    I've already chatted with our IT dept about it and they can not accept anything other than an official release from AT&T. If we started running hybrid or unoffcial apps, OSs or solutions, AT&T no longer promises the security of our information or network.
    04-19-11 01:46 PM
    04-19-11 01:58 PM
    There's another OTA option, just in case anyone needs it. (I did. None of the other options worked for me! )

StormOTA - BlackBerry Bridge

I know it looks like it's a link for Storm only, but I just installed it on my Bold 9700 with OS 5.
    04-19-11 02:33 PM
    I've already chatted with our IT dept about it and they can not accept anything other than an official release from AT&T. If we started running hybrid or unoffcial apps, OSs or solutions, AT&T no longer promises the security of our information or network.
    Yeah that's what I figured. It's like you said. For the home user it's full speed a head, for those in the business world and using AT&T everything has come to a halt.

Hopefully everything get's sorted out but from reading the AT&T press release and they are testing. I wouldn't look for anything official anytime soon
    04-19-11 02:34 PM
    Most likely they are looking for a way to block the Bridge Browser, or charge for it, and leave everything else in place. However, I am hoping ATT is just being careful before signing off on the application. Not a chance, but one can hope no?
    you still post on here? lol.
    04-19-11 02:49 PM
    It seems that AT&T is the preferred carrier for many larger business clients, mostly because they carry more BB phones than anyone else.
    Of the top 5 BB models sold last year, 3 of them are sold by ATT. This can definitly hurt PB sales.
    04-19-11 02:53 PM
    No surprise RIMM stock is down 3.25% today and 25% from its high in Feb (round numbers).

If they aren't going after non BB owner consumers and can't serve corporate customers who also use AT&T, just who are they going to sell the PB too? I think it is time for RIMM to blink and let AT&T "win."

It is a bit ironic the NYT online has an article about how improved the IPAD2 is today and nothing about the launch of the PB? All this point sot serious problems for RIMM.
    04-19-11 02:56 PM
    So many with ATT have said that after downloading the OTA Bridge App they had no problems connecting and Bridge worked well. Does anyone think these may all be BIS users and not BES users? I also successfully downloaded the OTA Bridge App but could not get the Torch to "bridge " to the playbook? Wonderting if it is a BES vs. BIS thing?
    04-19-11 03:05 PM
    I also have no problem of installing it. Waiting for my tablet to try too. Here are all the cods + jad file So No need to bbsak the cods files.
    Upzip
    put the whole folder in your memory card
    click on BBB.jad
    ATT BB 9700 running OS 5.

Used this method. It did a download when I clicked on the jad file and says it installed successfully. However, it's nowhere to be found on my BB - no icon, no anything.

Did another click on the jad file. I get a message that says it's already there and do I want to replace it.

Ideas anyone? Is the bbsak method a better way to go?
    04-19-11 03:06 PM
    So many with ATT have said that after downloading the OTA Bridge App they had no problems connecting and Bridge worked well. Does anyone think these may all be BIS users and not BES users? I also successfully downloaded the OTA Bridge App but could not get the Torch to "bridge " to the playbook? Wonderting if it is a BES vs. BIS thing?
    I can confirm, as I am posting from my playbook now and bridging using a torch, that it does work perfect and I am using enterprise. This is awesome!
    04-19-11 03:13 PM
    I installed the COD files directly through BBSAK late last night when following this thread, Bridge ran fine on my 9800.

Picked up my Playbook this morning, and after battling through issues with the agreement not loading and updating the OS, it appears I'm over the hill. Everything in Bridge appears to be working (except BBM is not there, but we know that is another issue). I am on ATT with a locked 9800, using BIS.

It's been a rough launch for me, but it looks like everything is working. Best of luck my friends.
    Last edited by therapyreject174; 04-19-11 at 03:30 PM.
    04-19-11 03:27 PM
    Thanks for the help. I didn't know about bbsak but do now. I was about ready to freak out on ATT.
    04-19-11 03:37 PM
    BB 9700 on AT&T with OS5, BES. I have bridge installed and working just fine for PIM but no joy for bridge browser. I try and setup internet tethering but it won't authenticate for either of the two AT&T entries. Am I missing something?
    04-19-11 03:44 PM
    anybody know why my torch is hanging on Looking for Blackberry Bridge...
    Playbook says Waiting for Blackberry 9800...
    I even wiped and installed the AT&T .526 offical OS, app has full perms
    Playbook has been a struggle all day, at first didn't want to come back from the offical os update, had to turn it off for a half hour, now find that AT&T won't allow bridge, OTA d/l from crackberry doing this now.
    04-19-11 04:26 PM

I factory reset my Torch, installed the .526, first thing upon boot up was install the bridge giving it full allow privleges. I don't think it's becasue we're on BES
    04-19-11 04:34 PM
    I'm on ATT and using a BlackBerry Torch. I used the the OTA link at the first post. Thanks, guys.

All bridge functionality works (contacts, email, calendar, memopad, tasks, bridge files, and bridge browser. Works like a charm.

Aslso, I'm running on BES and all my corporate internal websites work too via bridge, LOL. This is sick.
    Last edited by Dim-Ize; 04-19-11 at 05:30 PM.
    04-19-11 04:56 PM
    But wait...I thought having an email, calendar, and contact app was unnecessary in the first place. At least that's what all the people with BBs said to all those without BBs who criticized the PB for its lack of said apps. So what's the big deal?
    I think you missed the point... It is a non-issue when you have the bridge and thus use the apps on your BB handset.

In this case those AT&T customers have been denied that by their carrier AT&T from what I read. So there you have it.
    04-19-11 05:06 PM
    My Bridge is working perfectly, thanks for the link. Now all I need is to be able to Tether on AT&T
    04-19-11 06:37 PM
    I just got back from my local Staples store and to my surprise they had a playbook demo machine. I am an ATT customer so I have been following this thread like crazy all day long. I played around with the PB with the bridge and its a smooth device and I'm anxious to get it.

Well before I bought it I wanted to verify that the Blackberry Bridge was working properly. I download the OTA link of CB. I was able to pair the device via Bluetooth pretty easily. The bridge took a bit to get it working but it finally worked. I saw the special tab for Blackberry Bridge with the usual icons. I tested messages and contacts loaded initially slow but was quick afterwards. Now to the one issue that prevented me from buying it on the spot. They only had 16gb and had sold none they said they just got in a few a few hours ago.

I have a BB torch running 6.0 bundle 1907 if I recall correctly is .448 or something like that. The internet was extremely slow I mean really slow, like dial up. And after I exit the browser and try to go back in it wouldn't load a page don't know whats going on. Hopefully ATT will release their Bridge App and this will solve the problem and of course they don't prevent the Bridge Browser.

Oh btw from Bridge Browser should you see native YouTube embedded, funny when it loaded CB it looked like the mobile site.

Hope to hear some comments because I really want to get the device and like all ATT customers this lack of the bridge app is going to make me not buy the device.
    04-19-11 06:55 PM
    They (AT&T) will end up allowing it as an added service charge. Any company that has 5000 BB users can negotiate a billing deal with little problem. This is what my IT manager who deals with AT&T on our BB plan tells me.
    04-19-11 07:33 PM
    ATT BB 9700 running OS 5.

Used this method. It did a download when I clicked on the jad file and says it installed successfully. However, it's nowhere to be found on my BB - no icon, no anything.

Did another click on the jad file. I get a message that says it's already there and do I want to replace it.

Ideas anyone? Is the bbsak method a better way to go?
    Did you check your downloaded folder on your phone? I had to go move it out of that folder on my 9700.
    04-19-11 07:51 PM
    Did you check your downloaded folder on your phone? I had to go move it out of that folder on my 9700.
    I also got the same problem, I'm living out side us and can a which haven't been supported yet.
    I'm on 9700 v5.0 os

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-11 08:00 PM
    I think I need coffee. I'm still confused. Is this right?

1.Installing cod files gets you bridge on your att torch?

2. Bridge browser works?

3. Email, calender and memo doesn't work on bridge?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    No one answered my questions directly but it was answered over several posts. For anyone that needs clarification.

1.yes installing the files from the first post makes it work.
    2. yes, its slower than wifi but it works
    3.false, email, calender and memo WORK with no problems.

Thank you for the people who figured this stuff out.
    I used bbsak and it installed. got my playbook waited 2hrs for it to install the update over my slow wifi at work. And then tried it out. everything in bridge that shows up works. no issues at all.

Hope this helps someone.
    04-19-11 08:21 PM
    My phone just does not want to install it lol. I've tried everything. Blah. Guess I just need to keep waiting
    04-19-11 08:28 PM
    Hello, I went to AT&T for the Torch but I'm so frustrated with this issue that if they do not allow the bridge by the end of this week I am closing my account and going to Sprint, where they are cheaper and don't mess with blackberry users. There is no additional data cost to them for the bridge. All the other carriers allowed it.
    I got the playbook today and it is an awesome piece of technology. It sounds and looks great. I believe AT&T is raining on the Playbook parade and if it was not for the Torch I'd be gone already.
    If they don't allow this bridge by the end of the week I'm going to sprint with their free unlimited data and much better deal. I'll just pick up an new bold instead.
    I hope all BB users let AT&T know our intentions. I did this morning. AT&T sucks.
    trsbbs likes this.
    04-19-11 08:35 PM
454 ... 1213141516 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD