I think it is pretty ridiculous for AT&T to block the bridge. Such a downer. Hopefully they will lift the ban soon. Bridge is still not showing up at Singapore side thou. :/
    04-19-11 11:02 PM
    I've read the last couple of pages or so, but didn't find what I was looking for.

I've got my 9800 successfully bridged to my PlayBook, but the only application that is missing is BBM. Does anyone know a fix for this, or am I doing something wrong.
    04-20-11 06:14 AM
    I've read the last couple of pages or so, but didn't find what I was looking for.

I've got my 9800 successfully bridged to my PlayBook, but the only application that is missing is BBM. Does anyone know a fix for this, or am I doing something wrong.
    Bbm is still not working with the bridge eta 2 weeks via pb update

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-11 06:28 AM
    im from indonesia and already try to inject the COD through Jad(directly on the phone), COD(using BBsak), Alx (usingDM) still the bridge icon not showing.

anyone have a clue on this?
    04-20-11 07:23 AM
    Did you check your downloaded folder on your phone? I had to go move it out of that folder on my 9700.
    It finally showed up in the Downloads Folder about 30-60 minutes after I did the install - and, yes, I had checked that folder numerous times before it finally showed. I wonder why it took so long.
    04-20-11 07:38 AM
    It finally showed up in the Downloads Folder about 30-60 minutes after I did the install - and, yes, I had checked that folder numerous times before it finally showed. I wonder why it took so long.
    did you do anything to your blackberry?
    i also install it using the JAD file and it didn't show up on my download folder
    04-20-11 07:53 AM
    After hours of trying to get the bridge application installed on my Bold 9700 (OS5). No luck. The application shows as installed on the device but no icon anywhere to use the application.

No bridge application, no playbook, back it goes and it is a shame. The device looks and feels great but without the bridge application there is no point to this for me.
    04-20-11 08:03 AM
    After hours of trying to get the bridge application installed on my Bold 9700 (OS5). No luck. The application shows as installed on the device but no icon anywhere to use the application.

No bridge application, no playbook, back it goes and it is a shame. The device looks and feels great but without the bridge application there is no point to this for me.
    same situation here, but i just realized that im using hybrid os, i try to wipe and reinstall it with rogers now.

9700M_PBr5.0.0_rel1446_PL5.1.0.175_A5.0.0.862_Roge rs_Wireless_Inc

let you know if i succeed
    04-20-11 08:08 AM
    Will AT&T really tell FBI & other law enforcement users of Blackberry that they can't use Playbook. NEVER. This is another power play by AT&T to overbill us for services we are already paying for. Within a day or two this will be resolved. If not, I plan on changing carriers. Verizon told me they have a tethering fee, but no separate data fee for tethering.
    04-20-11 08:14 AM
    did you do anything to your blackberry?
    i also install it using the JAD file and it didn't show up on my download folder
    I did a couple of installs and rebooted and did battery pulls a couple of times with no icon on the phone. The BB Desktop Manager showed it as being installed, but still no icon.

Then, after 30-60 minutes (or more?) he icon just showed in the download folder. Weird!

Still no Playbook, as I'm beginning to think that it might be best to wait until all the various difficulties have been resolved.
    04-20-11 08:19 AM
    I did a couple of installs and rebooted and did battery pulls a couple of times with no icon on the phone. The BB Desktop Manager showed it as being installed, but still no icon.

Then, after 30-60 minutes (or more?) he icon just showed in the download folder. Weird!

Still no Playbook, as I'm beginning to think that it might be best to wait until all the various difficulties have been resolved.
    what type of blackberry are you using and what is your OS version?
    04-20-11 08:38 AM
    what type of blackberry are you using and what is your OS version?
    Bold 9700, OS 5.0 Bundle 1607 on ATT.
    04-20-11 08:57 AM
    Well I was already on my way out the door for AT&T and I just have to laugh at this. It's just so typical of them. They didn't get the app in time for adequate testing, but every other carrier involved got through it just fine? I'm sorry, but the BS just doesn't get any thicker than that.

It's not just their actions that make me rage, it's the way they go about things.... They definitely make it very obvious that they don't give a damn about their customers, and at every chance they have of trying to snow us over, they do. They think we're all dimwitted morons who will believe everything they tell us and keep patronizing their services. It's unreal and insulting.

I'm floored that they would alienate their RIM customers. I didn't see this coming at all. They already lost their monopoly on the Apple sheep, and their next most loyal customer base were us Blackberry users. They seem to think they're absolutely invincible. I think they're proud that there was no mass exodous once Verizon got the iPhone4, but just wait until those contracts from last summer's AT&T iPhone release are up.... Especially when Verizon is cruising on a big LTE network while AT&T struggles to implement theirs due to poor foresight and limited LTE bandwidth.

AT&T is going to start hurting pretty soon. They don't own the iPhone sheep any more, they're alienating Blackberry users, and their Android base is new an not very well established. You'd think they would realize this. On top of all that, even without the offensive actions they've taken, it was always obvious as an AT&T customer that customer satisfaction wasn't a priority. I didn't care; as long as my services worked when I needed them to and the rates were decent, I was staying with that carrier.

I had been with Cingular/AT&T for 10 years. I brought them business accounts, personal accounts (wireless and UVerse), and brought in well over six figures over that period of time and defended against the bashers at every opportunity. I know that's not a significant amount in the grand scheme of things, but what is significant is people like me are eating termination fees and leaving, and that's only going to get worse as long as they keep acting like a bunch of ignorant, snobbish ****** bags.
    04-20-11 09:05 AM
    Bold 9700, OS 5.0 Bundle 1607 on ATT.
    Tq Dutch for your information, but can you be more spesific on the OS version something like "5.0.0.862"?

thanks, i just update mine to 9700M_PBr5.0.0_rel1446_PL5.1.0.175_A5.0.0.862_Roge rs_Wireless_Inc and the bridge didn't shows up. ill wait until tommorow and do a battery pull everytime i go the chance to do it, maybe i'll be surprised just like you
    04-20-11 09:14 AM
    Well I was already on my way out the door for AT&T and I just have to laugh at this. It's just so typical of them. They didn't get the app in time for adequate testing, but every other carrier involved got through it just fine? I'm sorry, but the BS just doesn't get any thicker than that.

It's not just their actions that make me rage, it's the way they go about things.... They definitely make it very obvious that they don't give a damn about their customers, and at every chance they have of trying to snow us over, they do. They think we're all dimwitted morons who will believe everything they tell us and keep patronizing their services. It's unreal and insulting.

I'm floored that they would alienate their RIM customers. I didn't see this coming at all. They already lost their monopoly on the Apple sheep, and their next most loyal customer base were us Blackberry users. They seem to think they're absolutely invincible. I think they're proud that there was no mass exodous once Verizon got the iPhone4, but just wait until those contracts from last summer's AT&T iPhone release are up.... Especially when Verizon is cruising on a big LTE network while AT&T struggles to implement theirs due to poor foresight and limited LTE bandwidth.

AT&T is going to start hurting pretty soon. They don't own the iPhone sheep any more, they're alienating Blackberry users, and their Android base is new an not very well established. You'd think they would realize this. On top of all that, even without the offensive actions they've taken, it was always obvious as an AT&T customer that customer satisfaction wasn't a priority. I didn't care; as long as my services worked when I needed them to and the rates were decent, I was staying with that carrier.

I had been with Cingular/AT&T for 10 years. I brought them business accounts, personal accounts (wireless and UVerse), and brought in well over six figures over that period of time and defended against the bashers at every opportunity. I know that's not a significant amount in the grand scheme of things, but what is significant is people like me are eating termination fees and leaving, and that's only going to get worse as long as they keep acting like a bunch of ignorant, snobbish ****** bags.
    AT&T reports best-ever first quarter for smartphone sales with 5.5 million, 60 percent of them are iPhones -- Engadget

As for the bridge browser. I full expect Vzw to follow suit at some point. Sprint had mentioned it. Vzw & AT&T pretty much does what the other does. AT&T charges a tether fee to use the Atrix in the dock.

Not defending AT&T but that's the way their business runs. If they allow browsing through the bridge with RIM then iOS & Android will do the same. Even though RIM doesn't use AT&T servers they still use their bandwidth.
    04-20-11 09:19 AM

As for the bridge browser. I full expect Vzw to follow suit at some point. Sprint had mentioned it. Vzw & AT&T pretty much does what the other does. AT&T charges a tether fee to use the Atrix in the dock.

Not defending AT&T but that's the way their business runs. If they allow browsing through the bridge with RIM then iOS & Android will do the same. Even though RIM doesn't use AT&T servers they still use their bandwidth.
    We'll see what happens when VZW and AT&T go head to head with their fully rolled out LTE networks. That's when I believe it will become the biggest issue for AT&T but that's a different debate altogether and is completely off topic (as opposed to only somewhat tangential as we are at the moment).

Like I said, I don't have a problem with the policies themselves; it's the way things are done that gets me mad. I agree that VZW will go ahead and eventually find a way to milk some cash from the Bridge Browser and I'm sure that's 100% why AT&T still hasn't approved a bridge.

However, to lead people to believe that everything was A-ok and that their AT&T BBs would work with the Playbook (RIM's at fault here too) only to have customers with PBs in their hands on release day that they can't use.... Well, that's just BS. Take my money for tethering or what have you, but don't hang me out to dry like that. It's inexcusable.

And then don't bother telling me that you "didn't have enough time to test" and that you're "trying to optimize the customer experience" or whatever crap they came out with. It's offensive. Just be honest and up front about it. People will understand.
    04-20-11 09:28 AM
    just want to inform that i can download the blackberry bridge from indonesia...
    im using the 9700jAllLang_PBr5.0.0_rel1607_PL5.1.0.177_A5.0.0.9 79

i download it directly from RIM website.
    feels like heaven although my playbook just gonna arrive next month
    04-20-11 10:07 AM
    man just realized that my success of installing the blackberry bridge on my 9700 got nothing to do with me downgrading the os to 979 (previously using the hybrid and got a tons of apps).
    just got this info from the appstore website:
    Required Device Software
    5.0.0 or higher

Supported Countries
    All Countries

Supported Carriers
    All carriers except:

AT&T

--------
    ATT still can't enjoy the bridge, hooe i can help
    04-20-11 10:11 AM
    We'll see what happens when VZW and AT&T go head to head with their fully rolled out LTE networks. That's when I believe it will become the biggest issue for AT&T but that's a different debate altogether and is completely off topic (as opposed to only somewhat tangential as we are at the moment).

Like I said, I don't have a problem with the policies themselves; it's the way things are done that gets me mad. I agree that VZW will go ahead and eventually find a way to milk some cash from the Bridge Browser and I'm sure that's 100% why AT&T still hasn't approved a bridge.

However, to lead people to believe that everything was A-ok and that their AT&T BBs would work with the Playbook (RIM's at fault here too) only to have customers with PBs in their hands on release day that they can't use.... Well, that's just BS. Take my money for tethering or what have you, but don't hang me out to dry like that. It's inexcusable.

And then don't bother telling me that you "didn't have enough time to test" and that you're "trying to optimize the customer experience" or whatever crap they came out with. It's offensive. Just be honest and up front about it. People will understand.
    I think that's why AT&T is trying to buy TMobile for LTE.

I don't think AT&T misled anyone. Mike was the one who said browsing using your existing data plan. AT&T called their bluff. What's going to make people really mad is when VZW tries to block the bridge. It would have been nice if RIM or AT&T had said something earlier but then that probably would have hurt RIMs sales.

I have no doubt that AT&T knew about the bridge browser but if RIM popped it on them at the last minute then I can't fault AT&T
    04-20-11 10:11 AM
    Amen! 100% right on!
    04-20-11 10:18 AM
    I think that's why AT&T is trying to buy TMobile for LTE.

I have no doubt that AT&T knew about the bridge browser but if RIM popped it on them at the last minute then I can't fault AT&T
    Yeah they really need TMo for the LTE freqs.

I'm wondering just how "last minute" this whole ordeal actually was.... No other carriers had a problem implementing it and I doubt RIM would have held out on springing the app on AT&T for testing. I don't think that this is a "power play" by AT&T on RIM, but would I be surprised if that ended up being the case? No.

In the end, the customer loses. It would have been much more fair to OK the app and warn that there would be a tethering charge or some solution like that as a stopgap or temporary measure and maybe down the road approve a Bridge Lite app or something like that with the Bridge Browser disabled. At least make the device operable. Sure, people would have bitched, but it would have been much better for consumers that way.
    04-20-11 10:19 AM
    When I try to download from the Crackberry link, via a 9780, I get a download failure and this error:

907 Invalid COD
    HTTP Error 413: Request Entity
    Too Large
    04-20-11 10:20 AM
    bwahahaha!!!!! 25 pages of whinging and all over the inability to be frustrated by the hideosity that is the blackberry internet experience? Oh please.
    04-20-11 10:37 AM
    just want to remind that anyone outside AT&T network can download it directly from appworld.
    04-20-11 10:41 AM
    bwahahaha!!!!! 25 pages of whinging and all over the inability to be frustrated by the hideosity that is the blackberry internet experience? Oh please.
    Clueless much?
    04-20-11 10:44 AM
454 ... 1314151617 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD