so does anyone have the actuall cod files for os 5?? would like them just in case the ota goes down
    Download the ota to your computer.. That's all you need
    04-19-11 11:55 AM
    I find this on another site:

AT&T confirmed to Phone Scoop via email today that the Bridge application -- which allows the BlackBerry Playbook to access email, calendar, and contacts from a tethered BlackBerry smartphone -- is not yet available. Spokesperson Seth Bloom said, "AT&T is working with RIM to make the BlackBerry Bridge app available for AT&T customers. We have just received the app for testing and before it's made available to AT&T customers we want to ensure it delivers a quality experience for our customers." The Bridge application is already available to customers on Sprint, T-Mobile and Verizon Wireless's networks. AT&T didn't say how long it might be before the Bridge app becomes available to its BlackBerry customers.

from AT&T

I'm not sure to believe it or not. Want to get a PB today.
    04-19-11 12:06 PM
    I find this on another site:

AT&T confirmed to Phone Scoop via email today that the Bridge application -- which allows the BlackBerry Playbook to access email, calendar, and contacts from a tethered BlackBerry smartphone -- is not yet available. Spokesperson Seth Bloom said, "AT&T is working with RIM to make the BlackBerry Bridge app available for AT&T customers. We have just received the app for testing and before it's made available to AT&T customers we want to ensure it delivers a quality experience for our customers." The Bridge application is already available to customers on Sprint, T-Mobile and Verizon Wireless's networks. AT&T didn't say how long it might be before the Bridge app becomes available to its BlackBerry customers.

from AT&T

I'm not sure to believe it or not. Want to get a PB today.
    Most likely they are looking for a way to block the Bridge Browser, or charge for it, and leave everything else in place. However, I am hoping ATT is just being careful before signing off on the application. Not a chance, but one can hope no?
    04-19-11 12:13 PM
    Ok, I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I tried the steps in the first post, and after downloading the Zip fie and extracting it, the Desktop Manager tells me that it's not compatible. I am running OS 5 on a Bold 9700, so I thought maybe what I downloaded was for OS 6.

I went to the OTA link for OS 5 on my computer and it downloaded a .Jad file. I tried that same link on the phone itself and it's giving me a 404 error.

Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong? My Playbook is at Best Buy waiting for me!
    Last edited by Hypnoboy; 04-19-11 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Clarity
    04-19-11 12:14 PM
    It's BS. Anyone that has followed how long ATT has blocked (yes blocked) the Windows Phone 7 NoDo update that has been ready for months and months now -- knows that "testing" is just a ploy to hold things up for other motives.

I mean, like RIM is not more qualified to know how well it will or will not work than the carrier? Right. Yeah right. Lol.
    04-19-11 12:28 PM
    Thanks for your help - you are all awesome
    04-19-11 12:35 PM
    AT&T testing means we're looking into blocking the bridge browser.
    I'm sure the PIM stuff will be allowed.

I find it hard to believe that AT&T is just now being able to test this, yeah right.
    04-19-11 12:43 PM
    Hey guys, newbie here. Been a crackberry fanatic for years. I currently have a Torch for personal use, a Bold for work, and just grabbed my Playbook this morning.

Thanks for the OTA link, that worked like a charm on the Torch.

I am having a failure on the BOLD, it will not load, I tried both OS5 and OS6. Any thoughts? I tried the hard boot, reboot, etc etc
    04-19-11 12:58 PM
    AT&T is full of it, do they test everything included with the iphone and android phones before they allow the manufacturer to put it on their phones? What is next they will need to block anything you download to your phone before you can use it so they can test it first?
    04-19-11 01:04 PM
    I am having a failure on the BOLD, it will not load, I tried both OS5 and OS6. Any thoughts? I tried the hard boot, reboot, etc etc
    Same here. Bold 9700 Running OS 5. No go. I may not understand what I'm supposed to be doing though... do I just go to the site on my phone? (In other words, type in https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...yBridgeOS5.jad and hit enter? I've tried that and I'm getting a 404 error.
    04-19-11 01:04 PM
    Hey guys, newbie here. Been a crackberry fanatic for years. I currently have a Torch for personal use, a Bold for work, and just grabbed my Playbook this morning.

Thanks for the OTA link, that worked like a charm on the Torch.

No clue I just see your Bold is for work. Maybe your BES admin is not allowing it to be installed
    04-19-11 01:06 PM
    AT&T is full of it, do they test everything included with the iphone and android phones before they allow the manufacturer to put it on their phones? What is next they will need to block anything you download to your phone before you can use it so they can test it first?
    LOL that's just AT&T talk for you're not going to browse the web for free on our service.

I think they'll give your the PIM but browsing they're going to cut out. They figure if they allow you browse the web via the bridge, it won't be long before other company's do the same with their phones and tablets. Then AT&T loses the ability to a fee. I expect VZW will do the same, AT&T was just BOLD, no pun intended to do it first
    04-19-11 01:11 PM
    I did the OTA download on to my Torch, ATT and it dowloaded fine. Made Bluetooth connection with Playbook but cannot get bridge to connect? Both Bar code and manual attempts. Would this have anything to do with BES restrictions? I downloaded it fine?
    04-19-11 01:13 PM
    Make sure I did this right. I did the bbsak method of downloading the files to my computer, extracting them and then highlighting them for bbsak to load on the device. It did and when I checked, there was the bridge app. I paired my device via bluetooth and then used the bridge browser on the tablet and it worked (albeit slowly), but it did work. Calendar showed my appts, etc. There was no request to update anything, and no permissions to give. Did I miss anything?
    Last edited by newcollector; 04-19-11 at 01:38 PM.
    04-19-11 01:14 PM
    just realized that there is not European or Asian support either... just north and south america
    it doesnt support asian? *sighs* so what the use of my PB? arghhh *sighs*
    04-19-11 01:15 PM
    this thread has caught fire since last night, lol.
    04-19-11 01:16 PM
    Not for nothing, but I work for an international financial firm that has 5k+ employees around the world. We just recently signed a deal with our RIM representative for PlayBooks after choosing it over the iPad2.

The problem? We use AT&T. The Bridge feature was the selling point for the PB over the iPad2 and if that doesn't work in some capacity, we will be looking for a refund. A leaked alternative on an enthusiast forum is not a sufficient answer (even though it is amazing for personal users!) so it will be interesting to see how they handle this.

Even though AT&T is the one to blame here (IMO), this is going to hurt RIM badly. It seems that AT&T is the preferred carrier for many larger business clients, mostly because they carry more BB phones than anyone else. Companies like mine are looking more into tablets and if the PlayBook can't Bridge with your existing BB because your carrier prohibits it, that's a BIG problem for RIM.
    04-19-11 01:18 PM
    Not for nothing, but I work for an international financial firm that has 5k+ employees around the world. We just recently signed a deal with our RIM representative for PlayBooks after choosing it over the iPad2.

The problem? We use AT&T. The Bridge feature was the selling point for the PB over the iPad2 and if that doesn't work in some capacity, we will be looking for a refund. A leaked alternative on an enthusiast forum is not a sufficient answer (even though it is amazing for personal users!) so it will be interesting to see how they handle this.

Even though AT&T is the one to blame here (IMO), this is going to hurt RIM badly. It seems that AT&T is the preferred carrier for many larger business clients, mostly because they carry more BB phones than anyone else. Companies like mine are looking more into tablets and if the PlayBook can't Bridge with your existing BB because your carrier prohibits it, that's a BIG problem for RIM.
    You do bring up a good point for company users. IT depts may not and probably will not allow that. Most companies try to do it by the books when it comes to these things.

ETA:If you're looking at it from the PIM side of things. I think you're going to be ok. I think. AT&T will probably allow the PIM but not web browsing or wait for the native PIM stuff to be released although that will require you to add some additional fees to your phone to use it as a hotspot/tether for your PlayBook
    Last edited by Daps; 04-19-11 at 01:28 PM.
    04-19-11 01:23 PM
    Make sure I did this right. I did the bbsak method of downloading the files to my computer, extracting them and then highlighting them for bbsak to load on the device. It did and when I checked, there was the bridge app. I used the bridge browser on the tablet and it worked (albeit slowly), but it did work. Calendar showed my appts, etc. There was no request to update anything, and no permissions to give. Did I miss anything?
    I'm trying to do exactly what you did. There's two .Jad files. The first one turns off my radio and wifi. The second one seems to do nothing bad. Then I went to the .cod files. First one said it installed, the SECOND one rebootes the phone... I did the rest after than, but no app showed up. (I don't think anyway! Where would I find it??)

So while you're asking if youre missing something, I KNOW I must be missing something? Any advice?
    04-19-11 01:23 PM
    The only thing that isn't being done through bridge is BBM. Am I doing something wrong?
    04-19-11 01:25 PM
    The only thing that isn't being done through bridge is BBM. Am I doing something wrong?
    No...it's not available yet. Gonna be a couple of weeks and a software update to get that working.
    04-19-11 01:31 PM
    I have downloaded the OTA link and loaded it on my 9700 and it all works fine including the browser. FYI
    04-19-11 01:34 PM
    yeah i installed the ota link on my torch and am now bridged to my playbook.

*sent from my playbook!*
    04-19-11 01:37 PM
    I have downloaded the OTA link and loaded it on my 9700 and it all works fine including the browser. FYI
    How do you download the OTA link on a 9700? I'm running OS 5 and the direct link is telling me that it's a 404 error. I downloaded the .jad file to my computer, emailed it to myself and then opened it, but it's saying that it failed to download.
    04-19-11 01:41 PM
    Got it to finally work - I had issues with the "Secret code"
    04-19-11 01:43 PM
454 ... 1112131415 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD