The point is with AT&T, Bridge is NOT AVAILABLE. You're describing exactly what I want to do. AT&T won't allow it. I'd like to be offline, bridged to my BB and reading/writing emails on my PB, while checking calendar availability etc for meetings. Without Bridge that's impossible. Exactly my point! I'm trying to get away from writing/responding to emails on my BB while on a plane. I'd like a larger screen. right now I use my laptop. I don't want to do that anymore.
    Understood and if you read back a few pages someone has already pointed this out again to me and I replied that I stand corrected. My initial post was to address not having a native e-mail app which were the words you used in your first post.

Hopefully I have not caused anyone any harm or undue suffering with my posts.
    04-19-11 10:31 AM
    I'm confused. I was able to download the bridge from crackberry and use it to get to crackberry with my Playbook's wifi off. (see attached) It was slower than dirt (prob my 3g connection), but it worked nonetheless.. Are you all still having this problem?
    04-19-11 10:34 AM
    I'm confused. I was able to download the bridge from crackberry and use it to get to crackberry with my Playbook's wifi off. (see attached) It was slower than dirt (prob my 3g connection), but it worked nonetheless.. Are you all still having this problem?
    Are you on AT&T?
    westcoaststyle likes this.
    04-19-11 10:38 AM
    Understood and if you read back a few pages someone has already pointed this out again to me and I replied that I stand corrected. My initial post was to address not having a native e-mail app which were the words you used in your first post.

Hopefully I have not caused anyone any harm or undue suffering with my posts.
    No animals were harmed during this discussion . As you can tell, my initial post about the lack of native email was for the reason I described above - catching up on a lot of email at 35000 feet (which a google popup just told me is 10.668 km).
    04-19-11 10:41 AM
    Are you on AT&T?
    Yes, i am on at&t.
    04-19-11 10:45 AM
    Same problem. 9550 on Verizon. BBSAK cods but no success. Any help?
    main page solved our problem luv crackberry
    though i'll grab it even before i could reach any pb... hiks... come on release it for my region... quick rim...
    04-19-11 10:49 AM
    Mine is working with the OTA via https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...erryBridge.jad.

Will test after I do the update on my PB. But the app is running just fine.
    04-19-11 10:54 AM
    So with T-Mobile to soon be run by AT&T, it will started dancing to AT&T's string tugs....so this leaves Sprint or Verizon?

This could be a bleak future ahead of us...
    T-Mobile already actively blocks tethering. They had Samsung remove the Android WiFi Tethering/Mobile AP/USB Tethering functionality from the Vibrant until they started blocking tethering. Once they got that in place, they didn't have a problem releasing it in a firmware update.

So the fact that AT&T is buying T-Mobile has absolutely no bearing on the situation. T-Mobile actually started actively blocking people getting free tethering a few/several months before AT&T started doing it.
    04-19-11 10:54 AM
    Huh, maybe we are all good....see maybe no reason to freak out ..yet.
    04-19-11 10:55 AM
    this is madness.
    04-19-11 10:57 AM
    all the other tabs HAVE email, calender and contacts apps. the PB has none loaded at all if you dont have bridge. This is the point all of us without BBs tried to explain many times
    They just don't get it...

And probably never will...
    04-19-11 11:01 AM
    Link for OTA download for Torch AT&T on front page of crackberry is working on playbook. Good speed. Only issue in set up was having to do manually vs. the bar code.
    04-19-11 11:01 AM
    If this is true we need a class action against AT&T to release us from our contracts early.
    ROFL. What an idiotic thing to say.

AT&T didn't advertise bridging, RIM did.

You don't need a contact breech, you need a refund if you brought the Playbook and this is a showstopper...
    04-19-11 11:02 AM
    Just grabbed my PB 32Go at Office Depot. Manual install of the Bridge App worked on my AT&T Torch 9800, now paired with the PB. Email, contacts, Calendar Bridge App are indeed working on the PB but the Browser keep saying "connect time out".

Could NOT connect the DUN/Internet Tethering using either isp.cingular existing AT&T profile OR the manual wap.cingular that used to work with my laptop/usb connection.

So far disappointed by 1/ the need to trick the thing while BB was pushing for the free Bridge App including browser functionality at launch and 2/ yet no way to have either tethering or browser bridge working
    04-19-11 11:09 AM
    added the ota links to the first post just in case
    04-19-11 11:25 AM
    The way at&t is rolling, even those who already have a tethering plan or those who cave and get one, they still CANNOT use any of the functions of the bridge app! Smart! the general pop doesn't even know what a playbook is, so they'll never figure out the workaround we have here...
    04-19-11 11:27 AM
    They just don't get it...

And probably never will...
    Similar to your situation with women.
    04-19-11 11:34 AM
    Doing the OTA bridge download now. I ma on AT&T. Waiting for 9780 to reboot after bridge download and install
    04-19-11 11:34 AM
    DONE and works perfectly on AT&T
    04-19-11 11:37 AM
    DONE and works perfectly on AT&T
    Sweet! an you were about to return it.
    04-19-11 11:40 AM
    Does the Bridge Browser works for you ? thx
    04-19-11 11:41 AM
    AT&T issue; Downloaded OTA Bridge app (from above)on Torch, installed fine, runs fine, recongnized my PlayBook. But....PB will on see Torch with manual pairing in Bridge setup....this is not going to work very well......wheres my box!!
    04-19-11 11:44 AM
    Another work around is to get a friend blackberry id(another carrier than AT&T) log into the app world (from the computer) and install it directly from them
    04-19-11 11:47 AM
    so does anyone have the actuall cod files for os 5?? would like them just in case the ota goes down
    04-19-11 11:51 AM
    But wait...I thought having an email, calendar, and contact app was unnecessary in the first place. At least that's what all the people with BBs said to all those without BBs who criticized the PB for its lack of said apps. So what's the big deal?
    04-19-11 11:54 AM
454 ... 1011121314 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD