This is disheartening.
    I've been waiting for several months to obtain this tablet only to find out, just hours before release, that I can't utilize Bridge because AT&T (who I've been with for 7+ years) is unfairly regulating data usage. Being able to bridge was the primary reason I didn't get an Ipad2 or a Xoom. I think I've been with AT&T long enough. I will terminate my contract if this is upheld and discontinue my consumership with Blackberry as well after years of subpar hardware and service. I was really hoping that the Playbook would revive my interest in having the inadequate Torch for so long now, but this has got to be the breaking point.

Well said. I can't believe this is real. Has anyone confirmed this is an actual intentional thing as opposed to a glitch? I mean whole companies run on AT&T...for BB to make no mention of this is almost as disastrous as AT&T's decision (if it is indeed a decision). I could see some IT dept ordering dozens of PBs only to find they wont work, ridiculous really.
    04-19-11 06:30 AM
    got the cods .. but i dont know how to put them together.. bbsak is not letting me make a jad file

uploaded a zip file
    Not a problem ... BBSAK lets you install the individual COD's. As soon as they installed, the Bridge app was there ... didn't even need a reboot.

Thanks immensely for posting these ... I definitely have to send BBSAK another donation now.
    04-19-11 06:44 AM
    This is disheartening.
    I've been waiting for several months to obtain this tablet only to find out, just hours before release, that I can't utilize Bridge because AT&T (who I've been with for 7+ years) is unfairly regulating data usage. Being able to bridge was the primary reason I didn't get an Ipad2 or a Xoom. I think I've been with AT&T long enough. I will terminate my contract if this is upheld and discontinue my consumership with Blackberry as well after years of subpar hardware and service. I was really hoping that the Playbook would revive my interest in having the inadequate Torch for so long now, but this has got to be the breaking point.
    I've always defended AT&T because the time I've been with them since they merged with Cingular, I haven't had any problems. Coverage has been good, customer service has been good. No complaints. But if this issue continues and they don't resolve it without raping customers for more $$$, it's just inexcusable.
    04-19-11 06:50 AM
    I think I need coffee. I'm still confused. Is this right?

1.Installing cod files gets you bridge on your att torch?

2. Bridge browser works?

3. Email, calender and memo doesn't work on bridge?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-11 06:56 AM
    I wish everyone would take a deep breath here.. Just because we have a few issues with bridging at 8AM on launch day doesn't mean that AT&T is evil or that everyone needs to return their Playbook. Neither RIM nor AT&T has made any statement about bridging yet on the AT&T network. Everyone getting so upset about this is really making too many assumptions here. Let's let the dust settle a bit and see what it looks like in a day or two before we all start talking about returning our Playbooks, OK? The last thing we want to do is create a situation where sales of the PB suffer because of a false rumor about AT&T not allowing bridging.

My 32 GB model should be here today. Thanks to the guys who have gone to the trouble of grabbing the CODs and creating the JAD files. I'm installing on my AT&T Torch 9800 now in prep for my PB delivery today. Unfortunately I'm on a BES, so I have some convincing to do with my BES Admin team in order to get them to turn it on for me.
    Last edited by Mojoski; 04-19-11 at 07:02 AM.
    04-19-11 07:00 AM
    Another option is to use FileScout. Connet your phone to computer and drag and drop entire zip over to media card. Disconnect phone and then open up FileScout and extract the zip file right there. jad is there with all cod files....click on jad...set permissions....voila! Your in....
    04-19-11 07:03 AM
    FileScout - the complete file, text, zip, and image manager v2.5.0.5 by emacberry....on sale in the appstore for 3.99.....
    Last edited by dling1971; 04-19-11 at 07:06 AM. Reason: added info
    04-19-11 07:05 AM
    having the issue on telus as well with bridge showing but cant download
    04-19-11 07:05 AM
    As an FYI: When I installed Bridge on my BES enabled Torch, I can successfully install and run the application, but when I actually run it the option to turn it on is disabled and there is a message that says:

"Serial Port Profile has been disabled by your System Administrator"

Bummer. Guess I'll need to go bug my BES Admin team..
    04-19-11 07:12 AM
    Thanks for the zip file. Loaded it up on my torch from AT&T and works like a charm. The bridge browser is fantastic! Just need to update BBM now!
    04-19-11 07:19 AM
    Ok this is interesting. I am on a 9780 on TMO and when I try to access the app in App World the following message appears: "This Application is not available on your device or on your carrier"

Anyone on TMO seeing the same?
    04-19-11 07:21 AM
    **** move AT&T

almost as bad as staples putzing up my order.
    04-19-11 07:22 AM
    I wish everyone would take a deep breath here.. Just because we have a few issues with bridging at 8AM on launch day doesn't mean that AT&T is evil or that everyone needs to return their Playbook. Neither RIM nor AT&T has made any statement about bridging yet on the AT&T network. Everyone getting so upset about this is really making too many assumptions here. Let's let the dust settle a bit and see what it looks like in a day or two before we all start talking about returning our Playbooks, OK? The last thing we want to do is create a situation where sales of the PB suffer because of a false rumor about AT&T not allowing bridging.

My 32 GB model should be here today. Thanks to the guys who have gone to the trouble of grabbing the CODs and creating the JAD files. I'm installing on my AT&T Torch 9800 now in prep for my PB delivery today. Unfortunately I'm on a BES, so I have some convincing to do with my BES Admin team in order to get them to turn it on for me.
    Exactly. People need to chill the f*ck out. I am on Verizon and am still getting the same "not available" message through app world. Give it, oh I don't know, slightly more than the 8.5 hours on release day to see what happens
    04-19-11 07:22 AM
    I don't really know from CODs and JADs... but does this mean that even if AT&T is going to be a complete d-bag about this, at least there's going to be an unofficial direct OTA download at some point?
    04-19-11 07:27 AM
    I have a dumb question. If we are able to work around this, either with cod or jad files, and get the bridge running successfully, can AT&T come back a week or two later and kill it by pushing out a service book?
    04-19-11 07:30 AM
    Another option is to use FileScout. Connet your phone to computer and drag and drop entire zip over to media card. Disconnect phone and then open up FileScout and extract the zip file right there. jad is there with all cod files....click on jad...set permissions....voila! Your in....

Got to this step, set permissions....what next? I cant find the bridge app on my torch. Help!
    04-19-11 07:32 AM
    I am chilling, but also trying to verify if the errors I am seeing are common or unique to me. The Bridge app posted here will not load for me at all. I get this error on BB Desktop: "No additional applications can be found. Your file might contain applications that already exist in the application list, are not compatible with your device, or have errors."

If I use Loader I get two errors: "Error in application file 25f0a157.alx: There is an XML syntax error on line 1" Followed by "This application is not compatible with your device and cannot be loaded."

I surmise that they have not released all of the versions of Bridge yet.
    04-19-11 07:33 AM
    If at&t is doing this it is crap and hope the rest don't follow.

What I don't understand is the people saying that the playbook is useless without it. If you buy any other tab it will not have this feature so are all of those worthless too?

I don't see how at&t can block the bridge, the browser yes but not the other functions.
    04-19-11 07:35 AM
    Anyone who has T-Mobile and is still not convinced what the future holds should re-read this thread. No Blackberry Bridge! Great Idea! It is like selling you a broken device and expecting you to be thankful that they know what is in your best interest.
    04-19-11 07:36 AM
    Got to this step, set permissions....what next? I cant find the bridge app on my torch. Help!
    after you unzip....there should be a folder called BB Bridge....the same name as the zip file (stay in the File Scout app). Click on the folder and then click the jad file. check 'set permissions' to allow all and click install.....
    04-19-11 07:37 AM
    Well said. If this isn't a true or isn't permanent, I hope either AT&T or RIM will jump all over it. The worst thing they could do right now is ignore this.
    04-19-11 07:37 AM
    If at&t is doing this it is crap and hope the rest don't follow.

What I don't understand is the people saying that the playbook is useless without it. If you buy any other tab it will not have this feature so are all of those worthless too?

I don't see how at&t can block the bridge, the browser yes but not the other functions.
    all the other tabs HAVE email, calender and contacts apps. the PB has none loaded at all if you dont have bridge. This is the point all of us without BBs tried to explain many times
    slbailey1, Kerms and iN8ter like this.
    04-19-11 07:40 AM
    This sucks a lot

Edit : statated here BlackBerry App World - BlackBerry Bridge

AT&T is not a supported carrier for bridge app world page say that

Edit: I extracted the cods, install them using bbsak or through DM using the ALX file.

Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites! ALX file

1) extract the zip file

2) Plug in device>Open Desktop Manager

3) Select Apploader>Add/Remove Applications

4) Select Add

5) Browse where the file is

6) Select the .alx file and Select Open>Select Next

Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites! Cods files
    use BBSAK..
    Worked for me with BBSAK, thanks a lot, hope to see bbm when I update my PB
    04-19-11 07:42 AM
    @Majoski...

The fact that neither has made a statement is part of the problem. Communication is vital to a good product launch and a good product. I am an AT&T user and Blackberry Bridge is currently not available to me without any explanation, but this info was never made available when I was pre-ordering my Playbook, so there is reason to be upset. Had it simply been communicated properly, then it would be a non-issue. RIM, AT&T and the other partners have to take some responsibility for the "situation" that may cause sales to suffer.
    04-19-11 07:44 AM
    Okay. I installed the Bridge on my AT&T Torch. Bridging works. BUT . . . . NO FRICKIN Bridge Browser!

Contact, email, calander all work. No Browser.
    04-19-11 07:46 AM
454 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD