So basically if they do block it we could unlock our torches or other AT&T phones and download it from the site .... In theory .... And screw AT&T

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Doesnt work - Im using an unlocked 9780 on at&t and as soon as i log on to app world (via PC) it knows that Im on at&t.
    04-19-11 01:28 AM
    So basically if they do block it we could unlock our torches or other AT&T phones and download it from the site .... In theory .... And screw AT&T

or just unlock it use a friends sim card load it up with the data and then switch cards back done
    Did you try to download it from your berry or the computer??

both. It says "this item is not supported for your device" on both.
    Maybe we'll need to unlock, get a foreign SIM temporarily (i.e. Rogers prepaid) just to get it downloaded and installed. Once its a running app, AT&T can't stop us then... Can they?

04-19-11 01:29 AM
    Idea .... Switch sim cards with some one from tmobile just long enough to download onto unlocked AT&T phone then switch back .... Hmmmmmm will be trying this as well

04-19-11 01:29 AM
    Doesnt work - Im using an unlocked 9780 on at&t and as soon as i log on to app world (via PC) it knows that Im on at&t.
    log in with a different carrrie sim card load it on the bb then your good to go.
    but after its loaded on i dont know if AT&T can still block it though .
    04-19-11 01:30 AM
    Idea .... Switch sim cards with some one from tmobile just long enough to download onto unlocked AT&T phone then switch back .... Hmmmmmm will be trying this as well

trying to do that right now.. lets see
    04-19-11 01:31 AM
    trying to do that right now.. lets see
    Excellent .... Let us know

04-19-11 01:32 AM
    that's sad if we have to trick our carrier just to get basic functionality out of a device.

04-19-11 01:34 AM
    that's sad if we have to trick our carrier just to get basic functionality out of a device.

very true...
    04-19-11 01:37 AM
    If this stays - I wonder how the at&t stores are gonna position this to sell?
    04-19-11 01:41 AM
    Reading this and not believing, but maybe I can provide some hope...
    I'm with Bell Canada and i'm getting "this application is currently not available on your device or carrier" (on my 9700)

... but it also isn't midnight on the west coast yet
    04-19-11 01:42 AM

... but it also isn't midnight on the west coast yet
    I'm hoping this is the issue
    04-19-11 01:43 AM
    If this stays - I wonder how the at&t stores are gonna position this to sell?
    By the time the 3G/4G playbooks are for sale, the native calendar/email etc apps will be available, so they may not worry about it. Or they'll figure out a way to charge us for it (probably the same as tethering fees) or they'll make their own version of the app with the Bridge Browser disabled. Or maybe they'll enable it for people who have an active data plan with a 3G/4G model

04-19-11 01:47 AM
    I get the same error that its not available for me either. I'm on a Att with a 9780. Hopefully they're just holding off to release it on the 19th exactly.

04-19-11 01:48 AM
    got it! using my friends blackberry id over the web page... extracting the cods now
    04-19-11 02:00 AM
    got it! using my friends blackberry id over the web page... extracting the cods now
    Excellent!!!!

04-19-11 02:05 AM
    You're my hero.
    04-19-11 02:06 AM
    let us know as soon as you try to install if ti works!
    04-19-11 02:08 AM
    You're my hero.
    I'm the hero dammit!!

LOL
    04-19-11 02:08 AM
    Are you the friend?

04-19-11 02:13 AM
    I'm on Telus with an unlocked 9800 from AT&T - the blackberry bridge program still shows up as unavailable.

I wonder if it will have anything to do with where your phone was bought from... I really hope it doesn't.
    04-19-11 02:15 AM
    ATT is a Americas biggest GSM bb carrier. They would not let that slide. Good night.
    Pretty much this. AT&T has virtually no incentive to let BB users abuse their data service by getting a free tethering workaround. They have way too many Blackberry users to turn a blind eye.

Expecting them to allow you to basically tether (it's basically tethering, the semantics is cute, though) for free is just ********.

RIM was trying to play it smart here, but I guess AT&T got the best of them.

As is common in the TelCo industry, expect other carriers to follow suit - except maybe Sprint... MAYBE... ****ty coverage/data speeds and all, Sprint is the only carrier that actually gives really good deals to their customers these days. Too bad they are addicted to ridiculous amounts of bloatware on their phones
    Last edited by N8ter; 04-19-11 at 02:19 AM.
    04-19-11 02:15 AM
    I'm on Telus with an unlocked 9800 from AT&T - the blackberry bridge program still shows up as unavailable.

I wonder if it will have anything to do with where your phone was bought from... I really hope it doesn't.
    My 9800 is from ATT and bridge installed fine here in Jamaica
    04-19-11 02:17 AM
    It is 12:18 on the Pacific coast and if this isn't cleared up by tomorrow early afternoon I'm not only cancelling my PB order but AT&T as well. I've been a customer of theirs since cell phones were the size of a brief case and mounted in the trunk. We have three personal cell phones with them now and the contract is up on all three. Unfortunately the company I work for is on AT&T and not likely to change so the PB becomes a boat anchor for me. Damn you AT&T.
    04-19-11 02:20 AM
454 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD