Maybe they will block tethering, but all PB's will get bbm, calendar and contacts through a bb
    i wish this were true but i doubt it. unless they make a special AT&T version of the app....

im sure somebody on here can figure out how to get this working for us.
    04-19-11 12:50 AM
    ATT is a Americas biggest GSM bb carrier. They would not let that slide. Good night.
    04-19-11 12:53 AM
    Whatev... Why you getting me all stressed?
    blaze erased yours and his post i think
    Last edited by josecarlosc; 04-19-11 at 12:56 AM.
    04-19-11 12:53 AM
    Whatev... Why you getting me all stressed?
    He deleted yours and his bro.....your post was the last one when he closed it.
    04-19-11 12:54 AM
    i emailed appworld support. lol. it will be curious to see how they respond (IF they respond at all)
    04-19-11 12:57 AM
    Could they be waiting till it's the 19th in the entire country?? So about 1 more hour??
    If not I guess I will have to take my 3 playbooks back (me, wife, and dads) all on AT&T with torches

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-11 12:59 AM
    I say we not try to find workarounds and instead raise **** for AT&T

04-19-11 12:59 AM
    app world is not letting me create a new blackberry id .... to see if i can download it over my international torch..
    04-19-11 01:00 AM
    Ok one more If this is for real, its a big misstep for the pb. People are gonna be very upset. I hope somebody has this figured out by tomorrow morning

04-19-11 01:00 AM
    I'm guessing it has something to do with the bridge browser...

I figured good ol' Ma' Bell would think of something to **** over the consumers, just not this drastic.
    04-19-11 01:07 AM
    Wow, This is going to hurt.
    04-19-11 01:10 AM
    But the bridge browser is one of the most important things for me so I don't have to get rid of my unlimited plan ....
    This is a very big mistake for both AT&T and RIM .... They will have lots of people very mad at them

04-19-11 01:11 AM
    i have a unlocked AT&T 9800 and was getting the same message and started to freak out but im on the Rogers network in cananda. So i went to the appworld web site on the desktop and downloaded from there and it work. just need the playbook at 8am to test but im sure it will be ok. i notcie though it was not in my app world as a app but actually landed on my all page on my 9800. hope you all get it that would be so not cool.
    04-19-11 01:12 AM
    Don't ya'll get too amped YET.. it's still not fully rolled out and nothing is OFFICIAL..meaning we have no statement from AT&T or RIM saying it's supposed to be blocked.

Until then, stay calm.. or at least try not to spaz out immediately. Remember, most parts of the World where sales are ongoing aren't even awake yet, unless it's some midnight sale or some craziness.
    04-19-11 01:15 AM
    But the bridge browser is one of the most important things for me so I don't have to get rid of my unlimited plan ....
    This is a very big mistake for both AT&T and RIM .... They will have lots of people very mad at them

I agree. This will hurt both RIM and AT&T. You'd think something like this would have been worked out BEFORE LAUNCH DAY. If AT&T wants to make their own version or something without Bridge Browser Support, RIM should have pushed to have it finished by the 19th. This is absolutely ridiculous. Between Staples, Best Buy, and AT&T, the Playbook launch has been nothing short of a tragedy

Last edited by 2001bmw330xi; 04-19-11 at 01:20 AM.
    04-19-11 01:15 AM

I wouldnt be mad at RIM, they actually tried to sneak one by for us, its the Greedy folks in Texas Im mad at
    04-19-11 01:17 AM
    Don't ya'll get too amped YET.. it's still not fully rolled out and nothing is OFFICIAL..meaning we have no statement from AT&T or RIM saying it's supposed to be blocked.

Until then, stay calm.. or at least try not to spaz out immediately. Remember, most parts of the World where sales are ongoing aren't even awake yet, unless it's some midnight sale or some craziness.
    Did u not see the AppWorld website screenshot? That's equivalent to RIM telling you directly - all carriers EXCEPT AT&T

04-19-11 01:17 AM
    I wouldnt be mad at RIM, they actually tried to sneak one by for us, its the Greedy folks in Texas Im mad at
    Yes...this exactly...douches
    04-19-11 01:20 AM
    i have a unlocked AT&T 9800 and was getting the same message and started to freak out but im on the Rogers network in cananda. So i went to the appworld web site on the desktop and downloaded from there and it work. just need the playbook at 8am to test but im sure it will be ok. i notcie though it was not in my app world as a app but actually landed on my all page on my 9800. hope you all get it that would be so not cool.
    So basically if they do block it we could unlock our torches or other AT&T phones and download it from the site .... In theory .... And screw AT&T

04-19-11 01:22 AM
    Pretty simple for me, if this isn't solved by tomorrow (today), AT&T will lose several hundred $$ a month from me. Verizon here I come. Now I need to check the Verizon roadmap for 6.1 product roll out times.

As I said on another thread, without the bridge (email, contacts, calendar, not the browser), the PB isn't the right product for my needs.
    04-19-11 01:23 AM
    So basically if they do block it we could unlock our torches or other AT&T phones and download it from the site .... In theory .... And screw AT&T

Nope, mine is unlocked but on AT&T still and I'm unable to download.
    04-19-11 01:23 AM
    Did u not see the AppWorld website screenshot? That's equivalent to RIM telling you directly - all carriers EXCEPT AT&T

Ya, I saw it.. I also see my clock that says 3:23AM local time as well, and I also see hundreds of other people despite carrier still NOT able to download it. Which to me indicates a lot of things could still be filtering through the system and are still subject to change.
    04-19-11 01:24 AM
    just realized that there is not European or Asian support either... just north and south america
    04-19-11 01:24 AM
    Nope, mine is unlocked but on AT&T still and I'm unable to download.
    Did you try to download it from your berry or the computer??

04-19-11 01:25 AM
    Ya, I saw it.. I also see my clock that says 3:23AM local time as well, and I also see hundreds of other people despite carrier still NOT able to download it. Which to me indicates a lot of things could still be filtering through the system and are still subject to change.
    For all intents and purposes, I hope you are right.

04-19-11 01:27 AM
454 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD