Hey. Two quick questions.

1) I downloaded a dropbox app from the app store. Should i use bluebox app or box.net? Just wanna store some vids and stuff. Does box.net have an app? Any pros or cons?

2) What is the best app to use to view/listen to music on my bb sd card via my PB using bridge?

Thanks!
    01-01-12 08:13 PM
    box is giving 50 gigs of storage to playbook users. way bigger. box drop box is great too. i use both. box for video n big stuff. drop box for docs n all.
    01-01-12 10:03 PM
    Dropbox is faster, Box.net gives you more space for free. Both can be accessed via Files & Folders:
    01-01-12 10:16 PM
    I have dropbox right now but was thinking about also getting box
    01-01-12 10:17 PM
    Box is no longer giving the 50GB (as of yesterday). I have been using Dropbox for the past 4 months and my only concern is the lack of encryption (and I do not wish to jump through the hoops to encrypt my data so I wind up using it in a more limited fashion). When I signed up for Box a few months ago for a basic account I was spammed regularly to upgrade my account (in spite of unsubscribing) so I wound up spam filtering anything from Box and decided to go with Dropbox and paid for the extra space. BTW, Files and Folders supports both Box and Dropbox and appears to work well based on my limited use of it in the past 24 hours since getting my Playbook.
    dbugem likes this.
    01-01-12 10:21 PM
    To stream audio, you can install JeeoSuite on your BB phone and JeeoPlayer on your PB. Both apps are free. The JeeoPlayer doesn't stream playlists but will stream music files your BB phone's SD card.
    sushistew and CanadianThomas like this.
    01-01-12 10:33 PM
    Also there is a file size limit for downloads - not sure how much; 100MB I think?
    Someone else also mentioned not being able to download/upload more than 1 file at a time with Box.net... Is that right?

I use Dropbox and have 20GB free storage... enough for me and it works great with the BlueBox app.
    01-01-12 10:33 PM
    I uninstallex Box.net and Bluebox app from my playbook when I realised it is faster and easier to use Files and Folders. I can copy a document from box.net to dropbox without having to have the hassle of lots of different apps open. Love it. If I had to make a list of my top 5 apps on the Playbook, Files and Folders would be my number 1!
    Innovatology likes this.
    01-02-12 04:59 AM
    I don't know about dropbox but went with the 50gigs. But the limitation I found was that it might take me months to upload data. It took a few hours to upload a folder of pictures. It may be my dsl but that's what I have so it seemed pretty impractical.
    01-02-12 10:30 AM
    Also there is a file size limit for downloads - not sure how much; 100MB I think?
    Someone else also mentioned not being able to download/upload more than 1 file at a time with Box.net... Is that right?

I use Dropbox and have 20GB free storage... enough for me and it works great with the BlueBox app.
    Yes you are right, the box.net app although gives a 50GB storage, does not let you upload any file bigger than 100MB... so in other words its difficult to upload videos and bigger files, unless one goes the zip route. And yes one file at a time. Although dropbox has less free storage it dosent restrict uploads to smaller sizes. Like it for that reason.
    01-02-12 04:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD