Looks like Box.net is developing an app for the Blackberry Playbook! I think that's great. So hopefully we will see this app soon. Read more here

"The company is also launching new apps for the Android Tablet and BlackBerry PlayBook."

E10CDM likes this.
    08-11-11 11:33 AM
    It is in appworld now... downloading...
    Like Dropbox but with 5 gig free.
    08-11-11 02:33 PM
    Nice app! So far so good. Now I need to decide if I should be using dropbox...too many solutions for the same thing aren't good
    Last edited by thisdudenick; 08-11-11 at 03:42 PM.
    08-11-11 03:19 PM
    wow...I likey - pretty slick...
    08-11-11 04:14 PM
    Very interesting - thanks for referencing it. I created an account. One more place where I compromise my privacy!
    08-11-11 05:19 PM
    08-11-11 05:32 PM
    They have an "app" for the actual BB phone but it is merely a link/icon to their site. You can do that with the browser - I just uploaded a hiking map and was able to get it on the phone using Box.net | Online file sharing, content management, collaboration.
    08-11-11 06:36 PM
    Reading the description gave me the impression you had to upgrade to "Box for Business" to collaborate with others. Is that more than just sharing? You can share files for free with DropBox..

Someone with experience with both services please enlighten me on what advantage drop.net gives over dropbox, could ya?

Thanks!
    08-11-11 06:54 PM
    I've been playing with box now for 2 or so weeks , and have seriously been thinking of dumping our corporate sharepoint . It does a lot of stuff that sharepoint does , with a LOT more storage and a much easier to use interface. Litigation stuff and the fact that it's not hosted in the native country might be dealbreakers.

PB integration would make this even better.
    Last edited by djdrastic; 08-12-11 at 12:36 AM.
    08-11-11 10:25 PM
    This is great! A "real" biz app for Playbook. Thank you Box.net. I had switched from Box.net to Dropbox recently, but this may push be back to Box, especially if Dropbox doesn't release a native PB app.
    08-11-11 10:51 PM
    Reading the description gave me the impression you had to upgrade to "Box for Business" to collaborate with others. Is that more than just sharing? You can share files for free with DropBox..
    See here for the features. Looks like file sharing links is free.

Box.net | Select Your Plan - Free, Individual, Business, or Enterprise ~ Free Trial for paid accounts
    08-13-11 01:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD