Interesting problem. I bought Monopoly while in the US on vacation. Now I am back in Switzerland and want to upgrade to the newest version. Since I bought the US version of the app, it does not give me the option to upgrade even though it is available here in Switzerland.

Anyone else face a similar issue? Any suggested workarounds?
    02-21-12 04:24 PM
    Shouldn't be an issue. Your app purchases are tied to your Blackberry ID. As long as your Playbook is associated with your BBID, you'll get all the content you've paid for.
    02-21-12 05:24 PM
    I have a similar problem and am looking for solution. Bought let's golf in USA where I live. Am in Germany on business now, and after updating to 2.0 it tells me there is an update for let's golf, but wants me to pay 2.49 euro
    02-21-12 05:26 PM
    I have the same problem with Monopoly. Funny enough I used a Canadian proxy IP to download it in the first place. Even with another US or Canadian proxy, I can't seem to get the update.
    02-21-12 06:32 PM
    Shouldn't be an issue. Your app purchases are tied to your Blackberry ID. As long as your Playbook is associated with your BBID, you'll get all the content you've paid for.
    It is an issue. The version of Monopoly I bought was published by Electronic Arts US. The version offered in Switzerland is published by Electronic Arts Netherlands. Hence, the version I bought is not offered in Switzerland even though they are the same app.

Same goes for other apps that I downloaded in North America.
    02-22-12 05:14 AM
    use a USA proxy and download from USA app world

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DEj0lAiqC8[/YT]
    02-22-12 05:17 PM
    use a USA proxy and download from USA app world

Thanks. It worked after a few tries.

Now another dilemma. I removed the proxy and my App World is now back to the Swiss version however when I click the Purchase button on apps, it is trying to charge me in US dollars, and the apps are more expensive in US than in Swiss francs!

Anyone ideas how to fix this one?
    02-24-12 03:44 AM
    use a swiss proxy
    02-24-12 04:24 AM
    use a swiss proxy
    I'm in Switzerland and using my home internet connection which has a Swiss IP so surely I shouldn't need to use a Swiss proxy, no?
    02-24-12 05:26 AM
    I had this issue and after finding some proxies on this site, Anonymous Surfing & Free Proxy List i managed to update monopoly.

Then you have to restart the app store after removing the proxy to see it in the currency and it worked. It is a bit stupid tbh, this whole thing.
    02-24-12 09:40 AM
    I had this issue and after finding some proxies on this site, Anonymous Surfing & Free Proxy List i managed to update monopoly.

Then you have to restart the app store after removing the proxy to see it in the currency and it worked. It is a bit stupid tbh, this whole thing.
    02-24-12 09:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD