01-08-15 03:03 PM
784 ... 303132
tools
    I recently downloaded several books from Smashwords in epub format. Upon opening one of these in Book Reader I find that the font size changes noticeably, seemingly between paragraphs. Reading the same book in Moon Reader there is no change to the font size. Is this some setting I could maybe have set incorrectly in Book Reader? If so how could I change it?
    09-26-13 06:33 AM
    Hi! Ive just installed Book Reader in my Blackberry Playbook, but when I try to open books (on epub format) it doesnt open, I cant read anything, I follow the instructions but when I tap on the book I want to read, a white screen appears and nothing to read...
    Ive tried with different books, but its always the same.
    Could you help me?
    same books are loaded/imported in with cover and everything but when I try to open it just white screen no text etc
    11-28-13 12:30 PM
    I just revived one of my old playbooks for my daughter, with the plan of using it solely as an ebook reader.

Of course I thought of this app first.

HOWEVER - while I remember the app working flawlessly for me in the past, it currently is NOT working at all

Every time I try to read a book I get an error "Application error: 304".

Is there a fix for this?
    07-13-14 09:37 PM
    I use this app almost every day. I have seen that error message on occasion. But all I do is hit the bck arrow to go back to the library and then reload the book. It comes back and even at the correct page. If that does not work, maybe reimport the book from your books folder into bokreader. Maybe try a different book.
    07-13-14 09:53 PM
    I just revived one of my old playbooks for my daughter, with the plan of using it solely as an ebook reader.

Of course I thought of this app first.

HOWEVER - while I remember the app working flawlessly for me in the past, it currently is NOT working at all

Every time I try to read a book I get an error "Application error: 304".

Is there a fix for this?
    I keep getting that same error message. It seems that the developer abandoned the app (last update shown as April 2013).
    That's terrible, because this was my most used app on my playbook.

Frosty white Q10/10.2.1.3247
    07-16-14 04:02 PM
    I keep getting that same error message. It seems that the developer abandoned the app (last update shown as April 2013).
    That's terrible, because this was my most used app on my playbook.

Frosty white Q10/10.2.1.3247
    Exact same situation. Just revisited the app after 6+mths of non use. Still use the pb daily though. Went to bookmarks to pickup where I left off and can't get rid of the 304 error.
    Love this app. Hopefully the dev didn't give up on it.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-14 08:12 PM
    Same here with the app error.

I find if you swipe forward and back (as if to change pages) you can get text to appear, but it is random.

I have troubleshooted problems with developer in the past but tried to email and bounced back with message that destination email has reached its quota. Sooooo....I think it's safe to presume that the developer is AWOL.
    mh1983 likes this.
    10-02-14 09:29 AM
    He recently fixed this issue via patch... yay! :-)

Posted via CB10
    mh1983 likes this.
    12-18-14 09:55 AM
    He recently fixed this issue via patch... yay! :-)

Posted via CB10
    Based on this comment I bought the app. I don't expect much in the way of Playbook support going forward (BB removed it from their site even yesterday), but if someone is still willing to fix a thing here and there I'll support it.
    FlagshipFighter likes this.
    01-08-15 03:03 PM
784 ... 303132
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD