I have a small problem with this app. When I tap screen to go to next Page, sometimes all the text on the next Page has a red underline. Anyone know how to stop this?
    Wish the developer would check in. The red underscoring of text on every second page or so is gettingannoying.
    02-22-13 10:13 PM
    hI,

Does this app have the ability to use different reading modes - for example day, night or sepia mode? Also when you increase the font size does it adjust the text so that everything fits on the screen without you having to scroll across to read each sentence?

Thanks
    02-23-13 05:57 PM
    hI,

Does this app have the ability to use different reading modes - for example day, night or sepia mode? Also when you increase the font size does it adjust the text so that everything fits on the screen without you having to scroll across to read each sentence?

Thanks
    The app has a choice of light, dark, sepia or custom background. The dark is I guess like night and light like day. I use sepia which is easy on eyes. Other than the problem I have had with red underlining appearing for no apparent reason when flipping pages, the app is quite good. There is one other that you might consider besides the native Kobo app.
    02-23-13 09:39 PM
    I have this app but I prefer Playepub, it has a translator and a dictionary.
    02-23-13 09:46 PM
    There's an update in BlackBerry World..
    03-02-13 11:49 AM
    I can't get this to highlight. I press and hold but it simply flips the page . Is highlighting dependent on the file type. (mobi vs epub for example )?
    03-02-13 11:52 PM
    I don't like the highlighting after the update. The highlighted fonts are wayyy too large IMHO. Wouldn't mind it larger but not twice as large. If there was only an option in the settings where I can change it........
    Nice new features in the update though. Thanks again Igor.
    Best app on my playbook.
    Can't wait for the native BB10 App
    BBplaybookJS likes this.
    03-03-13 10:18 AM
    Is highlighting broken?
    Seems like the app goes back to the wrong page when coming from a links in the book.
    This seems to only happen when the page is bookmarked with a highlight. Maybe the change in fontsize in highlights is changing the calculation of which page to display.
    The reader will also skip the last page of a chapter if there is highlighting on that page or page before.
    I found a workaround for that issue by switching between fullscreen mode in the reader. Works most of the tie but annoying.
    I tried resetting the player and reinstalling the app with no success to the problem.

Solution anyone?
    Thanks

Edit:
    It seems like a known issue as Igor mentions it in the release notes. However his workaround isn't working for me.
    Last edited by xkalibur2k; 03-24-13 at 09:43 PM.
    03-24-13 09:31 PM
    I agree the app isn't working right anymore.

Highlighted text is auto enlarged for some reason, which looks bad.

When returning from Bookmarks it something will show highlighted text and sometimes it won't. If it doesn't, it reformat all the text back to the original font size which then changes the whole section of text you might have been looking at. Sometimes one trip back to bookmarks will fix it, sometime it take more.

Also it doesn't always display the last paragraph (or portion of a paragraph) of some chapters... not sure if this has to do with bookmarks or not. But you can flip the page and you know you missed something and flip back and forth a few time and each time it will show a different amount of the last paragraph.
    03-25-13 04:34 PM
    I can't get this to highlight. I press and hold but it simply flips the page . Is highlighting dependent on the file type. (mobi vs epub for example )?
    Don't know if you found your answer....

But if in setting there is an option for page turning. Select the one that says use edges, and not the one that says the entire page.
    03-25-13 04:38 PM
    Is it just me or did the most recent update kill this app?

I just went up from 1.4.5 to 1.4.6 and I've noticed the following:

1. If I close a book, it goes right back to the cover page when I reopen it, rather than going back to my last page
    2. The font is now set to the lowest size and if I go into settings, I can change it to any size or any font and when I leave the settings, it will go back to the cover page of the book and the font will remain unchanged.

Anyone else having this issue? If not, any recommendations?
    04-03-13 08:41 PM
    Same here. Font is tiny and I can't get it to change.
    04-04-13 12:35 AM
    With the update I also cannot change font size from minimum although the settings screen seems to work fine. Changes don't take affect. I emailed untangleddev but no reply yet.
    04-04-13 10:55 AM
    Great that these people keep offering updates. Are ya listening Blackberry?

04-04-13 12:19 PM
    Click on the new background icon on the main window and the font size changes.
    04-04-13 06:59 PM
    Hi All,
    I have an ongoing problem with the Blackberry AppWorld update process.
    It looks like in some cases application installation process is failing to download and unpack all required modules.
    This issue happens intermittently in about 10-15% of all upgrades and I'm still trying to figure out the root cause.
    I was able to recreate the problem on my devices only once so far and there was no errors in an application nor system log files,
    some files simply were not unpacked from the new BAR file.

There are few steps I could recommend to fix the issue with 1.4.6 that have been confirmed by other users (some required only step 1,
    some 1 and 2m and some really had to re-install the app):

1. First of all, try to use toggle reader's skin using new skin selection button in a reading mode. This will recreate one of the missing files
    and the reader might work again as expected.
    2. If not, please try to go to the Settings screen, scroll to the last configuration option and tap on "Reset the Reader" button.
    3. Unfortunately, if instructions above will not solve the issue, you would need to delete and re-install the application from the Blackberry
    World (you will not be charged again).

Sorry for the inconvenience,
    Igor
    Untangled Development
    Last edited by untangleddev; 04-05-13 at 12:13 AM.
    FF22 and castleruins like this.
    04-04-13 10:34 PM
    Thanx! That fixed it!
    04-06-13 07:40 PM
    This update screwed me as well. Switching to a default skin then back to my custom one worked.
    04-27-13 01:54 PM
    Tried all ideas. Still can't highlight text. Any other thoughts?
    04-28-13 01:56 PM
    Does anyone know if there is a quicker way to import the books into the app? I currently have about 1500 books on my PB - which took around 4 hours to fully import - and I want to add about 200 more. Problem is that whenever I try to add books, it seems to try to scan everything again. Is there a way to stop this, or to just scan for new books? I don't want to have to manually add each book, or spend around 5 hours waiting to start reading
    05-01-13 04:23 PM
    Hi Igor,

I am a fan of your book reader and use it for hours daily. However following added features are much needed and will help us users greatly. Pl try to add them.

1. brightness control like in fbeader, moon+ reader on android platform. (e.g. by swiping up/downon left side of book reader open page for brightness control) . ALSO while book reader is open, playbook's auto dimming control etc may be disabled to avoid conflict

2. let the book reader go to any directory path/folder of stored books and read book from there instead of importing whole books into book reader. Again like android ebook readers like mentioned above does.

3. More background colors and font colors like in mobipocket reader. Day/Night mode with color customization

4. importing if unavoidable, may be selective and should have skip function for files already existing in book reader library. Only new books may be imported. Otherwise, it takes hours and duplicates existing books copying.

Thanks

Nitin Vasavada
    06-22-13 11:20 AM
    Still waiting for the scroll function to be implemented... Scroll down an entire book rather than flipping page by page.
    07-24-13 12:41 PM
    Hi guys,
    I just downloaded my second epub file but the Playepub Book Reader seems unable to find it. I'm almost through the first book and, although the second book is in the same directory, the Reader doesn't show it. Any ideas?
    09-13-13 01:34 PM
    Hi guys,
    I just downloaded my second epub file but the Playepub Book Reader seems unable to find it. I'm almost through the first book and, although the second book is in the same directory, the Reader doesn't show it. Any ideas?
    Did you remember to import the book into the reader? On the bottom where it says "Get Books", use that and navigate to the directory where the books are, select the book or books you want to import into the reader and then hit the blue plus sign at the top right. When the little window pops up hit import. You willnow find the book in the readers library (left most button at the bottom).

When I first got the reader I would put my books into the Palybooks "Books" folder then fire up the reader and wonder where my books were, then remember I had to still import them.... Its second nature now.

Hope this helps.
    09-13-13 08:06 PM
    Hi! I�ve just installed Book Reader in my Blackberry Playbook, but when I try to open books (on epub format) it doesn�t open, I can�t read anything, I follow the instructions but when I tap on the book I want to read, a white screen appears and nothing to read...
    I�ve tried with different books, but it�s always the same.
    Could you help me?
    09-16-13 03:01 PM
784 ... 29303132
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD