Hey guys,

Just wanting to make sure my assumptions are correct here. Whenever I am on a call using my Plantronics bluetooth headset my bridge apps all stop working. If I tap a message notification while on a call, the messages app will start to open but will hang at the black screen with the Blackberry logo, and then it eventually times out and closes.

I've always assumed that this was because the majority of the data transmission that Bluetooth can support is being used to pipe the audio to my headset, and there isn't enough left over to load the messages data before it times out. Do you guys agree that this is what is happening? Do others see the same limitation? Is there anything we can do to make it better? Would using a bluetooth keyboard and mouse create the same issue? It seems they would use less data than the live audio feed does.. Thoughts?

Thanks for any replies..

Mojoski
    06-10-11 07:24 AM
    Good question - looking forward to an answer- also wondering about bandwidth limitations for file transfer.
    06-11-11 02:34 PM
    i've had a similar issue and i think it is related to the tx limit of bt. maybe bridge hogs alot of bandwidth, or the bt stack is not optimized. i have a blackberry stereo gate in my car and i use it stream music from my phone to the car stereo. ever since i got the PB, the music hiccups every once in a while.

also, tethering sometimes drops out from the pb, even when i have good signal on my phone. i suspect this also has something to do the bt bandwidth. i really hope rim but work in bridge and the stack in the future releases
    06-14-11 07:07 PM
    Yes Mojo, your assumptions about the bandwidth are correct. However, you should be able to use some of your bridge apps while on a call using your bluetooth. I can open the bridge browser and load the yahoo website, but if I try to open the email, contacts and calendar then things start shutting down. If you really push it you may even lose the tablet pairing connection altogether. Working the bridge apps also affects the audio quality of your call. When I switch to headset or handset the audio is fine.
    06-14-11 07:41 PM
    I hadn't tried bridge browser while on a call. Usually what i need access to is either email or calendar.. Annoying. i guess i'll have to try my wired BB headphones next time..
    06-14-11 08:15 PM
    yeah I usually get a little static during a bridge applications while on a call but they still work.

BF
    06-14-11 10:52 PM
    my bridge is constantly dropping out. i have to restart the pb or sometimes pull the batt on my bb. it is quite annoying.
    only one bluetooth device at a time, not trying to run a bunch of devices at once.
    range is not the problem, it usually happens at work with the devices less than 2 feet apart.
    06-14-11 11:01 PM
    i disabled bt encryption just now, ill see if things get better and report back soon.
    06-14-11 11:26 PM
    I listen to music via the multipoint blue-tooth on the Bold and then Bridge browse or BB message from the PB. Intermitent music drops, but not annoying yet. PB Bridge working just fine.
    06-14-11 11:48 PM
    If you go into your Torch bluetooth settings, select the PB and then select options, you see the following services checked as active: headset; handsfree; serial port profile (with the following subset: desktop connectivity; wireless bypass; data transfer; and sim access profile); dial-up networking; audio source; and A/V remote control target.

But if you select, within the Torch bluetooth settings, the PB again and this time select "device properties" the services list is blank and if you try and refresh, you only get a "waiting for PB" message and nothing happens.

This stuff sails right over my head. My bt bridge problem has been interference on my Torch headset during calls. Its improved since the updates, but crops back up now and then. I wonder if it would help to de-select some of the active services I'm not using? If the long list of services truly reflects what the bridge is capable of, good stuff might be coming. Or is that list just the full default bt services for the Torch?
    06-15-11 12:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD