I know @jcarty is at BBWC this week so he's been a bit preoccupied, but Blaq v1.8 dropped this week. One of my favorite features of Blaq was to view the website card as a webpage full screen by tapping the gear icon and selecting view as webpage. I don't see that this is still available.

Anyone found a way to get that to work, or is it just missing from this version?
    05-03-12 10:20 AM
    I know @jcarty is at BBWC this week so he's been a bit preoccupied, but Blaq v1.8 dropped this week. One of my favorite features of Blaq was to view the website card as a webpage full screen by tapping the gear icon and selecting view as webpage. I don't see that this is still available.

Anyone found a way to get that to work, or is it just missing from this version?
    Rest assured, a fix is forthcoming. But yes, it's not in the version and there is no workaround to my knowledge.
    05-03-12 10:33 AM
    I found a bug in all versions of Blaq, I mentioned @Blaq but it was not addressed.

This bug is, when there is a long link in a tweet and it wasn't shortened, e.g.
    Code:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/playbook-apps-games-f243/blaq-v1-8-view-website-card-full-screen-721367/
    it will be displayed as
    Code:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/playbook-apps-...

This is alright, BUT, when I want to copy or open the link in Browser, it opens the '...' shortened one instead of the full URL, making the link malformed. I know we can view webpages in the website card but sometimes I need to send the link to instapaper or just view comfortably in the browser. Anyone can inform Blaq developer?
    Akuji_ism likes this.
    05-03-12 10:56 AM
    Rest assured, a fix is forthcoming. But yes, it's not in the version and there is no workaround to my knowledge.
    Thanks. I'm sure they will get it fixed. I've never had as good of support from the developers as I have with Blaq. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't a swipe gesture of some sort worked in now to expand to full screen.
    05-03-12 11:00 AM
    I can't even get it to work. I just bought the app yesterday and am not too happy. Hopefully a fix will be coming pretty quick now that BBW is over.
    05-03-12 01:07 PM
    I found a bug in all versions of Blaq, I mentioned @Blaq but it was not addressed.

Code:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/playbook-apps-games-f243/blaq-v1-8-view-website-card-full-screen-721367/
    it will be displayed as
    Code:

This is alright, BUT, when I want to copy or open the link in Browser, it opens the '...' shortened one instead of the full URL, making the link malformed. I know we can view webpages in the website card but sometimes I need to send the link to instapaper or just view comfortably in the browser. Anyone can inform Blaq developer?
    I get the same problem too.

I also wanted an option to open all links in native/inbuilt browser. I like to have my links open in the native browser but I miss-tap URLs in the app like 50% of the time so some open in the native browser and some don't.
    05-03-12 01:58 PM
    Im having a problem , i use 2 account on Blaq but when i do a swipe Up-Down to bring the App menu in order to switch accounts, i noticed that sometimes one Avatar from the other account stacks with the one from the other account. Anyone else experiencing this?
    05-03-12 02:56 PM
    I can't use Blaq since updating to version 1.8.

When I try to run the application App World opens and shows the Blaq product page, but Blaq remains closed.

Restarting the PlayBook and Reinstalling the App didn't help.

I've contacted the developer for support and I'm currently waiting for a response.
    05-03-12 03:51 PM
    Blaq is updatwd to 1.8.1 but I can't see the change log yet because I am using bridge not wifi. Anyone can check?
    05-03-12 09:59 PM
    It's fixed!
    05-04-12 12:15 AM
    Hope they fix real time streaming as well. That's the only let down for me.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    05-04-12 12:34 AM
    My twitter notifications only work when blaq is open, is this the same for everyone?

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk
    05-04-12 01:36 AM
    My twitter notifications only work when blaq is open, is this the same for everyone?

I'm fairly sure this is a feature of the PlayBook OS, not a Blaq issue. I may be wrong, and I'm sure someone will correct me, but I don't believe notifications are supported the same way as Berry phones at the present time.

Barljo
    05-04-12 02:25 AM
    I'm fairly sure this is a feature of the PlayBook OS, not a Blaq issue. I may be wrong, and I'm sure someone will correct me, but I don't believe notifications are supported the same way as Berry phones at the present time.

Barljo
    You are right. In Playbook OS, if an app is closed (no visible window) then it is completely closed, nothing runs in the background. There are some exceptions like app world (checks for updates even if it is not opened), messages (push email). I think third party apps doesn't have background notifications yet.
    05-04-12 04:08 AM
    That's okay then, I can leave Blaq open in a minimised windows then
    05-04-12 05:43 AM

Code:
    it will be displayed as
    Code:

A fix is coming and Instapaper support is on the list

I get the same problem too.

I also wanted an option to open all links in native/inbuilt browser. I like to have my links open in the native browser but I miss-tap URLs in the app like 50% of the time so some open in the native browser and some don't.
    I've heard this request more than once so you should see it as an option soon.

Im having a problem , i use 2 account on Blaq but when i do a swipe Up-Down to bring the App menu in order to switch accounts, i noticed that sometimes one Avatar from the other account stacks with the one from the other account. Anyone else experiencing this?
    Known bug. Fix coming soon.

No way to do that, just yet. Hoping BlackBerry 10 will change that. Stay tuned!
    jiatern, Barljo and emtunc like this.
    05-04-12 07:23 PM
    This is awesome! We need more dedicated developers like you Thank you!
    05-05-12 12:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD