Man I'm having a hard time paying $2 for a decent twitter app when other platforms have them for free... but I probably will
    05-31-11 04:53 PM
    Tip from twitter:

@blaq
    Tip: Pull down on the tweet card to send a new tweet.

Tip: Hold down on the Retweet icon to edit the RT before sending it out. Cool, huh?
    05-31-11 05:12 PM
    Can someone tell me how to open a link in the browser vs having it open in the Blaq preview window?
    05-31-11 05:18 PM
    Can someone tell me how to open a link in the browser vs having it open in the Blaq preview window?
    If you tap directly on the link I find it opens the browser
    05-31-11 05:21 PM
    sweet? fantastic? awesome?
    maybe compared to Tweedless its those things but 99% of free twitter apps for android or ios function better than this, and its paid! it can hardly scroll, no searching, and the in app browser makes me want to die. this looks like beta software, and im being generous when i say that.

nice try, but if you dont already have this, save your money and just use the browser.
    05-31-11 05:56 PM
    sweet? fantastic? awesome?
    maybe compared to Tweedless its those things but 99% of free twitter apps for android or ios function better than this, and its paid! it can hardly scroll, no searching, and the in app browser makes me want to die. this looks like beta software, and im being generous when i say that.

nice try, but if you dont already have this, save your money and just use the browser.
    For me Blaq works perfect. It scrolls fine for me and like a previous poster said, tapping on the actual link opens them in the browser if you don't like the in-app browser pane (which I actually love). Search is indeed missing but it's one of those things I personally use only every once in a while so I don't really miss it.

In the famous words of the Dude:

Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

For me Blaq is a HUGE step up compared to 'just using the browser'. And of course I realize that's my opinion too
    tstrike34 and tstrike34 like this.
    05-31-11 06:15 PM
    Works fine for me too. I would like to see in the future where I can go back to the top of my timeline w/o having to scroll all the way back up. I dont ever use search, so thats a no biggy for me. I hated having to use the Twitter site, Hahlo was a little better but I hated having to refresh every few minutes.

I disagree with the comparison to the other platforms, as this is a new OS. If you're goin to compare, I would say Blaq is a lot better than Tweedless at this moment.
    05-31-11 06:48 PM
    Concur with above two - Blaq is worth it compared to the browser. I'm a fan. No issues scrolling at all, super smooth. Thanks to the devs.
    05-31-11 07:29 PM
    So far I have to say I didn't mind paying 2 dollars for it. The only thing I have a problem with is the gestures in mine. They don't seem to be working properly.
    05-31-11 08:02 PM
    Just noticed that Videos will play in that preview box, and if you double click it the video will full screen.
    05-31-11 08:37 PM
    I'm really liking it so far. I do somewhat miss search, but other than that, it's very nice. I find scrolling smooth and responsive.
    05-31-11 08:56 PM
    This app is a great start. Love to see search in an update soon.
    05-31-11 08:59 PM
    gotta love when people whine about spending $2 for an app on a $500+ device...anyway here's comments from blaq's website:

"We still have a lot of work to do, but PlayBook users finally have an app that they can truly experience Twitter with. Here are a few cool features you’ll find in Blaq today:

Gestures: swipe the tweet card down to access the composing box, or swipe it off to the right to get rid of it all together
    Tap and hold: hold the reply button to choose whether to reply or reply all, holding the RT button will allow you to edit your retweets before sending them
    Embed.ly support baked in: load a whole mess of links from hundreds of different services, ranging from all your standard photo sharing services and YouTube, to more exotic content from sites like SoundForge and Dribbble
    We have tons of additional features planned for Blaq, too. We’ll be updating the app as quickly as possible until all of our planned features are in place. Some of these include but are absolutely not limited to:

List support: Yeah, sorry guys…it being in the features list was an accident, but it will be present in the first update!
    More advanced notifications: there are still some limitations regarding native notifications on the PlayBook platform, but we’re working on some stellar solutions
    Multi-account support: we wanted to make sure you had a solid app to use one account with first, but multi-account support is a major focus for us — just requires more testing
    Customization: since one of the bigger benefits of our original BlackBerry app was extensive customization, expect deep menus with lots of fun options in a near-future update"

Blaq
    05-31-11 08:59 PM
    can't buy from appworld. keep getting error 11000 and paypal saying billing method not supported. anyone??
    05-31-11 10:41 PM
    can't buy from appworld. keep getting error 11000 and paypal saying billing method not supported. anyone??
    this thread may or may not help if you haven't checked it out already, didnt see that error code message but could have some tips for you:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f222/ap...rd-fix-618200/
    05-31-11 10:48 PM
    Twitter users should be called "Twits".
    i thought i remembered hearing somewhere about youtube and twitter and facebook combining forces?!

and something about being called "YouTwitterFace"

:P
    05-31-11 11:04 PM
    this thread may or may not help if you haven't checked it out already, didnt see that error code message but could have some tips for you:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f222/ap...rd-fix-618200/
    yes, i search the forum already and found the same link..but the problem still occuring.. RIM should let users purchase apps from webstore
    05-31-11 11:13 PM
    It's a decent app. I've just gotten used to Hahlo which I like better even though it isn't a stand alone app.
    06-01-11 12:17 AM
    First paid app for me!! so far im loving it... real simple and easy to use...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-11 01:01 AM
    "Gestures: swipe the tweet card down to access the composing box, or swipe it off to the right to get rid of it all together"

hi can anyone explain this? can't seem to get this one working. thanks
    06-01-11 07:47 AM
    "Gestures: swipe the tweet card down to access the composing box, or swipe it off to the right to get rid of it all together"

hi can anyone explain this? can't seem to get this one working. thanks
    I think the secret is to swipe on the actual text of the tweet in the tweet card, not down on the area below the tweet where the details of the tweeter, or the preview of the web page, shows..

That help?
    thatRICO likes this.
    06-01-11 11:08 AM
    I think the secret is to swipe on the actual text of the tweet in the tweet card, not down on the area below the tweet where the details of the tweeter, or the preview of the web page, shows..

That help?
    Blaq has to be the sweetest app/client made for PB so far. THIS IS THE STANDARD by which other apps are gonna be judged.

Great job guys! Yall just made PB extremely useful.
    06-01-11 11:40 AM
    i bought this last night and so far im loving it. Only issue im having is i cant find a way to view someones profile. any help?
    06-01-11 02:07 PM
    i bought this last night and so far im loving it. Only issue im having is i cant find a way to view someones profile. any help?
    The full profile and list of tweets from a user is not there yet, I don't think. If you click on a tweet and then select the picture of the tweeter in the upper right section of the screen, you will get a panel with some details about the user (number of tweets, etc..) but I don't think it has a way yet to show the full profile and look at all recent tweets from that user..

Hope that helps..
    06-01-11 02:45 PM
    ah yea the full profile and list of tweets was what i was looking for. Thanks for the heads up i was starting to think i was going crazy.
    06-01-11 02:55 PM
97 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD